The Day Has arrived for The UK

U.K. Stocks close down 3.2% on the day but are higher now than the start of the week!!
In fact UK stocks dip only by the same amount as the US. So perhaps not as bad for us as the doomsayers thought.

Interesting though is EU stocks, Germany down 7%, France down 8%, Spain down 12%.
Looks like the markets are more concerned about the future of the EU than they are for the future of the U.K.

Not so bad for you eh??? :confused:

But over 6 Billion people are feeling the damage because 16 Million British felt they need to leave the EU :rolleyes:

Capture 550.PNGCapture 551.jpg

Capture 552.jpgCapture 553.PNG

Source: Reuters

Well doesn't that tell you a truth Harry? Something is wrong with a system of commerce and trade if David farts and Goliath falls over. Can hardly blame little ol' David if Goliath has shrivelled balls, can you?

Voted Leave on my way to work yesterday.

The polling station was busy, which you never see and certainly not to the extent that there are queues in the morning.

Ordinarily it's quite relaxed but yesterday it felt like people meant business and boy did they.

22:00 onwards there was discussion of on the day polls showing a small lead for remain.

Then Newcastle, my home town which was expected to favour remain did, but by a tiny margin.

The results came in slowly but the pattern started to emerge - remain just didn't have enough support.

BBC called it at 04:40 but we'd known for an hour before that it was game over for remain.

I usually watch these things and NEVER get the outcome I want so i was elated. The sun was rising as it became clear we'd won. It was a spectacular moment.

I have absolutely no problem with any of the people of Europe but I strongly resent the EU and it's undemocratic ways. I thought the remain campaign was entirely negative - didn't offer any explanation at all as to what is so good about the EU, just threatened, patronised and bullied people to side with them.

People saw through it.

Today, remain supporters have been upset and very nasty on social networking, probably in person too but i've not seen anyone.

I suspect other nations in the EU will demand a vote now and probably be denied for a long time. But the days of the EU are numbered and this is the catalyst for it to die.

Well doesn't that tell you a truth Harry? Something is wrong with a system of commerce and trade if David farts and Goliath falls over. Can hardly blame little ol' David if Goliath has shrivelled balls, can you?

GB is not a David by all means :eek: ... The stock market value that vanished today equals appr. your GDP, so that is not David.

So why delaying to invoke Article 50??? To cause more damage??? :confused::confused:

You voted to leave, so start the process now and immediately.....what is there to wait until you have a new PM? You wanted out so desperately, so get out!

Farage already stepped back from one big promise of the campaign, just give it some more time and more and more of what was promised will disappear or will get conveniently forgotten. :rolleyes:

So why delaying to invoke Article 50??? To cause more damage??? :confused::confused:

You voted to leave, so start the process now and immediately.....what is there to wait until you have a new PM? You wanted out so desperately, so get out!

I'd tend to agree we should get on with it.

Here's the thing - Cameron is going, the government does not have a mandate to negotiate brexit.

They were on the losing side and have effectively been given a vote of no confidence by the nation.

Corbyn may or may not be gone very soon, as leader of the opposition, that's another factor we have to take into account.

If it was up to me, Cameron would have left Downing St today, calling a snap election. The parties would have to quickly pick their new leaders, create a mandate and campaign.

That's all a bit quick, so maybe a couple of months to do all these things ahead of an election.

There is a two year time limit from submitting article 50 notification to leaving. So it makes sense to wait until we have a government with a mandate to do the negotiation rather than losing months with an untenable government and PM.

I'd tend to agree we should get on with it.

Here's the thing - Cameron is going, the government does not have a mandate to negotiate brexit.

They were on the losing side and have effectively been given a vote of no confidence by the nation.

Corbyn may or may not be gone very soon, as leader of the opposition, that's another factor we have to take into account.

If it was up to me, Cameron would have left Downing St today, calling a snap election. The parties would have to quickly pick their new leaders, create a mandate and campaign.

That's all a bit quick, so maybe a couple of months to do all these things ahead of an election.

**There is a two year time limit from submitting article 50 notification to leaving. So it makes sense to wait until we have a government with a mandate to do the negotiation rather than losing months with an untenable government and PM.

With all due respect, but that is only an excuse.

You could invoke Article 50 as early as next week. I am sure you will find enough suited and qualified candidates to fill up the negotiation committee. Only a small part will be politicians anyway, most will be lawyers, industry leaders etc. etc.

**The time limit can be extended if all 27 member states agree, so that doesn't count as a reason either. And you will probably need 4-5 years until all is done, so you think it would be right to wait 3 years and hold the rest of the EU/world at ransom until the British feel ready??? :confused:

As i said, you voted LEAVE, so on your horses please :D

You could invoke Article 50 as early as next week. I am sure you will find enough suited and qualified candidates to fill up the negotiation committee. Only a small part will be politicians anyway, most will be lawyers, industry leaders etc. etc.

**The time limit can be extended if all 27 member states agree, so that doesn't count as a reason either. And you will probably need 4-5 years until all is done, so you think it would be right to wait 3 years and hold the rest of the EU/world at ransom until the British feel ready??? :confused:

If I was in charge, it would already have been done!

What i'm saying is i'm trying to understand the thinking of our current leaders.

Of course, they were against it so are probably just looking for a way to ignore us but my thining is that this is the reason.

You can't make demands of the people now, this is entirely out of our hands.

If I was in charge, it would already have been done!

What i'm saying is i'm trying to understand the thinking of our current leaders.

Of course, they were against it so are probably just looking for a way to ignore us but my thining is that this is the reason.

You can't make demands of the people now, this is entirely out of our hands.

You voted, so it is in your and your hands alone.

That your leaders, who promised that they will follow the will of the people/voters, now step down and are using delaying tactics to invoke Article 50, in my view the only reason being to improve the negotiation outlook/position, is an affront to the EU and all its people, all 425Mio in now 27 countries.

You voted, so it is in your and your hands alone.

That your leaders, who promised that they will follow the will of the people/voters, now step down and are using delaying tactics to invoke Article 50, in my view the only reason being to improve the negotiation outlook/position, is an affront to the EU and all its people, all 425Mio in now 27 countries.

OK, so I proclaim Article 50 is invoked. Done.

Now what?

What is it you expect people to do?

I'll bet it's going to be even longer, around a decade or so. The complexity of the EU law, and its implications to UK law over the course of about 40 years, is a big task to sort out. Tremendous one. After giving their Article 50 notification to the EU, UK will basicly hand over the decision making power to other EU member states. The power really shifts from UK in this regard. UK might not get the terms of exit they want.

It will be an interesting process to watch for sure.

I'll bet it's going to be even longer, around a decade or so. The complexity of the EU law, and its implications to UK law over the course of about 40 years, is a big task to sort out. Tremendous one. After giving their Article 50 notification to the EU, UK will basicly hand over the decision making power to other EU member states. The power really shifts from UK in this regard. UK might not get the terms of exit they want.

So you think UK law is sooooo simple? May i remind you that many EU laws were only possible with an unanimous vote by all member states, hence also your MEP's. So please stop pushing all the "negatives" to the EU.

So UK will hold the rest of the EU ransom until they get the terms they want?

So you want out but only on your terms or on such that suit you?

Are you for real? You wanted out, now invoke Article 50 and bear the consequences. :rolleyes:

The whole idea really is terrifying not just economically which will be disastrous because trading will collapse as stated already but what about the domino effect it's going to have all over Europe I can see the entire UK splitting if this can happen anything can.
There's already been talks of N'n Ireland leaving the UK as well as Scotland...Yes we were basically in a nanny state whilst in the EU with no say over anything but Boris Johnson as Prime minister gives me the shivers.
I just feel as though everything has weakened now if I thought it would be for the greater good I'd be all for this but I'm just seeing serious repercussions as a result.
I guess we'll just need to make do with this new situation somehow however horrendous it turns out to be for everybody concerned. By what I've heard on the news if we go into a recession again there's zero safety net we're screwed....

So you think UK law is sooooo simple? May i remind you that many EU laws were only possible with an unanimous vote by all member states, hence also your MEP's. So please stop pushing all the "negatives" to the EU.

So UK will hold the rest of the EU ransom until they get the terms they want?

So you want out but only on your terms or on such that suit you?

Are you for real? You wanted out, now invoke Article 50 and bear the consequences. :rolleyes:

I don't know Harry, I'm not from the UK and I'm actually pro-EU. Perhaps you misread what I was saying.

What I tried to get across, is that EU and UK laws are very much intertwined, and sorting out what UK wants and what they want to get rid of, is a big task. And UK is not driving the negotiations of the exit, the other EU members are.

So to answer your questions: Yes, I'm for real. And would have loved to see UK remain in the EU.:D

I am not sure the time table you are suggesting will happen. Some of the EU leaders are calling for Article 50 be triggered sooner rather than later. Next weeks summit will be held without the UK present for the most part. The EU will not want or does it need a long exit from the EU for the UK. They will want it to start pretty soon in order to maintain stability within the remaining EU nations.

On a side note it is interesting to see all the interviews on the various news networks on the reasons some people chose to vote to leave. 95% or so are people stating that the reason they voted is because immigrants are taking over or other such nonsense. I think many of those people are not going to get the result they want. Many immigrants in the UK will be allowed to stay so that won't make them happy.

The next couple of years are going to be very messy indeed.

I don't know Harry, I'm not from the UK and I'm actually pro-EU. Perhaps you misread what I was saying.

What I tried to get across, is that EU and UK laws are very much intertwined, and sorting out what UK wants and what they want to get rid of, is a big task. And UK is not driving the negotiations of the exit, the other EU members are.

So to answer your questions: Yes, I'm for real. And would have loved to see UK remain in the EU.:D

LOL... sorry, my energy is getting the better of me.

Agree of course, it will take years to adapt the laws to "just UK"

I was sure they will remain in the EU and would have liked for them to stay. What i was referring to is the delay they start now to put on.

It has been 3 years since Cameron threw the word "referendum" the first time into the open. Ever since a lot has been on hold, waiting for an outcome and now he pushes all back until October. What is there to wait? You wanted independence, now take it and be happy.

Personally, i chose independence nearly 10 years ago and left Europe. Result is that i do not have a safety net now and have to fend for myself on each occasion. Overall, i am a happier person though but i certainly did not make 100 people (speak EU) around me wait until i cherry pick what i want to take with me on departure.

The whole idea really is terrifying not just economically which will be disastrous because trading will collapse as stated already but what about the domino effect it's going to have all over Europe I can see the entire UK splitting if this can happen anything can.
There's already been talks of N'n Ireland leaving the UK as well as Scotland...Yes we were basically in a nanny state whilst in the EU with no say over anything but Boris Johnson as Prime minister gives me the shivers.
I just feel as though everything has weakened now if I thought it would be for the greater good I'd be all for this but I'm just seeing serious repercussions as a result.
I guess we'll just need to make do with this new situation somehow however horrendous it turns out to be for everybody concerned. By what I've heard on the news if we go into a recession again there's zero safety net we're screwed....

One answer for that Dave, if Scotland calls for another referendum to leave the UK vote leave so Scotland can remain in the EU.

LOL... sorry, my energy is getting the better of me.

Agree of course, it will take years to adapt the laws to "just UK"

I was sure they will remain in the EU and would have liked for them to stay. What i was referring to is the delay they start now to put on.

It has been 3 years since Cameron threw the word "referendum" the first time into the open. Ever since a lot has been on hold, waiting for an outcome and now he pushes all back until October. What is there to wait? You wanted independence, now take it and be happy.

Personally, i chose independence nearly 10 years ago and left Europe. Result is that i do not have a safety net now and have to fend for myself on each occasion. Overall, i am a happier person though but i certainly did not make 100 people (speak EU) around me wait until i cherry pick what i want to take with me on departure.

No worries Harry. I agree with your statement, that since they want out, they should do so without unnecessary delays. Just send in the notification and start the process.

One answer for that Dave, if Scotland calls for another referendum to leave the UK vote leave so Scotland can remain in the EU.

Think I'll need to because contrary to popular belief we do need Europe for dozens of reasons a few which I mentioned before. This is nothing against England or English people which I am friends with and get on with better than some people I know in real life. It's due to the way the country is being governed the people in power at Westminster are getting more abysmal by the second, it's a complete mess and now even worse. It's almost non optional to bail now. My vote along with everyone else in Scotland's was disregarded,overruled by the majority down south. Might as well just have asked England to vote and leave everyone else to sit back and watch.

Think I'll need to because contrary to popular belief we do need Europe for dozens of reasons a few which I mentioned before. This is nothing against England or English people which I am friends with and get on with better than some people I know in real life. It's due to the way the country is being governed the people in power at Westminster are getting more abysmal by the second, it's a complete mess and now even worse. It's almost non optional to bail now. My vote along with everyone else in Scotland's was disregarded,overruled by the majority down south. Might as well just have asked England to vote and leave everyone else to sit back and watch.

As I said in a previous post this situation is very messy. I do hope that if Scotland does decide to call for another referendum it does it at the right time and independence is achieved. This vote has divided the UK as far as I can see and can have far reaching consequences and a real possibility of the break up of the United Kingdom.

I just had a stunning thought.

Does this mean that (gulp)....the UK will no longer be able to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest?

No worries there! UK may be out of the EU but it is still part of Europe so they will be able to participate in the Eurovision:p

No worries there! UK may be out of the EU but it is still part of Europe so they will be able to participate in the Eurovision:p

Phew. Now we can really punish the rest of Europe with our tone-deaf compositions to show them what they're missing!! :cool:

Doesn't work like that. Scotland are technically out of the EU and would have to re-join UNLESS they chose to leave the UK before the transitional period was up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back