The Day Has arrived for The UK

The Scots are always pissed-off. Think why. They've had their 2-day summer already on 14-15 June. They've got to sit in watching England, Wales and N.Ireland reaching the knockouts in the Euro football. And now they've have to listen to bug-eyes whining on for months about how unfair she thinks it all is.:D

Scotland's first minister is now calling for a second vote for Scotish independence. So it begins. I am not afraid to say that this whole situation scares me a bit. Traditionally political turmoil is usually followed with violence and with other EU countries now wanting to leave the EU the future of Europe is very uncertain. I am hoping no matter what happens with regards to the EU falling apart or not that the future will give those of us living in Europe stability although at this point in time I very much doubt that.

I have to think this whole situation could have been avoided if the powers that be (ie Merckel) made better decisions in the last few years that lead us down the path we are on today.

What will Europe look like with no EU, this is a very strong possibility now. Also I am concerned for my own country as Ireland does a lot of business with the UK and the vote could have devastating consequences for an already fragile Irish economy. Also there is a very large Irish community in the UK what will become of them?

Scotland's first minister is now calling for a second vote for Scotish independence. So it begins. I am not afraid to say that this whole situation scares me a bit. Traditionally political turmoil is usually followed with violence and with other EU countries now wanting to leave the EU the future of Europe is very uncertain. I am hoping no matter what happens with regards to the EU falling apart or not that the future will give those of us living in Europe stability although at this point in time I very much doubt that.

I have to think this whole situation could have been avoided if the powers that be (ie Merckel) made better decisions in the last few years that lead us down the path we are on today.

What will Europe look like with no EU, this is a very strong possibility now. Also I am concerned for my own country as Ireland does a lot of business with the UK and the vote could have devastating consequences for an already fragile Irish economy. Also there is a very large Irish community in the UK what will become of them?

My guess is that the biggest threat of violence should other EU Countries vote to leave will come from a dramatic rise in those asylum seekers and economic migrants desperately scrambling to get into Europe before entry closes and their right to remain stops. I suspect that over the next few years will see a massive rush to Europe.

The petulant child has left the Family.

All the best for your future.

Eh? The French are still in FFS.:confused::confused:

Isn't that a bit hypocritical considering you yodellers were never even in it?

My guess is that the biggest threat of violence should other EU Countries vote to leave will come from a dramatic rise in those asylum seekers and economic migrants desperately scrambling to get into Europe before entry closes and their right to remain stops. I suspect that over the next few years will see a massive rush to Europe.

Nobody can really tell what the future holds we can guess all we want but the recent past has shown us how wrong we can be. Since Immigration seems to be the driving force behind the wish for countries to leave the EU it could be possible that EU countries may impose stricter border controls in the very near future in order to appease the other European countries who now are making noises about wanting to leave the EU. I respect the wishes of the British people who democratically decided to leave the EU but am very concerned about what that means for the remaining EU countries; especially mine in the near future.

I do hope that Ireland will remain close with the UK with regards to trade as this benefits both our countries.

It just goes to show, the bookies don't always get it right! Odds were 9/1 for Brexit last night.

View attachment 68573

Wow, I mean they're all 8.5 / 10 for sheer pun-dom. So many strong contenders, but I love Latervia, and Finish for its simplicity ;)

I have to think that the Scot's are rather pissed off this morning ...

Don't know how many Scottish folks you've talked to today but I've been out and about this morning and the dozen or so that I've talked to aren't pissed, they're disappointed. The general concensus seems to be "thanks for that" to Cameron for creating a shit-storm he's now happy to stroll away from, and they're planning for the fallout as the effects of said shit-storm ripple through the UK.

No one seems particulary overjoyed with the idea of IndyRef2 but I think there's a general feeling that it just needs to be got on with in order to move things forward. Immigrants are not perceived as the great evil here -- at least not among the 30-something small business people and customers that I was talking to -- so that rhetoric isn't even part of the conversation. Ever.

My perception is that many Scots want to be free to do business and build a future with the EU. Since England has said "no" to that many are saying -- now more than ever I think -- that their future lies with Europe first and foremost.

Last edited:
I have to think that the Scot's are rather pissed off this morning since the main sticking point for Scotish vote to remain part of the UK was the EU. So I think there are many angry people this morning.

Don't know what will happen but it will take 2 years for UK to exit the EU and I think people are calling for a revote so everything is uncertain.

As far as Northern Ireland goes I have no idea what will happen there. What I fear the most is that this whole situation could erupt and unforeseen things might happen. I know that Gerry Adams will want to use this situation in order to try and get a unification for Ireland but there are many people in Northern Ireland who want to remain with the UK. I just hope no matter what happens that the transition goes peacefully. The British Pound took a beating this morning so I know there has to be some sweating with investors and such.

End times are here.

To be honest remaining in EU really had nothing to with the Scots vote to remain part of UK. The majority of Scots voted to remain in UK solely for the reason they wanted to remain in UK as they thought it was better for them.

According to Salmond at the time Scotland would still have been part of EU anyway.

Now we have to wait and see if Sturgeon gets her way in getting a second referendum which i dont think she will. Even if she manages to get one for her own personal agenda i still think Scotland would vote to stay in UK regardless of EU membership or not. Tho ive a feeling by time she had a chance to get another vote EU will be just about finished anyway.

Northern Ireland i feel will never join rest of Ireland regardless of EU membership or not. To many people still have the views that they belong to UK and wont change. Maybe ill find its different when i visit there in 2 weeks but doubt it.

Whatever happens tho this leaving EU will have a major affect on many lives.Whether its good or bad we will find out soon enough.

And he quit ... Really thought he wouldn't until the exit was done to avoid what is happening right now in the worldwide markets.....chaos.

lol Harry, sleep well!

Daft question time, much more important than this EU 'debate'

Why are the no 'thanks' or 'WTG' buttons in this section :p

That's very easy to remedy, Jon.

Simply navigate to that little 'star' symbol on my posts and press it. Go on, give it a try :eek::eek::eek:

Just don't do the one next to it. That's reserved for bad people only.

Don't know how many Scottish folks you've talked to today but I've been out and about this morning and the dozen or so that I've talked to aren't pissed, they're disappointed. The general concensus seems to be "thanks for that" to Cameron for creating a shit-storm he's now happy to stroll away from, and they're planning for the fallout as the effects of said shit-storm ripple through the UK.

No one seems particulary overjoyed with the idea of IndyRef2 but I think there's a general feeling that it just needs to got on with in order to move things forward. Immigrants are not perceived as the great evil here -- at least not among the 30-something small business people and customers that I was talking to -- so that rhetoric isn't even part of the conversation. Ever.

My perception is that many Scots want to be free to do business and build a future with the EU. Since England has said "no" to that many are saying -- now more than ever I think -- that their future lies with Europe first and foremost.

I have a few Scot friends in Ireland and yes they are very disappointed. I just hope that everything will work out for the best for everybody in the end.

To be honest remaining in EU really had nothing to with the Scots vote to remain part of UK. The majority of Scots voted to remain in UK solely for the reason they wanted to remain in UK as they thought it was better for them.

According to Salmond at the time Scotland would still have been part of EU anyway.

Now we have to wait and see if Sturgeon gets her way in getting a second referendum which i dont think she will. Even if she manages to get one for her own personal agenda i still think Scotland would vote to stay in UK regardless of EU membership or not. Tho ive a feeling by time she had a chance to get another vote EU will be just about finished anyway.

Northern Ireland i feel will never join rest of Ireland regardless of EU membership or not. To many people still have the views that they belong to UK and wont change. Maybe ill find its different when i visit there in 2 weeks but doubt it.

Whatever happens tho this leaving EU will have a major affect on many lives.Whether its good or bad we will find out soon enough.

You could be right about Northern Ireland although I can see an independent Northern Ireland as not being part of Ireland or the UK. That is a possibility maybe years down the line.

A united Ireland is not economically viable in my opinion due to the fact that the Irish economy is in the crapper and possibly cannot afford a united Ireland even if it wanted it which I don't think it does.

As long as the border between North and South stay open as it is now I think things will be okay. Currently relations between North and South in Ireland are good and hopefully will remain that way.

I do dislike the politicians that are using this vote as an opportunity to sow discord in my opinion. Things will remain uncertain all round for some time to come I think.

View attachment 68577

Guess I'm just too generous :oops:

Haha that's brilliant. I'm getting sick of these groupies and sycophants :eek:

Tried to reciprocate but the same thing came up. My mamma's always telling me to make more friends :eek::eek:

I gave one to Dunover earlier for his florid tales and humorous tone (rep points that is!)

Makes a change from the daily Rhino violations I suppose

Haha that's brilliant. I'm getting sick of these groupies and sycophants :eek:

Tried to reciprocate but the same thing came up. My mamma's always telling me to make more friends :eek::eek:

I gave one to Dunover earlier for his florid tales and humorous tone (rep points that is!)

Makes a change from the daily Rhino vioations I suppose

I thought you pressed that star when you have had a wild line on DOA :p

I thought you pressed that star when you have had a wild line on DOA :p

Yeah it took me a while to even realize it was there. Always a useful tool for these type of occasions.

But hey, I guess in your case there should be a lighthouse icon, say if you want to illuminate a finer point. Or even a camera icon for a quick screen grab (sorry, had to)

Some odd comments from my side:

- Share market --> 5 Trillion $ in value destroyed in a few hours
- Cameron steps down --> although he promised to stay on even when the vote is "leave"
- Farage already denying that the GBP350Mio weekly contribution to the EU will now go to the NHS --> one of the main campaign "promises/slogans" slashed in the first hour
- Trump welcoming the Brexit .... while in Scotland :rolleyes:
- All big "leave" supporters now say: "There is no rush to hand in the formal resignation letter" --> so what do you want? IN or OUT?? :confused:
- Thinking that all will be better now --> not even the best fortune teller would be able to confirm that

Maybe all migrants/immigrants leaving the UK for 1 month would make it clear what would be without them :thumbsup:

Last edited:
U.K. Stocks close down 3.2% on the day but are higher now than the start of the week!!
In fact UK stocks dip only by the same amount as the US. So perhaps not as bad for us as the doomsayers thought.

Interesting though is EU stocks, Germany down 7%, France down 8%, Spain down 12%.
Looks like the markets are more concerned about the future of the EU than they are for the future of the U.K.

U.K. Stocks close down 3.2% on the day but are higher now than the start of the week!!
In fact UK stocks dip only by the same amount as the US. So perhaps not as bad for us as the doomsayers thought.

Interesting though is EU stocks, Germany down 7%, France down 8%, Spain down 12%.
Looks like the markets are more concerned about the future of the EU than they are for the future of the U.K.

It's still very early days yet. We ought to wait and see what is going to happen. Nobody wants an unstable Europe and I am sure that includes the British people. Instability hurts everybody. I am not a huge fan of the EU but I do see it's benefits although I would have preferred if it stayed as just a common market and not what it has become today. Each country should have the right to control their own borders. The migration issue and all the mess surrounding that certainly contributed to the Brexit vote.

I think the markets are going to be fluctuating like mad in the next few weeks. Also it is quite possible that many multinational companies and international banks might move their headquarters outside of London and go elsewhere which would be devastating to the British economy due to the job loss. I guess it all depends on what the UK government negotiates with the EU in the coming months before it triggers Article 50 of the EU Treaty.

Having said that the out vote was won by a 4% majority which is not that big so there is a division among the British people. Hopefully that will be resolved in everybody's best interest.

Fortunately, there are also many Britons with compassion and a clear head that will not allow a wave of xenophobia and racism to threaten the lives and wellbeing of all those living in the UK. Their protest at Edinburgh today shows their solidarity with all migrants and defiance in the face of racism.

Fortunately, there are also many Britons with compassion and a clear head that will not allow a wave of xenophobia and racism to threaten the lives and wellbeing of all those living in the UK. Their protest at Edinburgh today shows their solidarity with all migrants and defiance in the face of racism.
I do not see it being about racism or xenophobia at all. There may be a small element of folk who voted out for those reasons. It is about leaving an un-elected elite organisation that had too much control of our decision making and where seeking to control even more. It was about democracy for me.
The Euro zone know that it is possible that their gravy train could be shuddering to a halt and a lot of Countries getting off

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back