Good(w)ill Ambassador
CAG
MM
I know I'm right here, but anyway:

The scenario: Hold Em

My cards: pocket 4s
His cards: pocket 6s

Community cards: 9,9,10,10, A

Split pot, no? We share the same 5 community cards. Tie: 2 pair (9s and 10s), ace kicker
He contends he wins because his pockets are higher. I contend he needs to go back to poker school.

dunover

Unofficial T&C's Editor
Staff member
webmeister
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm3
I know I'm right here, but anyway:

The scenario: Hold Em

My cards: pocket 4s
His cards: pocket 6s

Community cards: 9,9,10,10, A

Split pot, no? We share the same 5 community cards. Tie: 2 pair (9s and 10s), ace kicker
He contends he wins because his pockets are higher. I contend he needs to go back to poker school.

He certainly does need to go back to poker school, then take remedial night classes too.:what:

slotmaster

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
PABinit
He swears he's forced to play with the pocket pair and thus factor in. I explain he does not, but would were they higher than what's on board. ie the kicker on board were a 5, his 6 would reign, however, since it is not, his pair is moot

yup you got it here, the ace counts therefore it is a split pot.:)

By the way, I like your avatar and signature. :p

Cogge

He swears he's forced to play with the pocket pair and thus factor in. I explain he does not, but would were they higher than what's on board. ie the kicker on board were a 5, his 6 would reign, however, since it is not, his pair is moot

Maybe he's played too much Omaha (where indeed you are forced to use 2 of your 4 pocket cards. :)

threescatters

Dormant account
PABnonaccred
It is a chopped pot in texas hold em. You can tell your friend he is welcome in my homegame anytime.

rockycatt

meistercatt
It is a chopped pot in texas hold em. You can tell your friend he is welcome in my homegame anytime.

if I may id like to add that in final table of mtt tourney's at some poker houses that all players in agreement [I think 6 or under] can split the pot ,and stop the game [that is commonly referred to as a chop ]

Last edited:

cpdnd31

Ueber Meister
webmeister
CAG
I think after I explained the hand and the fact KK JJ 9 -KK JJ were highest hands making his 3's null- and 9 was kicker so he already used 4 cards making his pair null and turning it meaning one 3 into a kicker - and his 3 doesn't beat the 9 lol - if other player beat 9 kicker other player wins - if not split pot lol- the whole time i think he was trying to use 6 cards and that's where he was getting messed up.

It's Chocmartini time by the way!!!!

BMWSTACK

Ueber Meister
You may want to find different friends to play poker with, unless you want to teach him a leeson and take advantage of him