Cancer Screening Results

Just curious if you are into anything that relaxes you. Like meditation, or music or anything like that?

You should grab a pair of headphones and try some ASMR on youtube. I just recently came across it a few weeks ago and I find it insanely relaxing. I listen to it sometimes at work or in bed relaxing. Just search ASMR and mess around with some vids. But you need headphones or it wont be right.
100% music! I looked up ASMR. Certain sounds drive me insane! :laugh: I literally wan't to punch someone out insane. Crunching, finger tapping, continues sighing, scratching.......long list. Never did say I was normal!:eek2: I'm just choosing to put it out of my mind for now. If it's back, its back. I can't go back in time and change things. Tomorrow I might feel different, On the plus side? Im financially a little bit better then I was last time :) And as far as the wait times go.They are triple booking, with one CT machine, and population of 97 k.

Just curious if you are into anything that relaxes you. Like meditation, or music or anything like that?

You should grab a pair of headphones and try some ASMR on youtube. I just recently came across it a few weeks ago and I find it insanely relaxing. I listen to it sometimes at work or in bed relaxing. Just search ASMR and mess around with some vids. But you need headphones or it wont be right.
- Been part of that community as long as I have been here. :) Some of the good ones have gone now due to idiots and such :(. Every night listen to something cause I am stressed to the max right now as my dad is going through the same thing as bebo.

100% music! I looked up ASMR. Certain sounds drive me insane! :laugh: I literally wan't to punch someone out insane. Crunching, finger tapping, continues sighing, scratching.......long list. Never did say I was normal!:eek2: I'm just choosing to put it out of my mind for now. If it's back, its back. I can't go back in time and change things. Tomorrow I might feel different, On the plus side? Im financially a little bit better then I was last time :) And as far as the wait times go.They are triple booking, with one CT machine, and population of 97 k.

haha yeah I find it annoying unless im in the mood for it. And only certain noises, once I find one that suits me, its good for a long time.

Ohhh actually forgot we are piloting this recently to cut down on wait times

Capture.PNG

We had a meeting about CT and MRI machines. And one thing that was brought up was Quebec. Their one machine only logged 8 hours a day when they should be run 16 hours a day. They had a wait list of 7000 patients :eek:

Our hospital is attached to a cancer center so I imagine we have a couple ct scans here but yeah usually populations of under 100k or less has 1 machine.

- Been part of that community as long as I have been here. :) Some of the good ones have gone now due to idiots and such :(. Every night listen to something cause I am stressed to the max right now as my dad is going through the same thing as bebo.

Sorry to hear that. Terrible.

I listen to ASMRmagic if you are familiar with her at all. She does talking and no talking ones so you at least have a choice. There was one girl I found who does all sorts of things like eating fajitas :laugh:

I like the nails on a book cover type ones.

I'm really sorry that you are going through this, and really sorry for your dad too! I've learned a lot this past year when I was sick. I seen 20 somethings with new born babies pass away, middle aged and over 70 get diagnosed. I firmly believe we were put on this earth for a reason..each and every one of us. I have always believed that. Death is a very scary thing, because we don't know what happens after. And most people are too afraid to even discuss it. But it is going to happen to each and every one of us. Some of us know how we are going to go, while others don't. The most important thing is that while we are alive, that we do what we were intended to do on this earth. Make sure you take care of your mental well being. In a positive way. I'm glad that the community is helping you. :)

bebo67,
So sorry for the recent bad news and worry. I certainly hope it turns out to be shadows and a big old false alarm! God knows you've had more than enough on your plate to deal with in your life. Hang in there and know that you have tons of people praying and pulling for you and that has certainly got to count for something, don't ya think?

Take good care, girl! Good thoughts your way!!!

bebo67,
So sorry for the recent bad news and worry. I certainly hope it turns out to be shadows and a big old false alarm! God knows you've had more than enough on your plate to deal with in your life. Hang in there and know that you have tons of people praying and pulling for you and that has certainly got to count for something, don't ya think?

Take good care, girl! Good thoughts your way!!!
Thank you!

Ahh such a bad disease! I just found out my grandma has cancer in her brain and lungs. Shes in the hospital in Parry Sound right now and will be going up to Sudbury to see if she can have radiation to shrink the tumors so she can get a little more time. My dad asked the doctor what he can expect and the doctor said possibly a year if the radiation will shrink the tumors. But surgery is a no go given her age and where the tumors are.

She got dizzy and fell in the bath and she had heart surgery a few years ago so though it was related to that ..but they did a scan and found the tumors. She smoked for 50 years. And when asked if she was ok, her answer was "ive been preparing for this since I decided to be a smoker, I knew it was coming or it was very possible and I am lucky enough to got to 75 being a heavy smoker. Im ok with it"

She has always been the strongest one in our family.

So ill be heading up that way to visit her in a few weeks.

Ahh such a bad disease! I just found out my grandma has cancer in her brain and lungs. Shes in the hospital in Parry Sound right now and will be going up to Sudbury to see if she can have radiation to shrink the tumors so she can get a little more time. My dad asked the doctor what he can expect and the doctor said possibly a year if the radiation will shrink the tumors. But surgery is a no go given her age and where the tumors are.

She got dizzy and fell in the bath and she had heart surgery a few years ago so though it was related to that ..but they did a scan and found the tumors. She smoked for 50 years. And when asked if she was ok, her answer was "ive been preparing for this since I decided to be a smoker, I knew it was coming or it was very possible and I am lucky enough to got to 75 being a heavy smoker. Im ok with it"

She has always been the strongest one in our family.

So ill be heading up that way to visit her in a few weeks.
So sorry. That is my greatest fear. Cancer in the brain! I always think that when the prognosis is bleak, that its quick. Not to sound harsh in any way. She is the same age as my mother. I will keep you in my thoughts, and feel free to vent, cry, what ever you have to do in this thread! PS. I like her spunk! :)

Just curious. I know alot of people who battle cancer, have cancer scares etc end up changing their life style. Exercising, eating quite healthy. Did you do any of that?

p.s. thanks. Im happy that my grandma at least has been able to live pretty much a full life.. alot of people dont

Just curious. I know alot of people who battle cancer, have cancer scares etc end up changing their life style. Exercising, eating quite healthy. Did you do any of that?

p.s. thanks. Im happy that my grandma at least has been able to live pretty much a full life.. alot of people dont
I've always been pretty active, and really anal about eating healthy. No dairy, processed foods, pork, canned foods etc. I did party every other Friday night when the kids were at their dads house though. My ritual was wine before I went out, rye and ginger and tequila shots while I was out. Most say I handled it pretty good! lol, But I stopped that probably 3-4 years ago. I do smoke, and I enjoy it, which is making it tough to want to quit. Im a closet smoker for the most part. Stress is a HUGE problem for most people, and that in itself can cause cancer. I stress way the hell out too much. I try not to, but its in me, part of me. It keeps me going. I will be 52 next January, hard to change those kind of habits. I make sure Im in bed before 11 and up at the crack of dawn. Sleep habits are very important.

Well its 11:15 pm. I have 50 mg of prednisone in me, another 50 mg in 15 min..............and another 50mg at 6:30 am, with 50 mg of Benadryl. 150 mg of steroids :eek2::eek2::eek2: Im allergic to the contrast. Its going to be a longggg night! CT scan @ 7:30 am. Tomorrow is going to be a weird day. Voting and this. Hopefully the bad news will be that Doug Ford got elected. On the plus side this will be over and I gained 3 lbs in a month! :D

Please not Ford. I don't think the two things are related.

I hate prednisone, makes me so hyper and anxious.

Hope everything works out for you.
Thanks! Im really jittery. Lol. Please let it not be Ford. I did a write up and the Sun and a few other papers grabbed it. Id post it but it has my name etc on it. Im in full political mode! Been none stop. This election has left me so angry over peoples stupidity. Harsh but no other way to put it!

Thanks! Im really jittery. Lol. Please let it not be Ford. I did a write up and the Sun and a few other papers grabbed it. Id post it but it has my name etc on it. Im in full political mode! Been none stop. This election has left me so angry over peoples stupidity. Harsh but no other way to put it!
I had another article that I was getting ready to send in and then they came out with Robs Widow news. So I didnt bother.

Done! They decided not to do the contrast because of my reaction last time. My surgeon has immediate access to the results. I will phone their office in an hour to see what is next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back