World Cup 2022 FIFA 2022 World Cup (Qatar) - Who will be the Winner?

World Cup 2022

Who will be the FIFA 2022 World Cup Winner?

• Argentina

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Belguium

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Brazil

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Cameroon

• Canada

• Costa Rica

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Croatia

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Denmark

• Ecuador

• England

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • France

• Germany

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ghana

• Iran

• Japan

• Mexico

• Morocco

• Netherlands

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Poland

• Portugal

• Qatar

• Saudi Arabia

• Senegal

• Serbia

• South Korea

• Spain

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Switzerland

• Tunisia

• USA

• Uruguay

• Wales

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The real world cup starts soon - a set of pegs is placed in the centre circle and has points allocated to each, while the players throw armbands at them scoring for each one landing over. England are joint favourites.

The 14:00 news is on now, it seems armbands are more important than the football.

If the players/FA/media feel that strongly about politicking then the players can each decide to FUCK-OFF back to England or the FA can withdraw the team or the pundits can eschew their mega earnings for their banal observations and campaign for the return of the squad. Otherwise, STFU and try to remember it's a FOOTBALL tournament. Stop being so arrogant and assuming that western democracies are so perfect that it's unpalatable that every other country in the world doesn't want to be the same as us. A kind of modern day 'ethical' colonialism.

Sick to fucking death of it all and the bloody tournament isn't even 24 hours old yet...

Jesus Christ, that was the world's longest match

No doubting it was an impressive start - the shape of the team looks good, there was purpose, passion and great finishing. England did their part too.

Worse than all that though is witnessing the commentators and pundits cream themselves as though England's already won the WC!

Senegal v Holland's turning out to be a fairly watchable contest. It's all blood & thunder and 100mph pace, even if the end- product is lacking!

Rare to see early group games start with such fervour - albeit it's still goalless - but there's a lot on show from a neutral perpective. Just two evenly- matched teams giving it a go, unlike the powderpuff Qatar offering and Iran's capitulation!

But this Dutch side look pretty formative, and a tad 'nervy', probably down to their all-new look after years of transition. Not much Total Football, as of yet....

Yet......

Senegal v Holland's turning out to be a fairly watchable contest. It's all blood & thunder and 100mph pace, even if the end- product is lacking!

Rare to see early group games start with such fervour - albeit it's still goalless - but there's a lot on show from a neutral perpective. Just two evenly- matched teams giving it a go, unlike the powderpuff Qatar offering and Iran's capitulation!

But this Dutch side look pretty formative, and a tad 'nervy', probably down to their all-new look after years of transition. Not much Total Football, as of yet....

Yet......
Nope. That's banned in Qatar.

TBH, i'd be happy to upgrade the 1966 to 2022, not because i particularly want England to win, but just that it's something new to remember. Or, be reminded of. Repeatedly.
What do you mean? You've still got Archie Gemmill's goal to remember from 1978 lol...

How dare you associate me with the Scots; it's Healy's '05 goal i live my life by :p
OK Gerry Armstrong's from 1982 then. And getting to knockouts, something the Scots haven't done since 1958.

OK Gerry Armstrong's from 1982 then. And getting to knockouts, something the Scots haven't done since 1958.
Saving self for the next Indyref result, as the KO :p

Reminds me of a player who was pretty brilliant when you think of past bygones: Big Duncan F. Was watching some of his earlier days at Everton: talk about kicking a ball long and jt sticking to a players head. Pretty sure Scotland were robbed of a few WC's:p

The real world cup starts soon - a set of pegs is placed in the centre circle and has points allocated to each, while the players throw armbands at them scoring for each one landing over. England are joint favourites.

The 14:00 news is on now, it seems armbands are more important than the football.

If the players/FA/media feel that strongly about politicking then the players can each decide to FUCK-OFF back to England or the FA can withdraw the team or the pundits can eschew their mega earnings for their banal observations and campaign for the return of the squad. Otherwise, STFU and try to remember it's a FOOTBALL tournament. Stop being so arrogant and assuming that western democracies are so perfect that it's unpalatable that every other country in the world doesn't want to be the same as us. A kind of modern day 'ethical' colonialism.

Sick to fucking death of it all and the bloody tournament isn't even 24 hours old yet...

The World Cup should have never gone to Qatar in the first place, and it's only thanks to the astonishing corruption of FIFA that it ended up there, with Qatar basically buying/bribing/intimidating their way to become the hosts.

The web of sleaze behind it all is astonishing, like Qatar placing an order for 50 massive Airbus jets with France after Sarkozy told Platini to flip his vote from the USA to Qatar.

Yes it's a football tournament, but I find it hard to ignore the backdrop to where and how it's being held, and that's before you even get into the fact that the infrastructure for it all was literally built on the back of modern slavery.

I'm conflicted TBH, I do enjoy watching England play and I want them to do well. If they manage to progress to the quarter-finals or better I'll watch the games, but the fact the tournament is being held in Qatar is rotten to the core, as is FIFA itself.

Yes, amazing really, how when 'Qatar' was announced back in 2010 how little people cared about the country's stance on homosexuality, as well as being aware of their deployment of slave labour, as that is nothing new, nor that they've had the same attitudes about both themes for decades, if not centuries?

Didn't see twelve years of protestation and preemptive threats to boycott the event, but in its stead, we got "Cor blimey, that World Cup's gonna be a bit hot, innit", which was about the extent of people's concerns.

Of course now, everyone's 'outraged' at Qatar's human rights record, as though it's something they devised in a brainstorming session to piss of the Western Hemisphere, and are somehow of the belief that wearing 'One Love' armbands will make them see the error of their ways. It's simply another 'cause' to latch on to, all whilst partaking in the tournament. Surely better to boycott the event at the last minute then, to really drive the message home?

But of course no, money talks, and half these players and managers care about it as long as it's 'trending', as you can be sure it'll be forgotten once the festivities are over. And lest we forget, their 'empathy' only extends so far, as many have chosen NOT to openly defy their hosts, by NOT wearing armbands, for fear of player suspensions/ fines/ being thrown out of the competition. How's that for stunning and brave!

Also not a peep from Lineker, current players or managers when Qatar was announced for 2022, and the country was throwing homosexual men off buildings or 'transitioning' them into women - the silence was deafening!

But hey-ho, I guess people will be as incensed up to the point they're not, and exhibit their selective outrage dependent on the games they want to watch. After all, that's what freedom's all about, right? :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back