Resolved Debit card transactions missing at Videoslots

Reelsoffun

When it comes to gambling, timing is everything.
Hi All,

Has anyone ever had a UK debit card transaction not credit straight away at Videoslots ?

I must have done a few hundred in the last 2 years and its always been instant, but couple of days ago i made a deposit, seemed to go through as normal but no funds, looking at the account history clearly not there so I tried again exactly the same?

So i tried once more on a slightly higher amount, both well above the min before people ask, and worked fine.

This is where it gets strange.....

Made several more all fine, then when i check my bank the two original amounts are showing as pending, thinking they will just stay there and then drop off due to the transactions not completing I wasnt too bothered.

However this morning ALL the debits went out my bank including the "two" that didnt credit.

So on to live chat as they usually helpful, and told me they cant see the transactions at all and started to want to list them.

I explained the ones they can see are not in question and they told me to get a transaction ID from the bank for them.

Ok so do that after 15 mins on the phone to bank on a Saturday, then go back to chat then they want a pic of the bank showing these "two transactions" have indeed gone.
So i do that as well, then they say they will have to go to payments team to see what happened, and they do work weekends.

Just had an email saying that if the funds dont appear in my account within the next two days to contact them again to start the investigation again? I mean what? come on thats a tad weak on the customer service front? Basically as i re made the intended deposits they have got these two amounts out my bank.

Anyway just wanted to know if anyone using a UK debit card has had this at VS before as it sounds a tad iffy to mean even though i trust the site, the fact there is no log of them either is a tad worrying.

I mean it is a significant amount were talking about, over 500 altogether etc were not talking £10 deposits here, am I being too impatient? I just feel 2 more days are going to pass and its not just going to appear in my account meaning I will have to start all this process again. It just as well im not short of funds, some people may have hit issues with a big chunk of cash disappearing out their bank unexpectedly!!

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
It ever happened to me at Videoslots but did somewhere else. I got live chat to confirm they didn't receive the money and did a chargeback. Initially the bank were a bit funny but I just showed them the screenshot of the chat and I got the money back in 10 minutes.

snorky510238

Chief glockenspiel maker
I had something similar a couple of times but as I only deposit £15 a time I wasn’t so bothered. If I remember right the first transaction was pending but never went through. I can’t be sure but I do know I didn’t lose out otherwise I would remember.

What I have done and also saw another thread where this happened, is deposit with the wrong cvv number a couple of times and it still went through. Then the other week I deposited and pressed go and at the same moment realised I hadn’t even entered the cvv number and it still went through!!!

Reelsoffun

It ever happened to me at Videoslots but did somewhere else. I got live chat to confirm they didn't receive the money and did a chargeback. Initially the bank were a bit funny but I just showed them the screenshot of the chat and I got the money back in 10 minutes.
Yeah im 99.9% sure they not just gonna turn up, they going to have to add them manually or refund them, so frustrating having to wait, and doing the chargeback route would be a last resort as that creates its own problems as I did authorize them.

snorky510238

Chief glockenspiel maker
How's that for top-notch cyber crime-fighting
It could have nothing to do with it (and my gut feeling says it doesn’t) but a few days later my account was compromised.

Reelsoffun

I had something similar a couple of times but as I only deposit £15 a time I wasn’t so bothered. If I remember right the first transaction was pending but never went through. I can’t be sure but I do know I didn’t lose out otherwise I would remember.

What I have done and also saw another thread where this happened, is deposit with the wrong cvv number a couple of times and it still went through. Then the other week I deposited and pressed go and at the same moment realised I hadn’t even entered the cvv number and it still went through!!!
Well I definitely entered the correct CVV as its hard to get wrong being 123, so wasnt that.

PS I was joking its not really 123 you think im mad........?

snorky510238

Chief glockenspiel maker
Worrying when it doesn’t make a difference though.

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
Yeah im 99.9% sure they not just gonna turn up, they going to have to add them manually or refund them, so frustrating having to wait, and doing the chargeback route would be a last resort as that creates its own problems as I did authorize them.
You don't do it as an unauthorised transaction, you do it as a service not received :) As long as you can show them your account history and chat/email of them saying they didn't get it, it shouldn't cause a problem. Videoslots can't complain either, as if they didn't get it, then a chargeback won't affect them :). Obviously wait till payments get back to you though :)

Reelsoffun

@Team.Videoslots

Well it would appear I now have to wait 1-2 banking days which I expect they will mean at least Tuesday before I can even start the process again of them looking for it, I will be honest I'm a little upset about that to be fair.

My bank has said it is a problem the merchant side.

Harry_BKK

Meister Member
CAG
mm1
@Team.Videoslots

Well it would appear I now have to wait 1-2 banking days which I expect they will mean at least Tuesday before I can even start the process again of them looking for it, I will be honest I'm a little upset about that to be fair.

My bank has said it is a problem the merchant side.
Uncompleted transactions are held for a period. If the bank has taken the amount from your account then the intermediary handling agent / payment processor will receive the cash for real (doing a transaction does not mean that the merchant has already received the money, it is only a binding promise), they will see the discrepancy and should credit it to VS after which it should appear in your VS account.

There is little one can do to speed up the process. Can't remember what the exact time frame is though.

dionysus

Contest Manager
Staff member
CAG
MM
Uncompleted transactions are held for a period. If the bank has taken the amount from your account then the intermediary handling agent / payment processor will receive the cash for real (doing a transaction does not mean that the merchant has already received the money, it is only a binding promise), they will see the discrepancy and should credit it to VS after which it should appear in your VS account.

There is little one can do to speed up the process. Can't remember what the exact time frame is though.
that's one of the nice thing about etransfers
it's removed from my account, but if the merchant or processor is too pokey accepting, i can just cancel it

sueyh

It happened with me once.

I clicked the deposit, no funds accredited, I could see the money was taken out from my bank account that is attached to my debit card.

I made another deposit that worked fine, I was thinking about contacting live chat or Team VS, but I decided to wait for a few days first to see if the money was going to credited.
And, the money was in my VS account in a few days.
So I think you can relax, it will take a few days, your money is just floating around on internet, but it will reach VS in a few days and they will credit to your account.

But of course Team VS can help for sure.

Harry_BKK

Meister Member
CAG
mm1
For me this year it was 45 days "as stated in our terms" . Nothing VS could do about it, the bank had a term that they will hold the money for 45 days. Of cource in other banks it can be just a week or less.
That could well be the maximum. But usually, these cases are solved within 1-2 weeks.

Depends of course how quick all intermediaries in the payment chain are working. There are mostly multiple involved, especially when payments cross borders.

Reelsoffun

Hello @Reelsoffun

If you could send us an e-mail to videoslotsteam@videoslots.com we can raise it with our payments team and see if we can expedite this somehow :)

Best regards,
Team Videoslots.
Hi, the payments team have already been notified of it and said they will chase it again if not turned up by Tuesday, but as I successfully made alternative deposits, I wasn't expecting those funds to be tied up this way. :mad:

Reelsoffun

Yeah I get that, but my bank are saying it is a completed transaction, like all the others for that day. Normally when they are incomplete they stay pending and drop off if not completed after so long or money taken when completed. But this has felt totally different from the start as they cant see them at all VS side yet the bank shows completed and money sent. Its a good job i didn't try it more times or there could have been several thousand stuck so thankful for that lol But VS has always been instant for me on every one of the other hundreds of transactions :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)