Today I Feel Good Because...

Got a body camera on the way,lol. It's for other reasons though as well. The next issue is how to secure it where it will be stable, but the co-worker is off this week that is selling me a bike so still like a month away before bike rides I say.
Update:

Excited as the co-worker said he should have the bike for me on Friday! Just about to go on Amazon for bike stuff/accessories. Saturday is supposed to be an o.k. day but will keep an eye on the weather. Who up for Canadian bike rides? :D

Update:

Excited as the co-worker said he should have the bike for me on Friday! Just about to go on Amazon for bike stuff/accessories. Saturday is supposed to be an o.k. day but will keep an eye on the weather. Who up for Canadian bike rides? :D

Have fun! :)

Tomorrow we're getting snow :( but Saturday definitely looks like a perfect bike day!

Update:

Best bike accessory for me (besides the usual puncture repair kit, pump and bottle) would be a multi-tool.

I have one of these and its come in handy a few times.....

1619069309998.png

You dont have to splash out but you get what you pay for in most cases with tools.

Hope you have fun, i wish i could MTB in Canada. Essex just doesnt compare, although we do have an olympic track, dumbed down after the event for us amateurs to enjoy......

Best bike accessory for me (besides the usual puncture repair kit, pump and bottle) would be a multi-tool.

I have one of these and its come in handy a few times.....

View attachment 154103

You dont have to splash out but you get what you pay for in most cases with tools.

Hope you have fun, i wish i could MTB in Canada. Essex just doesnt compare, although we do have an olympic track, dumbed down after the event for us amateurs to enjoy......

I saw those while looking, helmet and pump so far. Water bottle next and couple other things after I get the bike. :)

I am near a few ski hills which they do mountain biking if I wanted to go that way. :)

Nope no forget, got the bike in the car (barely), just hope to be able to raise the handlebars a bit. Water bottle holder on it already so just have to get a water bottle and he said maybe more air in the tires which are still like new. Did not get my air pump today though :(

It's been a long time so have to figure out to balance and bike again, I was shakey when I tested it.

Just got the pump delivered, after some tinkering I figured out how to tilt the seat and remove it which I may have to get a new seat as it is not comfortable at all, figured out how to raise handlebars. I am still stuck on how to lower the seat.

Figured the lowering of seat or raising it, got the new seat today, more comfortable but still not 100 percent. Still trying to get the adjustments right as the handlebars went crooked when I tried raising them more.

Also, I am out of practice as it has been a long time and it is an embarrassment, can't go 3 feet without wobbling and losing my balance at the moment but I need a wide long area to get the practice in.

I am a sad bear as I use to be a top biker and really experienced:( Way back I went 30-40 km's on bike tours, was able to get on curbs and everything, and really safe kind of thing.

Not going near any roadways, empty parking lot or trail at first.

Some really great places to ride in the UK.
And we have experts when it comes to finding the right seat.

View attachment 154258
"Britains most notorious bike-seat sniffer"

Makes it sound like there are a whole bunch of them, just that he is the worst. :laugh:

Some really great places to ride in the UK.
And we have experts when it comes to finding the right seat.

View attachment 154258
I was on that case - took us 2 seconds to determine his innocence.

And 5 seconds after that for him to presumably do what he does best: Keep on a sniffing.

Feel good as was able to keep my feet off the ground for longer and somewhat take turns on the bike. Mind you it is in a very confined space but very short practice already improving balance and stability. The 1 worry is that it is still too small of a bike since I am a tall guy.

And you even got a photo of you riding your bike.
View attachment 154351
Would never be seen riding something like that.

This is more like it.
4 wheels instead of 3, the extra traction is good both for breaking and sudden acceleration.
Pot to put things in, because you cant be holding things while out on the road.
Safety first.
And i dont know about you guys, but i live in a pretty rough neighbourhood, so i installed a chainguard so people wont steal my chain.
Some seem to think its to avoid my pants getting stuck in the chain, but have you ever seen Pooh wearing pants?
Also, wear pants, riding without pants is frowned upon.

22.jpg

Ordered the rest of the accessories, a water bottle, a bag to hold stuff, and had to get reflectors so I can actually legally be on the road if just after sunrise or near dark (not planning too but think by law you need them). I just tried to see if the camera would clip on the helmet but the clip is too small otherwise man it would of fit in one of the grooves perfectly. :/ It may clip on the chin strap or original plan of shirt/jacket.

Today, I feel good because..and well, an odd one
Cracked the noggin at Xmas right good, rough 4 months, frustrated as ef because of the concussion; memory loss, poor motor skills, emotions running 10X the normal
Was told, wait, be patiient, it'll sort itself or not.
Finally (finally), feeling, near there. Yeah, some minor upstairs issues, canrt recall as quickly, but, mostly there.
Feels like a 'click' (and what i've been told time and again, 'one day, suddenly, you wont have a concussion'
so...feeling good :)
ps, I;d never wish it on anyone and prior to my own, never much really understood it well; I've a friend or 2 never really came back from the other side and have persistent issues or brain damage, my brother's, barely a week.
It's different for everyone.
Have patience with ya friends break the egg :D

Today i feel good because it is just another day in the office. I have no problems right now and salary is just around the corner so i think it is a win win day today. Maybe i can go grab myself some food to make me feel good and i can really sleep soundly at night knowing that i have not much to worry about at this point in time as well. That is what makes my day and i am really glad to be chilling right now rather than being stressed out for a problem i cannot solve.

Ordered the rest of the accessories, a water bottle, a bag to hold stuff, and had to get reflectors so I can actually legally be on the road if just after sunrise or near dark (not planning too but think by law you need them). I just tried to see if the camera would clip on the helmet but the clip is too small otherwise man it would of fit in one of the grooves perfectly. :/ It may clip on the chin strap or original plan of shirt/jacket.
Went to my old school and childhood neighbourhood and forgot to bring the camera, DOH! Was going to try it out somehow. The first week of June I am off and I hope to go more and to other places.

Still waiting for the front and back reflectors though, and really need a bike rack for the car.

Went to my old school and childhood neighbourhood and forgot to bring the camera, DOH! Was going to try it out somehow. The first week of June I am off and I hope to go more and to other places.

Still waiting for the front and back reflectors though, and really need a bike rack for the car.
Tried the camera today, it has magnets so it stuck to the top of my handlebars so the angle is good, bad news is as there is a clip it rattles cause of the road vibration and also the video came out "wavey". So possible solutions like I could put music over the video. I will also try just clipping it to my shirt as well if I do the trail next week.

Tried the camera today, it has magnets so it stuck to the top of my handlebars so the angle is good, bad news is as there is a clip it rattles cause of the road vibration and also the video came out "wavey". So possible solutions like I could put music over the video. I will also try just clipping it to my shirt as well if I do the trail next week.
You could try something to dampen the rattle maybe? Some gasket-type sponge or similar? Old mouse mats are good for dampening brackets and such.

You could try something to dampen the rattle maybe? Some gasket-type sponge or similar? Old mouse mats are good for dampening brackets and such.
Ya, elastic band or maybe just a piece of tape actually. :) Just wanted to see if the angle was good and the magnets held over bumps which it has so far. Got my lights/reflectors as well so I can legally be on the road now if I am near sunrise/sunset, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back