Ask me anything (about slots)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that is what I was thinking , but that feels off for some reason
as I understaand it, there's slots that grab the FS in bundles (en masse) and ones that grab each independently

if the machine is legit, it shouldnt really matter a whit when it grabs them from the pool if its A or B

I was thinking about a hypothetical situation that the current date and time had something to do with the rng call made, and so you could "influnce" the result ;) ( like old Novo cabinets that worked on a rng loop)

Edit : it was aristocrat cabinets who where targeted

Edit2: also novomatic cabinets

Last edited:
I was thinking about a hypothetical situation that the current date and time had something to do with the rng call made, and so you could "influnce" the result ;) ( like old Novo cabinets that worked on a rng loop)
nah
if they were a trick, someone would have sussed it and have made hand over fist moolah

random be random be random :D

What does the regulations say about for example the claims thunderkick slots are making.
Midas golden touch claims you can win over 11000x (i think it was 11000)
And Carnival queen says you can win over 22 000x stake. But despite millions and millions of spins during the videoslots freerolls, i have never seen either of those games ever pay out even 1500x stake.

Is it legal to make those kind of claims even if the slots just in theory can produce those results, or do they actually have to implement bonuses with those kind of wins to be allowed to make those claims?

Same with the "infinite retriggers" and "infinite multiplier" thats all the rage now.
Inifinite my ass.. By now we would have heard about someone being stuck in a bonus a couple months due to these infinite retriggers i think.
:p

What does the regulations say about for example the claims thunderkick slots are making.
Midas golden touch claims you can win over 11000x (i think it was 11000)
And Carnival queen says you can win over 22 000x stake. But despite millions and millions of spins during the videoslots freerolls, i have never seen either of those games ever pay out even 1500x stake.

Is it legal to make those kind of claims even if the slots just in theory can produce those results, or do they actually have to implement bonuses with those kind of wins to be allowed to make those claims?

Same with the "infinite retriggers" and "infinite multiplier" thats all the rage now.
Inifinite my ass.. By now we would have heard about someone being stuck in a bonus a couple months due to these infinite retriggers i think.
:p
I think these claims are all true, just the probability is really really really really small. If let's say in book of dead in the bonus getting a retrigger has a 1 % chance . Then the chance of 10 retriggers = 0.01*0.01....*0.01= really small

I think these claims are all true, just the probability is really really really really small. If let's say in book of dead in the bonus getting a retrigger has a 1 % chance . Then the chance of 10 retriggers = 0.01*0.01....*0.01= really small

But

Yeah, but still. We are talking several millions of spins.
You would think carnival queen would produce atleast a 2000x win during one of all the battles, and thats still only 10% of the potential they claim.
Maybe it will happen someday. =)

edit: Doublequoted for some reason. :D

Well there is a chance it will happen, but this is not a guarantee that it will. The probability is probably so small that I might not happen in 100.000.000000 spins, but it still can

Mmm, whilst I rarely look at a maximum JP as being realistic I would be a little concerned if a slot as mentioned above, does not even seem to get within 10% of the claim. We all know true jackpots are a likely as rocking horse poo but when manufacturers claim a slot "can" pay out an amount which would mean something like 10 full screens of top symbol in a free spins bonus then that is pretty much misleading in the extreme. You could make some very attractive claims based on an almost infinitesimally unlikely event and back it up because "it's possible, the maths say so".

Main culprits I guess are BTG and the unlimited multiplier, although not the only one using this now. Microgaming make some pretty impressive claims as well. GoT 243 ways claims win up to £121,000. I think my maths is correct but a full screen of wilds in the 5x free games pays £60,750 @ £3 which is the max stake at Leo Vegas. I know you can get re-triggers and minimum of 8 spins but when the most unlikely (has it ever been done in free spins?) full screen of wilds only barely makes 50% of this then that is a pretty flakey claim. Would love to know what the max x times win GoT has achieved.

I guess, when all is said and done, it is not really much different to staggeringly unlikely progressives. Was there not a slot in Vegas a short while back which finally paid its progressive after something like 20 odd years?

Main culprits I guess are BTG and the unlimited multiplier, although not the only one using this now. Microgaming make some pretty impressive claims as well. GoT 243 ways claims win up to £121,000. I think my maths is correct but a full screen of wilds in the 5x free games pays £60,750 @ £3 which is the max stake at Leo Vegas. I know you can get re-triggers and minimum of 8 spins but when the most unlikely (has it ever been done in free spins?) full screen of wilds only barely makes 50% of this then that is a pretty flakey claim. Would love to know what the max x times win GoT has achieved.

MGS always quote the max win at the max stake. Max stake on GOT is £30 and the max win would be £607,500.
Although it's odd that they quote the max as £605,000.
The max win quoted is part of the graphics of the paytable, and fixed. Unlike the wins in the paytable which are dynamic, so change, based on stake.
But at least it is possible, from a specific combination of symbols from one spin during the free spins, rather than the claim being based on re-triggers or multiple big wins, etc
Maybe LV are limiting the stake. Have you tried changing the coin size (click on the word bet, above the stake display)

Edit : it was aristocrat cabinets who where targeted

Edit2: also novomatic cabinets

They were badly coded RNGs that Russians managed to hack.

And to answer your question, yes you would get different results. But it makes no statistical difference at all.

Mmm, whilst I rarely look at a maximum JP as being realistic I would be a little concerned if a slot as mentioned above, does not even seem to get within 10% of the claim. We all know true jackpots are a likely as rocking horse poo but when manufacturers claim a slot "can" pay out an amount which would mean something like 10 full screens of top symbol in a free spins bonus then that is pretty much misleading in the extreme. You could make some very attractive claims based on an almost infinitesimally unlikely event and back it up because "it's possible, the maths say so".

I guess, when all is said and done, it is not really much different to staggeringly unlikely progressives. Was there not a slot in Vegas a short while back which finally paid its progressive after something like 20 odd years?

In theory, Bonanza is unlimited multiplier, unlimited free spins. As long as a reteigger is available on every spin, and a win is possible on every spin, then it is a true claim. Remember, as mentioned elsewhere here, just because something is POSSIBLE does not mean it is likely. A one in a trillion chance is possible, it is just very very unlikely.

That said, some jurisdictions have rules about what you are allowed to say when it comes to maximum prizes. For example, if I advertise a maximum win, then the chance of that in some jurisdictions cannot be worse than 1 in 17m. (This is not including some progressives).

Hey Trance, I've got a question.

I've noticed that NetEnt's Spinata Grande and Blueprint's El Jackpotto share many of the same sound effects. Like, the music is identical.

Would this mean they're just sourcing this music from the same libraries? Seems strange though as I thought most developers would want unique music and sound effects

Hey Trance, I've got a question.

I've noticed that NetEnt's Spinata Grande and Blueprint's El Jackpotto share many of the same sound effects. Like, the music is identical.

Would this mean they're just sourcing this music from the same libraries? Seems strange though as I thought most developers would want unique music and sound effects

Check out unippm.com - that is a great source of sounds, amongst quite a few sound libraries. Some smaller companies almost certainly source music from libraries.

Sound FX are almost all from libraries, whereas tunes are more commonly written from scratch.

I admit I am surprised if they have both used the same music...

In theory, Bonanza is unlimited multiplier, unlimited free spins. As long as a reteigger is available on every spin, and a win is possible on every spin, then it is a true claim. Remember, as mentioned elsewhere here, just because something is POSSIBLE does not mean it is likely. A one in a trillion chance is possible, it is just very very unlikely.

That said, some jurisdictions have rules about what you are allowed to say when it comes to maximum prizes. For example, if I advertise a maximum win, then the chance of that in some jurisdictions cannot be worse than 1 in 17m. (This is not including some progressives).

What have I told you about Class-C drugs Trance

I got an error message in game, reloaded, it finished like this. Also didnt get the 0.45 though o they investigating it.

Think Luckyscouser on the Bonanza thread posted a few of these.

BTG are not only the masters of potential, seemingly, but also the all too frequent error messages/graphical glitches recently. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back