Ok, aside from the issue at hand what's with all this "why they get all the love?" stuff. To be perfectly honest with you we -- I know it's true for me and I suspect for Bryan too -- are WAY too busy with other things to even begin to think of playing favourites.
When people ask me for help I try and help them, when they report something I try and do what needs to be done. Other than that I really don't pay a lot of attention to what you guys say or do UNLESS it becomes a moderation problem.
In other words I do have a sh*t list but no "special love" list, if you get what I'm driving at. I'm sorry if this offends anyone but it's just the way it goes given the work load, the nature of the job and the carousel of peeps that pass through here. The "Wanted" posters stay pretty constant though so that's maybe why they're a little clearer in my mind.
So no, this frickin' PM issue is not receiving attention now because a "special" person brought it up whereas before ... whatever, it's too silly to even bother putting into words.
The bottom line is that the way it was worded this time around -- at first I wasn't even aware it was an old issue -- made it sound like something that needed attention, hence the attention. Before I guess it wasn't or didn't or whatever. Frankly I can't recall the details so I'm only guessing.
And since no one has bothered to summarize the issue for me (privately, if you please) I still don't know WTF is going on. Maybe it needs attention, maybe it doesn't. I honestly don't know because so far it makes no sense to me so I can't say "flag it" or "flush it" yet because I simply don't have enough information.
I should say this though: just because something gets reported doesn't mean we're going to do what you ask us to do with it. Think of the "Report Post" thing as a "hey, look at this" button not as a "this is what I want you to do about it" button. We make our own judgments based on what we see and know. Sometimes I guess you'll like what we do about it, sometimes you won't. How is that different than anything else around here? I'm suggesting it isn't, it's just the same MO as with everything else.
And last but not least: if you think one of the moderators -- umm, maybe someone named "Max"? -- is playing favourites or being a dick or stealing your cabbages or whatever REPORT IT TO BRYAN. He runs the show around here, you all know that. If he does something about it then you can conclude that he figured something needed to be done. If he doesn't then that tells you something too. Trust me, I've received "course corrections" from the big guy more than once, he ain't bashful about doing what needs to be done.
That said you should also seriously consider respecting his decision not to do something about it if that's the way he sees it. Think if it as a learning opportunity, a chance to see the thing through different eyes.
So, anyway, if you've got a serious personnel complaint don't waste your time posting about it, take it directly to the top. Posts are for chit-chatting and shooting the breeze, direct messages to the boss are for getting things done.