Your Fur Babies 2020

bit of a shit photo cuz I wasnt willing to get closer (if youre familiar with Canadian geese, it weighs as much as a dog, better than waist high, and they will f*ck you up lol)

anyway, it's been chilling last 3 days, side of road, on the road (I've a marsh)

20220428_132000.jpg

Last edited:
bit of a shit photo cuz I wasnt willing to get closer (if youre familiar with Canadian geese, it weighs as much as a dog, better than waist high, and they will f*ck you up lol)

anyway, it's been chilling last 3 days, side of road, on the road (I've a marsh)
gf.jpg
Added dog for size comparison.

a hahaha, well Xan outweighs him by a factor of 10, but the other one, who'd (and tried) go after it, be a vet visit :p
Never had the displeasure of meeting one myself, but they are weirdly aggressive birds.
Seen many instances like the one below where people try to avoid them but they are like 'how dare you walk on my sidewalk, puny human' and just go nuts.

Its like the bird version of Chihuahuas.

77.gif

View attachment 167271
When I lived near Evesham in the UK, I was under the flight path for migratory Canada Geese on their way to Slimbridge. From September to October you could hear the honking ages before the birds appeared, but when they did, it was a majestic sight as there was wave after wave of them darkening the skies. And then rinse and repeat during Spring.

I doubt these birds were actually from Canada - more likely from the Nordics. Even so, I loved seeing them.

Not writing about my pet, but one of dogs we had come to know and love from our regular morning and evening dog walks. Frankie a Romanian rescue who was my dog's best friend has been re-homed, to a family with four dogs, in a town 30 miles away, meaning we will never ever see him again :(

Really sad, as both myself and my dog had got to know him really well and my dog always used to love playing with him. In the past I have also taken him out, when his owner was away with work. He returned the favour and walked our dog, when we were all struck down with Covid.

Speaking to his owner at the end of last week on text, he confirmed the rumour I heard on my dog walks that Frankie had indeed been re-homed, with him saying: "He has gone to a place in Shepton Mallet. Family already has 4 dogs so he's happy as a pig in poo. Very upsetting when he went and I miss him every day, but no-one else in the house seems to, so I guess it's for the best."

Basically a case of his wife and kids not wanting him anymore and so as he couldn't do all the walking and looking after, they got him re-homed. I feel really sad. We would have taken him, but one is more than enough and would have been too much of a commitment.

Farewell Frankie 🥲

frankieandsnoop1.jpgsnoopfrankie2.jpeg

I...just had.......
three cruisers, lights (cop cars) at my house

WHY? ONE neighbour complained, becauase hes big

I opened the door, I'm like, in my undies, 'um, come in, idgaf'

I hold Xan, cuz, well, big
I ask, can I let him go?
Cuddles, hugs, every officer
They are like......uh, ya, hes a good dog
lol

I...just had.......

I ask, can I let him go?
lol

You're joking? Seriously...

Some people can be downright assholes. When we were still living in a bigger house with alot of outside space we had 5 dogs: 4 smaller ones and a bigger one being an American Stafford. Now "someone" complained, they weren't allowed to say who, but the cops showed up with a lady from social services because they were claiming we weren't taking good care of our pets.

Ended kind of the same as with you: 15 minutes after they arrived they already left, after petting all the dogs and not having a clue why exactly they were called. Until this day we still have no idea who complained but boy do I hope they were ripped a new one.

I...just had.......

I ask, can I let him go?
lol
That is ridiculous. In my experience it is the little dogs which have the attitude. Obviously your neighbour is not a dog person and is unable to read them.

That is ridiculous. In my experience it is the little dogs which have the attitude. Obviously your neighbour is not a dog person and is unable to read them.
If you have a problem - perceived or actual - with a neighbour's animals, why not speak to them directly about the animal? These neighbourhood tipsters can cause so much grief for the animal and its owner, all the while hiding behind their cloak of virtuous anonymity.

I despise them. Cowards.

Drives me bonkers.
I have a 'not nice' dog..I walk her on a tight leash. The kids know to not pet her.
0 issues.

Then, there's Xan, the great big St Bernard. Everyone stops and pets him. CARS stop to pet him. Neighbourhood kids stop to pet him. He's the gentlest soul of a dog you could possibly imagine.
HE has issues because he's big. Only like, a person or 2, and one is the next door neighbour who shares half a front yard...WHO DOES NOT leash their dog, ever, so I walk MINE around them, and keep him away.

I acommodate THEM every day, all summer. And I ALWAYS, as recent as of yesterday, say hi to their dog.

Some people, as someone said, are a**holes

4 yrs ago, I had a different neighbour. We were just moving in, big rent-a truck out front, so put the dogs in the yard so we could unload (10 foot fenced yard).
Her dog barked at my dog. My dog barked at her dog. Dogs bark. Noones fault
She comes over, knocks on my door, says' ya, this isnt going to work, you need to leave your dog inside'.

I'm llike, look lady, I've been here, less than an hr. I'd care if it wasnt also your dog barking. Get over it.

End of day, not...horribly, fussed. I know every neighbour. Cops came, Looked at the stupido, saw, im watching tv, dogs were inside, patted the dog, basically laughed and rolled their eyes. He even went out, and snuggled each cop.
But seriously..THREE squad cars as though he was some monstous vicious beast.

The new neighbours are going to hate it here.
One house, two over from them, has driveay parties the entire summer, loud music, tons of people over.
And he's the neighbourhood cop :p

I...I..my gods.
I JUST wiped my tv down.
My tv is on a floating shelf, so not on the floor, maybe 2 feet up add another 2 feet to top of screen. and he just shook his head.

goo.png

I have, what is, theoretically an alert dog, but really, a damned good guard dog.
If someone startled her, theyd probably (right or wrong) be missing 2 fingers.

And then, I have Xan the Saint Bernard

A broom fell over last week, he ran away.
A few days ago, a stick fell over, he broke his leash and ran away.
Earlier tonight, wind blew flowers over, he ran away.
Just now, he was sound asleep on the deck, i laid beside him to rub his belly, startled him, and he ran away.
Moral? I've a 150 lb puppy is a coward, and if someone breaks in and murders me in my sleep? He'll be two blocks away
😛

And then, I have Xan the Saint Bernard

A broom fell over last week, he ran away.
A few days ago, a stick fell over, he broke his leash and ran away.
Earlier tonight, wind blew flowers over, he ran away.
Just now, he was sound asleep on the deck, i laid beside him to rub his belly, startled him, and he ran away.
Moral? I've a 150 lb puppy is a coward, and if someone breaks in and murders me in my sleep? He'll be two blocks away
😛
Scooby Doo, the Second of his Name, by the sounds of things. Not that I'm calling Xan a coward, of course... :lolup:

The big bucket-head finally snapped his collar (I thought it was damned near indestructible). - gonna be a bastich finding one large enough.
an idea how big his head is , this was on the last hole and tight

20220517_165423.jpg
:eek2:

dead, sad, puppers
Hes been waking me at sunrise
He hears the kids going to school

He gets to play with them at lunch and after school
Thinks any itty bitties is play time...sad because, yeah, i aint walking him at 6am lol

20220526_092143.jpg20220526_093323.jpg

Freaking dog lol, I've been out of commission last couple days, cant barely move.
He wanted cuddles...and generally, he puts his paws up on the chair and I pet im and scratch him.
Well, the backpack was on the floor, and he's a HUGE bloody coward.
So he leaped over it onto my lap.
That's 150+ plus pounds landing on my lap.

Now today, because I havent been able to walk him 2 days, wants to play. Of course, it's the tug toy wrenches my back. :p

x1.jpg

x2.jpg

x3.jpg

Truth, probably worth a hospital visit for some reallllllllllllllllllllllly good pills but sucking it up with a few drinks :drink:

Freaking dog lol, I've been out of commission last couple days, cant barely move.
He wanted cuddles...and generally, he puts his paws up on the chair and I pet im and scratch him.
Well, the backpack was on the floor, and he's a HUGE bloody coward.
So he leaped over it onto my lap.
That's 150+ plus pounds landing on my lap.

Now today, because I havent been able to walk him 2 days, wants to play. Of course, it's the tug toy wrenches my back. :p

View attachment 168478

View attachment 168479

View attachment 168480

Truth, probably worth a hospital visit for some reallllllllllllllllllllllly good pills but sucking it up with a few drinks :drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back