Question What slot features do you hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I'm about 6-7 chips from my 4th-5th bonus but busted out hence this post :D
Yes seriously!.. people like you make me sick haha!.. what is the bonus in this game?.. I've no idea as can't get anywhere near it haha

Yes seriously!.. people like you make me sick haha!.. what is the bonus in this game?.. I've no idea as can't get anywhere near it haha

Megastacked wilds at x2 multiplier and you can get up to 30 non re-triggerable free spins. But the wilds make it lucrative. Usually it's me who can't get the bonus round. Try double clicking to collect the chips for a while then letting it find them itself...worked for me :thumbsup:

- Not being able to skip a coin count up
- 4 or 5 scatters that don't pay
- Random wild reels that only reveal left to right
- Bet increments that practically double (or worse) when you try to increase your bet.
- Constant wins paying a fraction of your bet (just scrap 'em and make the top pays bigger!)
- Reels that spin too slowly (ie Dead or Alive)
- Reel strips that show symbols that don't exist on that reel (ie: Hitman and most RTG slots)
- Sequential bonus rounds where you have no say (Avalon II)
- Wilds that expand when there is no winning combo
- Slots depicting old men wearing loud shirts and drinking beer
- Symbols that land with a slight bounce and make you seasick
- Bet increments that practically double (or worse) when you try to increase your bet.
- Constant wins paying a fraction of your bet (just scrap 'em and make the top pays bigger!)
- Reel strips that show symbols that don't exist on that reel (ie: Hitman and most RTG slots)

you have hit a lot of nails on the head there mate definitely strikes a chord.One of the worst features for me is red roo so often 30 or 40 spins X10 win awful

No biggest personal pet hate is getting a bonus, winning exactly zero and the game still has to rub it in by going through the usual fanfare of 'you have won! ... etc, etc" with a big fat zero in bold on screen!!! :mad: Oh, and the tacky, tinny and annoying music on some of them i.e. Bonanza!

No one mentioned White Wabbit's ass rings yet? They're terrible.....I've yet to see anything from them. Rarely will you see them on the first two reels, but generally reel three where they will STACK, or another popular manoeuvre is when they land on the last reel in the upper corner. How's that for random :mad:

I agree with Cool Buck, it's an awful game with an execrable bonus, that you think you can win on even with 30 saved spins. You won't.

Stuff like Fruit Warp which gives you ample 3OAKs except when it comes to the bonus, where you'll end up with 2x :eek2:

And I know for a fact that scatters come out in droves when close to busting, almost like a retention tool designed to keep you playing. Games it happens on without fail:

Bonanza

DOA

Hi Roseyetta I get your frustration with the spin till you win on birds on a wire but it's a game I stick with because it has potential and as with most games I play I get an instant feel if the games hot or not.Obviously I am not always right but going with my gut feeling is usually pays off.As for birds on a wire It's definitely in my top 5 ever.Once had no win then the spin till you win dropped £192 on 50p spin(I never spin more).My other top games are Big Bad Wolf.Jungle Spirit(40p).Gonzo's Quest(40p)and bonanza(40p).I have seen a few negatives on bonanza and I understand why the feature can take an age to trigger then pay you nothing.Its also hard to win big in the base game but the way I play online is I rarely stake more than £10 on any game unless it does something out of the 'ordinary' as I call it ie it drops a big win straight in or it is giving me a lot of play without affecting my balance much.I think sitting on 1 game(that seems dead)relentlessly feeding it money is a recipe for disaster.I am not saying this is set in stone or telling anyone how to play(I mean play the way you enjoy most)Merely saying what works best for me sorry it's a bit long winded but I am looking for feedback with other people's ideas

The near miss respin feature for a bonus. Just another add on to make you think the next near miss must drop it in but most times it's just another near miss.
Just drop the bonus or move on.
Congratulations you won Zero, well thanks for rubbing it in. Thinking about it I'd prefer if they rubbed it in properly and a massive HAHAHA you won zero popped up on the screen

There are quite a few to be honest that leave you thinking why do I even bother with that game.I don't expect to hit big every time that's not going to happen but when you have hit around 30 features on a slot and 95% of them pay around x15 you have to question is it worth playing for this reason Gnome wood has to be one of the worst.

Koi princess annoys me with its nudge for bonus or the fish coming out. If you’re giving me a bonus, just give it. Many a fit of rage has ensued on big bets :mad::oops:

Any bonus as well that had ‘coin win’
Yes that 1 annoys me too that's why I don't play it nowadays.I would say the worst feature is snow leopard but I can't back that up because I've never triggered it but has to be one of the worst games out there.

Yes, many bad ones are released, but Jungle spirit I like.
I find jungle spirit a good slot the bonus comes up fairly frequently and though it can pay low I have had plenty of hits between x100 and x600.Always wonder if which animal you choose makes a difference to the outcome or if it's predetermined and just juggles the wins to equal the same amount.

I find jungle spirit a good slot the bonus comes up fairly frequently and though it can pay low I have had plenty of hits between x100 and x600.Always wonder if which animal you choose makes a difference to the outcome or if it's predetermined and just juggles the wins to equal the same amount.

I fear it may be just that. Especially for those times you get 14 duff spins and happen to get that 100x on the last one. That aspect is certainly scripted :cool:

I fear it may be just that. Especially for those times you get 14 duff spins and happen to get that 100x on the last one. That aspect is certainly scripted :cool:
Yeah I was playing the other day got down to my last £5 hit the bonus and I pretty much always go bears(down the middle)unless my gut feeling is the game is hot then I go tigers like I said probably makes no difference.Anyway first spin expanding bear(probably ate to much fish)on reels1,2,3and 4 heart in mouth time completely missed on 5 but £256(40p stake)but the other 11 spins totalled £4 not complaining though still nice.

This may not be limited to one slot as such, but I really hate -and am seeing with alarming regularity- the 'laggy' spins whenever a winning spin is made. You watch the reels and if the result is instant and seamless= losing spin. Slight delay to the proceedings= winning spin.

Really off-putting and immersion-breaking, considering it happens with the same game but not on all sites. This is why I can only play DOA at one site where it has consistent gameplay.

And trust me, it has nothing to do with my ISP, cookies or cache so you can forget that! :cool:

This may not be limited to one slot as such, but I really hate -and am seeing with alarming regularity- the 'laggy' spins whenever a winning spin is made. You watch the reels and if the result is instant and seamless= losing spin. Slight delay to the proceedings= winning spin.

Really off-putting and immersion-breaking, considering it happens with the same game but not on all sites. This is why I can only play DOA at one site where it has consistent gameplay.

And trust me, it has nothing to do with my ISP, cookies or cache so you can forget that! :cool:
1 of the worst although a favourite of mine is bbw.l have only retriggered it a handful of times and got to the 3rd house all wins x 2 with 10 to 14 spins left(massive potential)only for it to go go into death mode and kill all those spins every time for less than £10 so annoying.

...I was thinking about slot features that I hate ... Getting an expandable wild, and it makes a big hullabaloo with bells and whistles, and there is no win...

Hahaha, definitely the expanding wilds with much noise but no pay ! Those are horrible ideas ! They should only expand and make some noise when there is a winning combo that matches this / these expanding wild(s) !
Besides that, personally I do not like features where the player is put to spin a wheel which does not represent the real odds of hitting the jackpot / biggest win like in Snow Business (although the game is nice) or Mega Moolah.

Probably been mentioned loads of times so apologies for sounding like a parrot -

Getting three scatters in view, but then you've got to pick a symbol to get the feature or a small cash booby-prize. Any game that does this is instantly not as good as one that doesn't. If you can't afford to pay a feature every time for 3 scatters just push the hit rate back a bit and remove the extra selection! Really boils my piss.

Probably been mentioned loads of times so apologies for sounding like a parrot -

Getting three scatters in view, but then you've got to pick a symbol to get the feature or a small cash booby-prize. Any game that does this is instantly not as good as one that doesn't. If you can't afford to pay a feature every time for 3 scatters just push the hit rate back a bit and remove the extra selection! Really boils my piss.
Yeah I am convinced that's why so many games trigger 3 or 4 bonuses quite close together that pay sod all.Its to make you think you have a chance.The truth is it just masks the amount of spins you have to wait for in reality for a decent feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back