Resolved Debit card transactions missing at Videoslots

Reelsoffun

When it comes to gambling, timing is everything.
Hi All,

Has anyone ever had a UK debit card transaction not credit straight away at Videoslots ?

I must have done a few hundred in the last 2 years and its always been instant, but couple of days ago i made a deposit, seemed to go through as normal but no funds, looking at the account history clearly not there so I tried again exactly the same?

So i tried once more on a slightly higher amount, both well above the min before people ask, and worked fine.

This is where it gets strange.....

Made several more all fine, then when i check my bank the two original amounts are showing as pending, thinking they will just stay there and then drop off due to the transactions not completing I wasnt too bothered.

However this morning ALL the debits went out my bank including the "two" that didnt credit.

So on to live chat as they usually helpful, and told me they cant see the transactions at all and started to want to list them.

I explained the ones they can see are not in question and they told me to get a transaction ID from the bank for them.

Ok so do that after 15 mins on the phone to bank on a Saturday, then go back to chat then they want a pic of the bank showing these "two transactions" have indeed gone.
So i do that as well, then they say they will have to go to payments team to see what happened, and they do work weekends.

Just had an email saying that if the funds dont appear in my account within the next two days to contact them again to start the investigation again? I mean what? come on thats a tad weak on the customer service front? Basically as i re made the intended deposits they have got these two amounts out my bank.

Anyway just wanted to know if anyone using a UK debit card has had this at VS before as it sounds a tad iffy to mean even though i trust the site, the fact there is no log of them either is a tad worrying.

I mean it is a significant amount were talking about, over 500 altogether etc were not talking £10 deposits here, am I being too impatient? I just feel 2 more days are going to pass and its not just going to appear in my account meaning I will have to start all this process again. It just as well im not short of funds, some people may have hit issues with a big chunk of cash disappearing out their bank unexpectedly!!

It ever happened to me at Videoslots but did somewhere else. I got live chat to confirm they didn't receive the money and did a chargeback. Initially the bank were a bit funny but I just showed them the screenshot of the chat and I got the money back in 10 minutes.

I had something similar a couple of times but as I only deposit £15 a time I wasn’t so bothered. If I remember right the first transaction was pending but never went through. I can’t be sure but I do know I didn’t lose out otherwise I would remember.

What I have done and also saw another thread where this happened, is deposit with the wrong cvv number a couple of times and it still went through. Then the other week I deposited and pressed go and at the same moment realised I hadn’t even entered the cvv number and it still went through!!!

It ever happened to me at Videoslots but did somewhere else. I got live chat to confirm they didn't receive the money and did a chargeback. Initially the bank were a bit funny but I just showed them the screenshot of the chat and I got the money back in 10 minutes.

Yeah im 99.9% sure they not just gonna turn up, they going to have to add them manually or refund them, so frustrating having to wait, and doing the chargeback route would be a last resort as that creates its own problems as I did authorize them.

I had something similar a couple of times but as I only deposit £15 a time I wasn’t so bothered. If I remember right the first transaction was pending but never went through. I can’t be sure but I do know I didn’t lose out otherwise I would remember.

What I have done and also saw another thread where this happened, is deposit with the wrong cvv number a couple of times and it still went through. Then the other week I deposited and pressed go and at the same moment realised I hadn’t even entered the cvv number and it still went through!!!

Well I definitely entered the correct CVV as its hard to get wrong being 123, so wasnt that.

PS I was joking its not really 123 you think im mad........?

Yeah im 99.9% sure they not just gonna turn up, they going to have to add them manually or refund them, so frustrating having to wait, and doing the chargeback route would be a last resort as that creates its own problems as I did authorize them.

You don't do it as an unauthorised transaction, you do it as a service not received :) As long as you can show them your account history and chat/email of them saying they didn't get it, it shouldn't cause a problem. Videoslots can't complain either, as if they didn't get it, then a chargeback won't affect them :). Obviously wait till payments get back to you though :)

@Team.Videoslots

Well it would appear I now have to wait 1-2 banking days which I expect they will mean at least Tuesday before I can even start the process again of them looking for it, I will be honest I'm a little upset about that to be fair.

My bank has said it is a problem the merchant side.

@Team.Videoslots

Well it would appear I now have to wait 1-2 banking days which I expect they will mean at least Tuesday before I can even start the process again of them looking for it, I will be honest I'm a little upset about that to be fair.

My bank has said it is a problem the merchant side.

Uncompleted transactions are held for a period. If the bank has taken the amount from your account then the intermediary handling agent / payment processor will receive the cash for real (doing a transaction does not mean that the merchant has already received the money, it is only a binding promise), they will see the discrepancy and should credit it to VS after which it should appear in your VS account.

There is little one can do to speed up the process. Can't remember what the exact time frame is though.

Uncompleted transactions are held for a period. If the bank has taken the amount from your account then the intermediary handling agent / payment processor will receive the cash for real (doing a transaction does not mean that the merchant has already received the money, it is only a binding promise), they will see the discrepancy and should credit it to VS after which it should appear in your VS account.

There is little one can do to speed up the process. Can't remember what the exact time frame is though.
that's one of the nice thing about etransfers
it's removed from my account, but if the merchant or processor is too pokey accepting, i can just cancel it

It happened with me once.

I clicked the deposit, no funds accredited, I could see the money was taken out from my bank account that is attached to my debit card.

I made another deposit that worked fine, I was thinking about contacting live chat or Team VS, but I decided to wait for a few days first to see if the money was going to credited.
And, the money was in my VS account in a few days.
So I think you can relax, it will take a few days, your money is just floating around on internet, but it will reach VS in a few days and they will credit to your account.

But of course Team VS can help for sure.

For me this year it was 45 days "as stated in our terms" . Nothing VS could do about it, the bank had a term that they will hold the money for 45 days. Of cource in other banks it can be just a week or less.

That could well be the maximum. But usually, these cases are solved within 1-2 weeks.

Depends of course how quick all intermediaries in the payment chain are working. There are mostly multiple involved, especially when payments cross borders.

Hello @Reelsoffun

If you could send us an e-mail to videoslotsteam@videoslots.com we can raise it with our payments team and see if we can expedite this somehow :)

Best regards,
Team Videoslots.

Hi, the payments team have already been notified of it and said they will chase it again if not turned up by Tuesday, but as I successfully made alternative deposits, I wasn't expecting those funds to be tied up this way. :mad:

Yeah I get that, but my bank are saying it is a completed transaction, like all the others for that day. Normally when they are incomplete they stay pending and drop off if not completed after so long or money taken when completed. But this has felt totally different from the start as they cant see them at all VS side yet the bank shows completed and money sent. Its a good job i didn't try it more times or there could have been several thousand stuck so thankful for that lol But VS has always been instant for me on every one of the other hundreds of transactions :(

Yeah I get that, but my bank are saying it is a completed transaction, like all the others for that day. Normally when they are incomplete they stay pending and drop off if not completed after so long or money taken when completed. But this has felt totally different from the start as they cant see them at all VS side yet the bank shows completed and money sent. Its a good job i didn't try it more times or there could have been several thousand stuck so thankful for that lol But VS has always been instant for me on every one of the other hundreds of transactions :(

Your bank showing the transaction complete means that the money went to the payment processor, it does not guarantee that it went to VS though. I remember one case in my earlier life when I was travelling a lot where I had money taken from my account when I tried an ATM withdrawal in China but got no cash. There were 7 intermediaries between the Chinese bank and my bank. :eek:

I went into the Chinese bank with my agent and he made a big "brohaha" inside while I was standing embarrassed next to him. :D ..... Long story short, it took 10 days and the money was back in my account without anyone doing anything. These are automated systems and errors will be detected and rectified automatically. Very rarely you have a case where human intervention is needed.

Last edited:
Your bank showing the transaction complete means that the money went to the payment processor, it does not guarantee that it went to VS though. I remember one case in my earlier live when I was travelling a lot where I had money taken from my account when I tried an ATM withdrawal in China but got no cash. There were 7 intermediaries between the Chinese bank and my bank.

I went into the Chinese bank with my agent and he made a big "brohaha" inside while I was standing embarrassed next to him. :D ..... Long story short, it took 10 days and the money was back in my account without anyone doing anything. These are automated systems and errors will be detected and rectified automatically. Very rarely you have a case where human intervention is needed.

Well lets hope your right as I have never had this error before that has in effect allowed multiple transactions to happen, that in normal circumstances wouldnt have been able to.

As the first transactions didnt show up to start with they were not part of the "available balance" etc so when I made the other ones after, then the original ones it has technically allowed funds to process that wasn't there.

For Example:
Figures are changed but this is effectively the glitch that happened.

Bank funds available 850

Tried 400 Failed
Tried 400 Failed
Tried 300 Processed
Tried 500 Processed

So Now Available 50 so any additional deps would have been refused eg insufficient funds....

Several hours later........

800 pending then
Original 400 Processed but didnt reach VS

now effectively leaving Overdrawn -750

With this glitch that appeared to happen anyone could of effectively deposited money that wasn't in the account which is definitely not normal.....

Anyway I already re - deposited and spent what i intended to, so when it does turn up I will be just withdrawing it back anyway otherwise I would have played double the amount I intended to and i'm not doing that! :D Lets hope its before all the DD's hit at the end of the month! :eek:

Although I have just won £500 tonight at poker at a local game, thats my gambling kitty sorted for this week :)

Well lets hope your right as I have never had this error before that has in effect allowed multiple transactions to happen, that in normal circumstances wouldnt have been able to.

As the first transactions didnt show up to start with they were not part of the "available balance" etc so when I made the other ones after, then the original ones it has technically allowed funds to process that wasn't there.

For Example:
Figures are changed but this is effectively the glitch that happened.

Bank funds available 850

Tried 400 Failed
Tried 400 Failed
Tried 300 Processed
Tried 500 Processed

So Now Available 50 so any additional deps would have been refused eg insufficient funds....

Several hours later........

800 pending then

now effectively leaving Overdrawn -750

With this glitch that appeared to happen anyone could of effectively deposited money that wasn't in the account which is definitely not normal.....

Anyway I already re - deposited and spent what i intended to, so when it does turn up I will be just withdrawing it back anyway otherwise I would have played double the amount I intended to and i'm not doing that! :D Lets hope its before all the DD's hit at the end of the month! :eek:

Although I have just won £500 tonight at poker at a local game, thats my gambling kitty sorted for this week :)

Yeah, those cases can happen. It is rare but it happens.

At some point, there will be a missing amount somewhere in the chain and should get rectified.

As I said, it is the same as the ATM not giving you the cash but the money is taken from your account. It will be sorted within a time period (I don't know the exact max time frame)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back