Last update: 25 May 2018
CASINOMEISTER® is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
You may be pleased to note that all users, not just those in the EU, will have the same data privacy rights.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us and also how you may use our website and information. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Under data protection legislation Casinomeister® is the data controller.
Information we may collect from you
- Information that you provide by creating an account, posting items in the forum, or filling in forms on our website www.casinomeister.com ("our website"). This includes your name and contact details and, of course, your postings and replies to other postings.
- We may also ask for information when you report any problems.
- If you use our Player Arbitration service, then we will collect and retain any information (including personal data) you provide to us for that purpose.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of any correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- If you sign up to our newsletters, we will collect the information you give us in order for you to subscribe.
- Our forum allows you to add or remove content in your user profile like favortite bands, books, beverages, etc. This is not collected by us - it is not obligatory, it is there solely for you to add to your profile.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, but does not identify any individual.
If you have logged into the forum then we will retain details of your use of the forum.
- identifying you and tracking your preferences during that session, and
- Keeping you logged into our forum
- Allowing you to receive our push messages via your browser.
Where you have set your preferences in your browser for permitting or disallowing "cookies" then we will endeavour to honour that selection apart from where this would make our website inoperable and their use is temporary.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will only be stored and processed in the European Economic Area ("EEA").
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You may not share that password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data en route to us. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to guard against unauthorised access.
Please see the third party advertisers section below.
Uses made of your personal data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To enable the forum and to allow you to post and receive messages via the forum.
- If you submit a complaint via our "Player Arbitration" complaint service, then you agree that we may use your personal data for resolving the dispute, which includes allowing us to share that personal data and information with the casino in question. You also agree to that casino providing us, in return, with any information it may hold about you which is relevant to the complaint. This may include information which is critical of you. This mutual agreement is also acknowledged and dealt with during the submission phase of the complaint.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have expressly consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users like 4% of our traffic is from Germany for example.
Third party advertisers
Our business is dependent on advertising so we do make use of various tracking methods. They are:
- Google analytics, and
- various affiliate links
If you do not agree to this then you cannot use our website. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF AND ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITE WILL BE DEEMED TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS.
This website is intended for your own personal use.
If you agree to us sending you marketing communications then we may do so, but you can request that we stop doing so at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button in any e-mails or contacting us here.
You have the following rights under current legislation:
- The right of access: You have the right at any time to ask to see a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to withdraw consent: Where you have given your consent to our processing you may withdraw this at any time.
- The right to rectification and data quality: If your personal data is incorrect or incomplete then you may ask us to remedy that.
- The right to erasure including retention and disposal: You may ask us to delete or remove your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing but this may affect any services we provide to you which relies on that personal data. Some information you provide, such as any information disclosed to us in using our player arbitration service, may be retained even if you ask for your data to be deleted. We will only do so if we can establish a legitimate reason for continuing to hold onto that personal data.
- The right to restrict processing: Where you have highlighted an issue with the data.
- The right to data portability: This allows you to request that your personal data be shared with other processors at your request.
- The right to object: Where you have an objection to our processing you may do so.
Please note that while you may want to withdraw your consent to our processing or ask that your personal data be erased, there may be circumstances in which we can keep a copy. An example would be keeping a copy (but subject to restricted access) so that we can deal with any contractual issues that may arise in the future.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you user those websites. These other websites may use adword tracking facilities, particularly on foreign websites where this may be permitted.