World Cup 2022 FIFA 2022 World Cup (Qatar) - Who will be the Winner?

World Cup 2022

Who will be the FIFA 2022 World Cup Winner?

• Argentina

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Belguium

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Brazil

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Cameroon

• Canada

• Costa Rica

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Croatia

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Denmark

• Ecuador

• England

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • France

• Germany

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ghana

• Iran

• Japan

• Mexico

• Morocco

• Netherlands

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Poland

• Portugal

• Qatar

• Saudi Arabia

• Senegal

• Serbia

• South Korea

• Spain

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Switzerland

• Tunisia

• USA

• Uruguay

• Wales

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been some decent games, no doubt but shame there's no swashbuckling side. Disappeared down the rabbit hole when watching Brazil the other day and said on a few times: he's 58 now! (Bebeto) or, 'i forgot he's a politician' (Romario).

Still remember '98 when Brazil v Scotland was on: the teachers had a TV wheeled out outside the hall during a GCSE R.E exam and the roar when Collins equalised. Pretty sure that's what put me off and made me get an equally impressive E, or something, in it.

The sigh when Boyd became a Brazilian citizen for the winner was equally as impressive (and in hindsight, unprofessional :p)

Yes, I'd say it's been a surprisingly solid tournament but far from vintage, albeit many a WC has had its dreary group games. On that front it's been pretty surprising, with shocks aplenty.

But as for 'The One', there hasn't been any standout, cavalier teams, like say Brazil '94. Or '02. Or just Brazil. Even Brazil haven't been overly Brazil :p

France look ok, as do Holland, for sort of entertainment. I do suspect there'll be some cracking games Quarters onwards however. I just feel it in my bones!

And Japan an outside bet?.....

Seriously, someone call the nurse for these two. They've been peddling that shite for 25 years now, if you let them, they'll do it another 25

muppets-muppet-show.gif

Seriously, someone call the nurse for these two. They've been peddling that shite for 25 years now, if you let them, they'll do it another 25

muppets-muppet-show.gif
Now THERE'S a double act I can REALLY get behind.

Waldorf is me with a moustache. And Statler is me when I go bald but somehow end up with bigger eyebrows than Denis Healey.

So all they are talking about is Oooom-Bappy, a piece of piss for our notable cheetah MacGuire. :lolup:

I predicted QF exit for England before it started and I still do alas. The reason being that we cannot avoid the 'good' countries in the draw at QF stage like we did in the last two tournaments.

And I have to agree with @goatwack - I am so fucking pukingly emetically sick of that shite-sound 'It's coming home' song that I'd even be glad when we're out so it doesn't perpetuate the moronic singing of said bilge, if I never hear it again it'll be too soon.

The terrible tripe got it's name for ONE specific tourney - Euro '96 when football (an English invention) came 'home' to England as the tourney was hosted there. So hence 'it's coming home'. It was not about a trophy 'coming home' and never was. Some hope, kind a like a 20,000x on Bonanza. If I see Yasser Arafat and Frank Skinner's ugly mugs ever again I am going to add them to A*t & D*c on my psychotic hate list.

Now I hate soccer songs. The average knuckle-dragging, brawling and bottle & chair-throwing England fan is not expected to remember more than 3 words or 6 syllables. So we get complex lyrics like 'It's coming home' (3 words) which morphs into 'football's coming home' (which admirably most England fans have now got the hang of, the alternating prefix word!)

Other classics include 'Here we go, here we go' (repeated) 3 simple words, nice and easy. Then Fat Les 'la-la-la' (same word 3 times but sung in 3 different notes in a crescendo so just about memorable to them.) The infinitely superior 'World in Motion' by New Order is largely forgotten because of the technical complexity of the lyrics 'Love's got the world in motion and I can't believe it's true' (far too long-winded for the beer monsters) although they did try to accomodate their intellects with an easy chorus 'We're singing for England, Eng-er-lund' which alas breached the 3-word barrier by using 4 words before the 3-syllable 'Eng-er-lund'. So fell by the smashed-glass wayside.

The Scots must be a bit more educated because in the mists of history when they used to qualify for WC's I recall BA Robertson's (pretty good) song 'I have a dream' which is 4 words, thus Scots fans must be 33.3% brighter than English ones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back