North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada must need a fair bit with their temperatures and alaska too, it can also be stored until required.

I want to pay the lowest price possible for gas as my home is not very warm in winter as it is, but if the elite in this country can get away with it they will make us use expensive fracked gas rather than import cheaper russian gas, its probably the reason why we have also began fracking here.

It starts to make me wonder whether a few years ago the the neocons and their think tanks here and in the US came up with this fracking industry for only one real reason to try to damage the russian economy which relies on exporting energy.

Russia and Iran, those are the two with the largest reserves worldwide.

Canada has plenty of gas, they were actually exporting to the US, don't know if that still is the case today.

There's a very interesting article on the new american website,
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

An extract:
NATO — when viewed less as a military defense alliance, and more as a means of reducing the national sovereignty of its member nations — is understandably not considered obsolete. On the contrary, NATO’s expansion to include many of the nations of eastern Europe is extremely relevant to the goal of creating a multinational super-state on the continent of Europe that would also include the United States and Canada.

That is why the vote in the United Kingdom to leave the European Union (EU) — Brexit — was such a blow to the aspirations of these global elites. When America’s incoming president praises Britain’s leaving the EU as “so smart,” and insists, “I think Brexit is going to end up being a great thing,” all the efforts of these global elites to build an international governing structure are threatened.

Last edited:
Angela got exactly to the point what was agreed in the coalition agreement after the election. Mr. Seehofer was just used as a conduit to get all countries to the table.

NATO snickering: Is the opinion of the Fox host, hilarious how he tries to insist it is "snickering". Most of the time throughout the video clip, none of those leaders are smiling or "snickering". Plus Fox, did not simultaneously show what Mr. T said in that moment when they were smiling. So much for transparent reporting.

Obama NATO: Of course, Obama brought it up too. Result was their 2% pledge in 2014 at the Wales summit and everyone is working towards it. Military spending of NATO countries increased every years since 2015.

Your Obama video in fact shows exactly how a decent president should do that. No insults, no questioning of sovereignty, no blasting, instead do the proper talks and negotiations out of the public eye. And he didn't travel to Finland after the summit to meet Vlad one-on-one. :rolleyes:

As I said earlier, Mr. T tries to create a public crisis for everything because he thinks that gives him extra leverage. That might help when you are a real-estate bully in New York but certainly not on an international stage. In contrary, you are making a fool of yourself because at some point nobody will take you serious anymore.

I remember that NATO summit last year, I watched it live. They described it as snickering then. I could only find the video with Carl Rove, (the guys who says it was not snickering). They were snickering because they did saw Trump as a boob.

Rove was the younger Bushes Senior Advisor. I remember during the Bush presidency I was a left leaner and did not watch Fox, mostly CNN, well CNN painted Carl Rove as Satan himself. Then I saw him on a Fox interview and was shocked at how mild mannered he was. Nothing like CNN portrayed him.

Meeting the 2% pledge by 2024 date was just lip service.

Its more about substance than style. At the end of the day if the people can't find a job to provide for their families, they aren't going to give two hoots whether Obama was a world class speaker or Trump was a blunder head.

We'll know in the upcoming elections.

Canada must need a fair bit with their temperatures and alaska too, it can also be stored until required.

I want to pay the lowest price possible for gas as my home is not very warm in winter as it is, but if the elite in this country can get away with it they will make us use expensive fracked gas rather than import cheaper russian gas, its probably the reason why we have also began fracking here.

It starts to make me wonder whether a few years ago the the neocons and their think tanks here and in the US came up with this fracking industry for only one real reason to try to damage the russian economy which relies on exporting energy.

I think the US dumps the oil/gas on the open market.

Hydraulic Fracking been around since the late 1940's. The way I understand it is, it was never a cost effective way of extracting fossils until oil went to $140 a barrel
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
then it became a worth while industry(profit wise that is).

I understand today that oil has to be about $60/barrel for fracking to be profitable.

This blimp is childish, I don't think it represents most british people, its rude and impolite. Parts of the uk establishment are not against trying to undermine Trump, regardless of free speech there's no way a blimp of Mohammad bin Salman, Bibi Netanyahu or Xi Jinping would have been allowed when they visited london. Donald almost gets as much bad press coverage here as putin. I think he needs to laugh off the blimp with a one liner though.

I remember that NATO summit last year, I watched it live. They described it as snickering then. I could only find the video with Carl Rove, (the guys who says it was not snickering). They were snickering because they did saw Trump as a boob.

Rove was the younger Bushes Senior Advisor. I remember during the Bush presidency I was a left leaner and did not watch Fox, mostly CNN, well CNN painted Carl Rove as Satan himself. Then I saw him on a Fox interview and was shocked at how mild mannered he was. Nothing like CNN portrayed him.

Meeting the 2% pledge by 2024 date was just lip service.

Its more about substance than style. At the end of the day if the people can't find a job to provide for their families, they aren't going to give two hoots whether Obama was a world class speaker or Trump was a blunder head.

We'll know in the upcoming elections.

Did you listen what Mr. T said in his first ever speech at the new NATO HQ. I can tell you that there was plenty to not just "snicker" about but to laugh out loud.

Lip service or not, all NATO members have increased their defense spending since the summit where they agreed to the 2%. Mr. T boasted about a $33B increase in 2017 because of his actions, only that the increase started already in 2015, hence, nothing to do with Mr. T. Especially, since such increased expenditure has to go through a lengthy political process until it is finally approved. No democratic country will just snip with their fingers and increase military spending.

What substance has Mr. T brought to the table please? I can take a magnifying glass and still won't find anything. Plus he was yet again late for most meetings. Sorry but there is nothing presidential or of substance whatsoever in your sitting president.

He actually tried, after failing with his fracked gas offer, to peddle US defense companies and products during the summit, exactly after asking for an increase to 4% of GDP, saying: "The US produces by far the best aircraft, rifles and missiles." And then boasted that some heads of state have asked him for help with their orders. Right! Showing off the best dealmaker, just like the $300 billion he signed in China last year. Ever heard of something coming to fruition from that? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't get it. How can anyone explain it?

trump-approval.JPG

I don't get it. How can anyone explain it?

View attachment 92901

Just read who made the poll. Plus, the top search results seem to be all right wing media. Cherry-picking poll results? Because only a part of them are actually favorable for Mr. T.

Plus doing this kind of poll exactly after Mr. T signed the EO to end family separation proves that the results can't be taken serious since an increase among Hispanics would be expected.

To have fair results would be a poll at the height of the separation chaos and then repeated after he signed the EO.

This blimp is childish, I don't think it represents most british people, its rude and impolite. Parts of the uk establishment are not against trying to undermine Trump, regardless of free speech there's no way a blimp of Mohammad bin Salman, Bibi Netanyahu or Xi Jinping would have been allowed when they visited london. Donald almost gets as much bad press coverage here as putin. I think he needs to laugh off the blimp with a one liner though.

If the blimp is childish, then what were Mr. T's insults in the interview with the worst UK tabloid? I think he earned that blimp, fair and square. :D

Question comes up, who Mr. T didn't insult in his 18 months as US president and more current, during this trip? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If the blimp is childish, then what were Mr. T insults in the interview with the worst UK tabloid? I think he earned that blimp, fair and square. :D

Question comes up, who Mr. T didn't insult in his 18 months as US president and more current, during this trip? :rolleyes:

yeah, but I think you would agree the other three leaders I mentioned have been doing worse things than 'insult' people, and no blimp of them would be allowed. We do have a history of political caricature in the UK, so it could be included in that, but satire is no good if the establishment control who does and doesn't get targeted.

Edit: I spent 35 mins earlier watching trump's nato press conference, he didn't come across well, he was very irritable until the questions moved on from nato to putin and brexit, then he changed and lightened up. I don't think he really believes in Nato, the underlying purpose of it relates to globalism and trump is a nationalist; In my opinion he thinks if the members of Nato believe in the alliance and want it to carry on expanding eastward to pressurise russia then they must increase their funding to achieve this and at the time US should quietly reduce their expenditure commitments to Nato so that they meet in the middle.

Last edited:
yeah, but I think you would agree the other three leaders I mentioned have been doing worse things than 'insult' people, and no blimp of them would be allowed. We do have a history of political caricature in the UK, so it could be included in that, but satire is no good if the establishment control who does and doesn't get targeted.

Those three don't have pure white shirts but I have not read or heard any public insults of other heads of state coming from them, and that repeatedly as Mr. T does it.

Those three don't have pure white shirts but I have not read or heard any public insults of other heads of state coming from them, and that repeatedly as Mr. T does it.

True, but do you think If somebody had wanted to fly a blimp of those other three leaders they would be allowed by the political establishment in the UK?

just reading more of the background of this blimp, there are interviews online with leo murray one of the key people in a group of protesters behind it, and he stated:

"The group then decided that if he ever comes here, we obviously have to protest. However, there’s a chance he won't really give a fuck about a regular protest against his policies. He lacks the capacity for moral shame. You simply can't reason with him, because he's not a reasonable person. You also can't appeal to his conscience as he's got no conscience. So we went with ridicule."

This reasoning behind the blimp, rather than it being about trump insulting other leaders shows it is mainly to do with his policies, so the same criteria should definitely have applied to Mohammad bin Salman, Bibi Netanyahu or Xi Jinping. Yet, I see no blimps of them were ever flown above london. A free and inquisitive press would have wanted to put that question to them but I haven't seen it asked, maybe I missed it.

True, but do you think If somebody had wanted to fly a blimp of those other three leaders they would be allowed by the political establishment in the UK?

just reading more of the background of this blimp, there are interviews online with leo murray one of the key people in a group of protesters behind it, and he stated:

"The group then decided that if he ever comes here, we obviously have to protest. However, there’s a chance he won't really give a fuck about a regular protest against his policies. He lacks the capacity for moral shame. You simply can't reason with him, because he's not a reasonable person. You also can't appeal to his conscience as he's got no conscience. So we went with ridicule."

This reasoning behind the blimp, rather than it being about trump insulting other leaders shows it is mainly to do with his policies, so the same criteria should definitely have applied to Mohammad bin Salman, Bibi Netanyahu or Xi Jinping. Yet, I see no blimps of them were ever flown above london. A free and inquisitive press would have wanted to put that question to them but I haven't seen it asked, maybe I missed it.

TBH, there have been numerous other strange things happening during protests, virtually in every democratic country. Just look at the carnival parades happening in Germany every February. They don't have flying blimps but they use floats. The ridicule is much more intense than the rather simple blimp.

The three you mentioned are a lot less vocal in public, hence, not much in the minds of people since they don't feature virtually on every newscast.

TBH, there have been numerous other strange things happening during protests, virtually in every democratic country. Just look at the carnival parades happening in Germany every February. They don't have flying blimps but they use floats. The ridicule is much more intense than the rather simple blimp.

The three you mentioned are a lot less vocal in public, hence, not much in the minds of people since they don't feature virtually on every newscast.

Here a few samples :D

The text on Mr. T's hair in the bottom right photo reads: "Make Fascism Great Again". The translation for the text on the wave is: "Immigrant Wave"

capture 1355 (1024x709).jpg

Here a few samples :D

The text on Mr. T's hair in the bottom right photo reads: "Make Fascism Great Again". The translation for the text on the wave is: "Immigrant Wave"

View attachment 92933

when you said floats in germany, I thought it would be german politicians being ridiculed? Is it just trump or are other world leaders/german politicians targeted? [tony blair certainly deserves ridicule and public shaming.]

Yeah that is true they are less vocal especially xi jinping, but if you are a real protester concerned about human rights issues and policies surely those three leaders should still be targeted as much as trump? They've been longer 'at it' than trump as well.

There is a German saying which roughly translates to: "Out of sight, out of mind".

The vast amount of information and news lets the common public filter to remember only the most prominent events.

when you said floats in germany, I thought it would be german politicians being ridiculed? Is it just trump or are other world leaders/german politicians targeted? [tony blair certainly deserves ridicule and public shaming.]

Nobody is spared. :D

Left: German Economy
Right: Berlusconi is back

capture 1356 (1024x315).jpg

There is a German saying which roughly translates to: "Out of sight, out of mind".

The vast amount of information and news lets the common public filter to remember only the most prominent events.

Yes I know what you mean Trump is a hot topic all round the world, but the media decide which topics they give prominence to and which get buried, plus real protesters would follow the news more than the common public at an indepth level and know for example about yemen, tibet, and the gaza strip.

Don't know whether they are shown on TV in other countries. I watch the Cologne parade every year, from start to end, just to see what will be on their floats. :D

I get the feeling Europeans in general are more active in debating politics than here in the UK, I think its the class system probably as our political history, labour and conservative [and a few liberal democrats], stems from class divisions so to discuss politics with other people other than family or close friends is tricky and avoided most of the time. It would be good if we had floats like that, the closest example in my lifetime was the tv programme spitting image, which ridiculed every political figure of note.

Just read who made the poll. Plus, the top search results seem to be all right wing media. Cherry-picking poll results? Because only a part of them are actually favorable for Mr. T.

Plus doing this kind of poll exactly after Mr. T signed the EO to end family separation proves that the results can't be taken serious since an increase among Hispanics would be expected.

To have fair results would be a poll at the height of the separation chaos and then repeated after he signed the EO.

No cherry picking.
Those were the top Google results.

We'll know when the next polls are taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back