The Commission has focused on online slots because of its features which increase the intensity of play and the corresponding risks to players. Slot games have by far the highest average losses per player of online gambling products *1. The new rules include the outright ban of four key features of online slots games:
- Features that speed up play or give the illusion of control over the outcome
- Slot spin speeds faster than 2.5 seconds
- Autoplay - which can lead to players losing track of their play, and;
- Sounds or imagery which give the illusion of a win when the return is in fact equal to, or below, a stake
- The permanent ban on reverse withdrawals – a function which allows consumers to re-gamble money they had previously requested to withdraw
- Operators must clearly display to the player their total losses or wins and time played during any online slots session.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.