Ukraine Mess

Yes, I heard an astonishing figure the other day, the amount I forget now :) for how much of our taxes are spent on private contractors and black ops mercenaries. Shocked me. It keeps going up every year. Like you say, they can get away with a lot more.
:axeman2:

Really??!!

Why don't you find this figure the UK spends on black ops and mercenaries, should be a great read. As for getting away with a lot more can you elaborate.
Ta👀

you can hire all Army if you got the money even Air Support lol

So first of all the word "Mercenary" is always a great sell for viewing/reading numbers.

3,000 Brit volunteers fighting in Ukraine, not a chance, several hundred at the most, all in the Ukrainian military in some shape or form.

As for UKSF or other SF operating in Ukraine, who do you think does the close protection for the diplomats in Kyiv or visiting dignitaries? The SF chaps.
No doubt some are also involved in planning of certain Ukrainian SF missions. UK PLC can not afford to have dead serving SF chaps coming back from Ukraine, the Russians would have a field day with the propaganda.

3 ex SAS were killed in Lviv in the early days of the war when the base was hit, the number of dead was around 280 not the figures given in the press.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Wagner group are what the West lump all Russian contract companies as, but Alpha group is one of the main players:

As for France v Russia in the CAR what a load of dribble.

:axeman2:

Really??!!

Why don't you find this figure the UK spends on black ops and mercenaries, should be a great read. As for getting away with a lot more can you elaborate.
Ta👀
Hi,

Because I don't have the time to verify everything I hear, and it was just one source. The conversation went that way, and I had heard similar, so talked :) I am sure you can find a figure yourself if you have the inclination or are that enthusiastic to counter what I say.

p.s. If I recall, it was a Russell Brand video on youtube quoting a report from Substack or similar. You could start looking there. It mentioned the amount and percentage increase compared to previous years, and I was astonished.

So first of all the word "Mercenary" is always a great sell for viewing/reading numbers.

3,000 Brit volunteers fighting in Ukraine, not a chance, several hundred at the most, all in the Ukrainian military in some shape or form.

As for UKSF or other SF operating in Ukraine, who do you think does the close protection for the diplomats in Kyiv or visiting dignitaries? The SF chaps.
No doubt some are also involved in planning of certain Ukrainian SF missions. UK PLC can not afford to have dead serving SF chaps coming back from Ukraine, the Russians would have a field day with the propaganda.

3 ex SAS were killed in Lviv in the early days of the war when the base was hit, the number of dead was around 280 not the figures given in the press.

Wagner group are what the West lump all Russian contract companies as, but Alpha group is one of the main players:

As for France v Russia in the CAR what a load of dribble.
maybe SKY is hiding something
Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 09.35.16.png
Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 09.40.15.png

Anyone else see this journalist and the US Deputy Defence Secretary?

Besides the Defence Secretary's terrible attitude, which I personally believe she should lose her job for, the US defence budget for 2024 has been proposed at around 860 billion, but the Pentagon has failed its last five defence audits and is unable to explain where billions have gone.

Imagine being an accountant and making such an error. You would be out of a job quicker than you can say 'Jack Robinson'.

Corruption is nothing new, but the brazen attitude of the UK and USA governments is pretty shocking right now.
Such errors, intentional or otherwise, make me a commodity to such businesses ;)

Or my lack of ethics, who knows :p

As geeky as it sounds there's actually a European Group on Spreadsheets, highlighting the risks of poor controls (M and S had a simple error that lead to a 3m overstatement of profit) - the site is kinda like X Hamster for virgins :laugh:

After the USA condemned Russia for using cluster bombs, they are about to send a bucket load to Ukraine.

In other news, Ukraine cannot join NATO until the war is over. But fear not! Countries from the G7 group are putting together a plan to arm and support Ukraine financially.

War is war and Russia have laid so many landmines across a front in excess of 1,000kms, the use of Cluster munitions will in turn help de-mine the area. As well as hit Russian soldiers dug in.

War is barbaric, but lets not forget, Ukraine are the ones that have been subjected to an illegal invasion and a genocidal campaign by Putin's Russia.

War is war and Russia have laid so many landmines across a front in excess of 1,000kms, the use of Cluster munitions will in turn help de-mine the area. As well as hit Russian soldiers dug in.

War is barbaric, but lets not forget, Ukraine are the ones that have been subjected to an illegal invasion and a genocidal campaign by Putin's Russia.
Given that mode of thinking, would you advocate for biological warfare and torture?

The use of cluster bombs is banned under the Geneva Convention. Therefore, it's a war crime.

Just like mandatory vaccinations are a crime against humanity, these rules have been laid down by our forefathers for very good reasons. Largely, to protect humanity and the innocent people who are not conscripts, soldiers or enlisted.

Spot on Bamber.

Funny how the Geneva Convention, human rights etc are tossed away by the "good side" when its for their perceived "the greater good"

Those laws and treaties were put in place for exactly these situations, and any violation should see all those involved go to prison for life.

Given that mode of thinking, would you advocate for biological warfare and torture?

The use of cluster bombs is banned under the Geneva Convention. Therefore, it's a war crime.

Just like mandatory vaccinations are a crime against humanity, these rules have been laid down by our forefathers for very good reasons. Largely, to protect humanity and the innocent people who are not conscripts, soldiers or enlisted.
Of course not, nor would I advocate war full stop, or a genocidal campaign being waged by Russia on Ukraine. However, without the ability to provide a no fly zone courtesy of NATO, the Ukrainian counter offensive is moving incredibly slowly due to lack of air support. As a result of the thousands of mines placed by Russia. Cluster munitions will help provide a path through these minefields and in turn remove troops dug into the trenches on the Russian defensive lines.

As for the Geneva Convention, Russia does not respect it re Bucha.

Spot on Bamber.

Funny how the Geneva Convention, human rights etc are tossed away by the "good side" when its for their perceived "the greater good"

Those laws and treaties were put in place for exactly these situations, and any violation should see all those involved go to prison for life.
You are misinformed. Nothing in the Geneva Convention concerning the use of Cluster Munitions. Whilst this is a moot point, I need to clarify.

You mean the Convention on Cluster Munitions banning the use of Cluster bombs, which over 100 countries are signed up to. Russia, the USA and Ukraine are not signatories to this.

You are misinformed. Nothing in the Geneva Convention concerning the use of Cluster Munitions. Whilst this is a moot point, I need to clarify.

You mean the Convention on Cluster Munitions banning the use of Cluster bombs, which over 100 countries are signed up to. Russia, the USA and Ukraine are not signatories to this.

I stand corrected. As you say, they are not banned under the Geneva Convention. I noticed Russia also refused to sign the CCM. I wonder if they have been using them now. Couldn't find any evidence of them using them yet, but plenty to suggest they have a good stockpile. Will the Ukrainians use prompt theirs, I wonder?

Still a barbaric weapon that increases the risk of civilian death due to its 'carpet-bombing' effect, which is against the Geneva Convention and is a war crime:

The carpet bombing of cities, towns, villages, or other areas containing a concentration of civilians is considered a
as of Article 51 of the 1977
of the

So, guessing a war crime would be defined by where they are used, and we will have to wait and see what effect they have on both countries.

p.s. Have been looking (briefly) to see if a cluster bomb is classed as having a 'carpet-bombing' effect. Funnily enough, references to the USA's operations to carpet-bomb Vietnam, in particular, 'Operation Thunder', mention cluster bombs as the ammunition type. 🤔

Last edited:
So Russia have limited the travel of staff working for the UK Embassy in Moscow. Seems they are upset with the UK's supposed involvement with Ukraine and their alleged attack on the Kersch Bridge in Crimea earlier this week.

Apart from the fact that Crimea is internationally recognised as part of the sovereign state of Ukraine, which Russia have illegally occupied since 2014. Even if the UK was somehow involved, so what. Remember Salisbury...

Hopefully it won't be long before Stormshadows are within range of it...

So yesterday it was confirmed that a British Challenger 2 tank was destroyed by the Russians, near the front line south of Zaporizhzhia, whereby it struck a mine, then was taken out by a drone or artillery once immobilised.

This is the first ever Challenger 2 tank taken out by enemy fire, with the only other one taken out was by another Challenger 2 in a blue on blue incident during the Iraq 2003 invasion.

However, unlike their Soviet T x equivalents, that decide to enter the Tank Turret launching competition when hit, killing all crew inside of them. Thanks to the Chobham armour of the Challenger 2 tank, all four Ukrainian crew survived and got out unscathed after it was immobilised by the mine.

Personally my view is, we should send all of our stock of Challenger 2 tanks to Ukraine. Not like that we need them with the UK being surrounded by the best tank trap in the world, ie the sea.

chally2.jpeg

For anyone who wants to keep abreast and up to date with what is going on in Ukraine and also to weed out the vast swathes of disinformation about the current situation there, Jake Broe on YouTube provides quality updates every two days or so.

Jake is a former USAF veteran who served as a Nuclear and Missiles Operations Officer. He provides sources and links to all the information he discusses in his video, the good and the bad. He is also very pro Ukraine, but he does not hide that fact.

Below is Jake's latest video that dropped in the early hours of this morning, well worth a watch IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back