Question SLOT OF THE YEAR 2018! We need YOUR choices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Napoleon, for its 'potential'

Vikings, for Lagertha

Wild Heist, for the Gold Card that doesn't exist

Donuts, for its 'potential'

Jammin Jars, for its 'potential', controversy and predetermined randomness
As I didn't add a Tosser nomination it has to go to WWTBAM. Pointless re-skin of Extra Chilli with a 'Risk the shirt off your back' spins ladder to get to the holy grail of 50 spins.

Which wouldn't be so bad if the percentage answers indicated successful outcomes, but as we're fast discovering, it's just a pimped-up RNG and basically a misleading, treacherous piece of shite.

Also a lazy waste of a license, BTG buy the rights for 34p and think by stamping their logo on it we'll all cum in our pants. Sounds are minimal and underused, graphics are more sterile than Dettol and 'gameplay' flat as a pancake :thumbsup:

Yes mgb is right, Pink Elephants was 2017 and got a couple of TOSSER nominations last year although there are far worse games.
As for WWBaB I agree it was shocking shit, low-potential micro-win trash. Worst franchised slot I ever saw.

I consider Pink Elephants as a slot that's quite middling. When it wants to pay it can throw out some very nice wins. But each to their own :)

1. Peking luck (pragmatic)
2. Napoleon (blueprint)
3. Madame Destiny (pragmatic)
4. Reactoonz ( play n go)
5. Da vincis treasures ( Pragmatic)
Btw good work this year from Pragmatic !
Was Reactoonz not released too early to qualify for this pole? I'm sure it was included in last years pole?

As I didn't add a Tosser nomination it has to go to WWTBAM. Pointless re-skin of Extra Chilli with a 'Risk the shirt off your back' spins ladder to get to the holy grail of 50 spins.

Which wouldn't be so bad if the percentage answers indicated successful outcomes, but as we're fast discovering, it's just a pimped-up RNG and basically a misleading, treacherous piece of shite.

Also a lazy waste of a license, BTG buy the rights for 34p and think by stamping their logo on it we'll all cum in our pants. Sounds are minimal and underused, graphics are more sterile than Dettol and 'gameplay' flat as a pancake :thumbsup:

Spot on!

Was Reactoonz not released too early to qualify for this pole? I'm sure it was included in last years pole?
I'll just disregard that one when it comes to the result.

Yes. It was released the same month as Pink Elephants, October 2017.

If I recall right Reactoonz was one of my top 5 last year. It has had legs despite its critics.
I think that choosing your faves involves many personal factors. Some do 50 spins then move on. Some do 100 then move on. Some do their entire balance on one slot then move on. Some increase their wagering after improving their balance. some move on. Some move on to increase their wager in a different slot after a nice increase. Some withdraw after a modest increase.
The point I am making here is that we all approach slotting differently. Many of us change our approach due to financial constraints or the limitation of time we have to play.
All of that and probably much more can effect how we view a slot.
Yet most still have a RTP similar to the next slot!

Last edited:
3. Wild Heist At Peacock Manor - despite never seeing anyone get that golden ticket
I saw this one getting quite a lot of votes, so thought I'd better go and try it for the first ever time, about 10 minutes ago...

Finally got the free-spins - Yep it's GREAT! :thumbsup:

WHaPM_zero_Dec18.jpg

KK :mad:

PMSL. Sorry bro :( I presume you where just unlucky and didn't get the golden ticket?
Not your fault!
I managed to "Randomly Pick" 3 x +1 multiplier - so had 7 spins @ x4... and hit NOTHING!

It was over 150 spins before I even saw one of the random features - and among them I had the Walking Wilds pay 0.00 twice! :eek:

From a start of £200 I was down close to £20 left - all on £1 spins - when the tide finally turned... had quite a lot of free-spins and better random features in a relatively short number of rounds and managed to get bank back to £150 - then I stopped.
Think I just had an unlucky start.
I can see the attraction - it's not high variance (which suits me) and features are not too hard to hit (which also suits me!)
Will play it again sometime...

No golden tickets for me :(

KK

Apologies to Dunover..

This player is boycotting the 2018 awards due to the overall dire state of releases this year - lottery slots, RTPs drifting down, shit HTML5 conversions, crap bonus frequency, total removal of autospin (in some cases), raping games aplenty. It's not been great. Someone get me a time machine back to 2013...

That said, please let me be the sole weirdo in the blue anorak, stood outside with a big placard and a flask of weak tea - it is NOT my intention to try and derail the awards process in any way, or to start a trend here - ok? :)

Good year for blueprint and pragmatic. Also a very good year for PUSH. Some of their releases have been very popular. Almost all the releases actually.

This is in terms of entertainment value and not only what a slot pays. Something that has me depositing because I love the graphics, sounds and bonus rounds.

#1. Buffalo Rising Blueprint
#2. Goonies
#3. Inspector gadget
#4. Laser Fruit
#5. Genie Jackpots MW

I would vote for Pekking but I dont think they should be putting win up to 180,000x your bet just to try and be attractive like bonanza with the fake news unlimited multiplier etc

Worst slot. Book of Gods. Terrible payouts. Bonus buy slots should all be everyones worst slot (cept for buffalo rising and genie jackpots ;p). Same with Extra Chili. Bonus buy. gamble feature is scamaz!

Sadly I cant play 4 out of 5 of my favs anymore because of some drama queens :oops:

Gonna change the worst slot to who wants to be a millionaire. The more I played this thing the worse I saw how it plays. Its basically a netent game. Kills your balance in the base game and gives you no chance to recover it as almost all bonuses pay around 10-30x. Base game just destroys you then you finally get the bonus and try for 10 spins and lose. I lost 3 times in a row trying to get to 10.

I did five $100+100 on 60 cent bets. Never once got above my start balance. So threw $1000 on this between bonuses and my deposits and lost it all on this game without ever getting a good hit at all. Think my best hit was around 40x.

I see a few people picking this game as their worst so hopefully it wins because it absolutely deserves it.

Apologies to Dunover..

This player is boycotting the 2018 awards due to the overall dire state of releases this year - lottery slots, RTPs drifting down, shit HTML5 conversions, crap bonus frequency, total removal of autospin (in some cases), raping games aplenty. It's not been great. Someone get me a time machine back to 2013...

That said, please let me be the sole weirdo in the blue anorak, stood outside with a big placard and a flask of weak tea - it is NOT my intention to try and derail the awards process in any way, or to start a trend here - ok? :)
No worries - entry is not compulsory, spoiled ballot papers accepted. :thumbsup:

I am sure that you noticed before my intervention :)
I never had Reactoonz on the list in the first place!
No, I didn't notice he had put a void game in until you and Goatie pointed it out - hence why I quoted you when I said I'd disregard it.:confused:

Laser Fruit
Vikings Go To Hell
Sweet Alchemy
Esqueleto Mariachi
Napoleon
Tosser : Book of Gods (every bonus pays 1/4 of buyin - no thanks)

Dont have a top slot list cause they took away all my slots that I like so I dont have anything positive to say.

But worst slot is WWTBAM. I think they tried to make this slot for streamers to interact with their viewers. The problem is you cant make something so repetitive because it didnt take long at all to have almost entire twitch thinking this game is awful. I mean seriously, chat is going to witness how every single bonus is like 10x and the base game just eats you away every bloody time.

I get the idea they had for it - just terribly put together. I think a lot of the rtp is in the 117k ways in the bonus because getting even 100x-200x on this slot is mega rare and has to be about 20 times harder to get on this slot compared to any others.

Boy oh boy what an absolute stinker.

My nominations for best slots of the year

1. Legacy Of Egypt. I always feel that I am just one spin away from hitting the bonus round and I get a buzz of anticipation when it does. This slot can pay too.

2. Napoleon Rise Of An Empire.

3. Wild Heist At Peacock Manor - despite never seeing anyone get that golden ticket

4. Donuts

5. Extra Chilli

Worst? Too many to mention

ive had golden card in 3 consecutive free spins features. I really think it was tempered with, because now you get it much more often but it doesnt guarantee you big win at all (biggest pay from those features with golden card was around 120x).

Thats one thing i hate about thunderkick slots. Their version changes. Ive seen so many of their slot play and pay well on release, just to have it changed to completely different game, some 84 updates later (which trace said is very expensive thing to do). As soon as i see version 2.xx on their slots, i instantly close it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back