Question What slot features do you hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread still going, says a lot about the slots we play.
I can add some new 2018 ones:

Wrap-around stake values, one click from minimum 10p stake takes you to the maximum £40 stake.

Slots forgetting last state, I only play this game on 20p why is it on £3.60 every time i load it up.

Slots timing out... need a piss? 2 mins to grab a brew? slot session will time out and need to be reloaded.

Predictable patterns (reactoonz specially) in a 'random' game surprising how often the same predictable quite obviously pre-scripted patterns with instability and charges occur over and over- can work both ways obvious pre-scripted win patterns exist too.

dumbass stake setups the game has 10p spin so why does it go 10p, 20p, 50p, £1?, where is 30p 40p 60p 70p 80p??.

Subtle pauses when the spin cascade is over (bonanza).

Progressive bonuses that tie up huge amounts of rtp over multiple 'meters' or 'charges' (vikings go berserk, Furballs)

Last edited:
Yes I've noticed the slightly longer pause on bonanza telling you the next drop is a loser.Wish I hadn't it's spoilt it a bit to be honest.

I hate different volatility of free spins (most of MG slots). Let's say IR: Troy and Micheal will give you something, Amber and Sarah will give you little or nothing.
Yesterday I again had zero in Coffee TFROL free spins....It would really be nice that all free spins are winning (like in some Play'N'Go slots)...this zero can be so frustrating...

Also...
I don't understand why there are no cash reward when you get retrigger in Game of Thrones free spins....and just triggering the free spins from base game is only 1x. And don't tell me that's because 2 scatters pay 1x,2x,3x or 50x.....

Last edited:
Oo - getting the bonus symbols on lines 1,2 and 3 and STILL not getting the bonus because not a pay line (Gonzo)

yeah ran into that only a few weeks ago on a accidental bet, had been playing 3 coin @ 2p (£1.20) but then later changed it to 1 coin @ 10p ( £2.00 ) then later clicked on max forgetting on 10p intending it to be the £2, the normal 5 coin @ 2p but was actually a £10 bet ! and of course it dropped in the 3 feature symbols on a non paying line, So I was gutted twice in the same spin!

Just had the misfortune of playing 'Lucky Wizard' at Betfair, and came away from that excursion most annoyed. Annoyed at how the designers of that game have made the heartstoppers so flipping slow that even when you think you've got that third scatter, it will seemingly stop but still have enough momentum to crawl out of shot.

Obviously implemented to get players to ooh and ahh up until they've lost a fair wedge on it. Terrible game design but it is the famous Red Tiger shtick I've heard so much about :mad:

I'll try to keep it not specific to any game, some of these have been mentioned before but...

1)free spins and features that pay exactly 0. Nothing like going 700 rounds to get spins/feature in a game where that's pretty much the only viable chance of winning significantly, only to get 20 spins of absolute ZERO.

2)pickme's where you always get with little to no exception, the shïttiest win possible

I'd also like for game information to be more detailed. What is the RTP, what is the probability of the maximum win, what is the probability of a feature etc. etc., is the game considered volatile or not

You mean like this.......WTF.png

Not what you want after 300 spins @ £4 a spin!

As for the more detailed info i would love that too but that's not gonna happen, as it would make it easier to deconstruct all the math for the slot which is normally a closely guarded secret.

You mean like this.......View attachment 88889

Not what you want after 300 spins @ £4 a spin!

As for the more detailed info i would love that too but that's not gonna happen, as it would make it easier to deconstruct all the math for the slot which is normally a closely guarded secret.
Used to love that game. Maybe not so much if that had happened to me though :cool:

For sure: 'No pay for 2 scatters'

Im a bit on the fence with 2 scatters getting paid, on one side I like getting a win for it ( helps with bankroll ) but the other side I know it is nibbling away the RTP % from larger wins and bonus rounds.....

I Don't mind any features, Just wish they would get stuffed with these 1p/2p lines. If i wanted 2p wins id bog off down to the seaside arcade and play on a coin dropper

i dislike the Blood Sucker , Diamond Dogs etc Bonus where you have to pick a box and
of course you collect a wimp

Microgaming software review
I really do not like the 3 pigs in Karate Pig when You get the bonus,I hate them,everytime I get them my mood is dropping to the lowest level

And I play Karate Pig every monday

a game from Microgaming,Quickfire

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, basically I hate when you need to get something special to trigger feature (not regular 3 scatters). Or when scatters appears only on specific reels. Just hate it, lol I even not sure why, just for me much more easier when scatters appears on all reels, you need 3 to trigger feature.

Stacked reels. I love stacked reels, but despise them when used on low- paying shite. It's a waste. Big blocks should mean good things.

So take something like Kronos for example. Hard as anything to get anything to line up, so it's relatively placed in the right game.

Not so with say, Spinata Grande. Why have them there if the game is pants and the wins negligible with overused stacks. That's one game that can just go f

Last edited:
I absolutely hate Play and Go's "Looks like you prefer to play faster, would you like to enable blah bla blah" NO! I only stop spin when there is no win in sight or I feel like it I don't want to spin fast all the time, so stop the annoying pop-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back