Meet The Worlds Tallest Dog George !!!!!

LaurieJim

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
Meet 'Giant George' the 7ft-long blue great dane who could be the world's tallest dog

Standing at nearly 43 inches tall from paw to shoulder and weighing a staggering 245lbs could this be the world's new tallest dog?

Pictured in the parks of Tuscon, Arizona, George, a four-year-old blue great dane, looks more like a miniature horse than a dog.

'Giant George' and owner Dave Nasser share a couch together: The four-year-old blue great dane, weighs a staggering 245lbs and measures almost 43ins at the shoulder

The gentle giant, who measures 7ft 3ins from nose to tail, could be a prime contender to take the title from the former record holder, Gibson, a harlequin Great Dane who passed away from cancer last August.

Now George's owners, David and Christine Nasser, are awaiting confirmation from Guinness World Records to see if he has achieved the lofty heights.

'He's 42.625 inches at the shoulder,' said David. 'He's very very unique.'

According to David, George consumes 110lbs of food every month, and sleeps alone in his own Queen Size Bed.

David and Christine raised George from when he was 7 weeks old, but never expected him to grow so big.

Magnificent: George measures more than 7ft from nose to tail and tucks away 110lbs of food every month.

With size comes problems: The giant great dane barely fits in the back of his owner's SUV.

The couple eventually had to move their aptly named dog out of their king sized bed, when he grew too large for the three of them to share the same sheets.

Dr. William Wallace of the Buena Pet Clinic in Tucson, who witnessed the documentation necessary for the Guinness record, said: 'In my 45 years of experience working with giant breed dogs, without question, George is the tallest dog I have ever seen.'

David is currently rushing to get that necessary documentation into Guinness as other dog owners are coming forth claiming the record.

As they wait for the results to come through, George is busy occupying himself with his new found stardom and even has a Facebook fan page and Twitter accounts for his adorning fans.

It appears as though the sky's the limit for this mammoth hound.

And I thought mine was huge...that would take a very, very large pooper scooper to clean up after him:lolup:

OMG, he is HUGE!!! LOL....can you imagine a burglar breaking into their home when they're not there? What a surprise he'd get...ha ha.

You could put a saddle on him and ride him. He's absolutely gorgeous though..what a beauty!!

(not being a 'dog person') my first thought was.... and they let him in the house?!?!?

My Great Danes spend most of their time outside but do come in the house. But they can't run around in the livingroom. Reason being that they can wag their tails and clear the coffee table of everything on it with one sweep.

They do come in and lie down quietly, they are a really nice breed and very easily trained dogs. They are couch potatoes, and mine have their own couch. They think they are lap dogs and you can't sit with them for fear of getting squashed lol.

Because of their size they are afraid of nothing and very easy going. They do scare intruders by their mere size and the incredible bark, but they generally see no reason for agression, they know they rule.

They are very loyal though and any attacker wouldn't stand a chance. The agression would have to come from the human first though.

I have tiny indoor dogs also, and although they are the size of a Great Dane's head, everyone gets along smashingly.

Good heavens!! That is one monster of a doggie. I could saddle him up and ride him to work lol. :p

jeeze thats a big one,
Id hate to own any other dogs or cats if i had one like that id be to scared he would look at them and think hmmm lunch

The general breed disposition is that of a gentle giant. It's funny to watch them with my little Lhasa Apso and my husband's Maltese - they gingerly step around them in the house. They also mind the two cats. They are 13 years old now, and never an issue.

They used to be bred to hunt boar (wild pigs) and have the speed of a Greyhound and the strength of a Mastiff. (both were used in the creation of the breed). When boar hunting became a thing of the past, breeders concentrated on creating a very gentle dog to make them suitable for family pets. Germans have bred them for centuries now, using only the most gentle dogs for breeding. They are called Great Danes, but they are actually the German Mastiff, Denmark had nothing to do with the breed.

Like with all dogs, you have to be careful with dogs that came from backyard breeders who mate dogs indiscriminately.

A well bred Dane is a gentle and lazy dog. An oversized lapdog and couch potato. I'd welcome that big guy into my house any time, the only issue is tripping over them because they take up a lot of space. Due to the very short hair they are also very clean. None of our dogs shed, you'd never know they existed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back