World Cup 2022 FIFA 2022 World Cup (Qatar) - Who will be the Winner?

World Cup 2022

Who will be the FIFA 2022 World Cup Winner?

• Argentina

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Belguium

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Brazil

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Cameroon

• Canada

• Costa Rica

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Croatia

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Denmark

• Ecuador

• England

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • France

• Germany

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ghana

• Iran

• Japan

• Mexico

• Morocco

• Netherlands

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Poland

• Portugal

• Qatar

• Saudi Arabia

• Senegal

• Serbia

• South Korea

• Spain

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Switzerland

• Tunisia

• USA

• Uruguay

• Wales

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was thinking; where's the outrage/vile directed at those who (rightly) decided not to take the knee for BLM, when it came to this tournament.

Seems outrage is rather selective/politically motivated - who'd have guessed: all it took to stop it was the threat of a yellow card before a boot struck a ball :laugh:

The World Cup should have never gone to Qatar in the first place, and it's only thanks to the astonishing corruption of FIFA that it ended up there, with Qatar basically buying/bribing/intimidating their way to become the hosts.

The web of sleaze behind it all is astonishing, like Qatar placing an order for 50 massive Airbus jets with France after Sarkozy told Platini to flip his vote from the USA to Qatar.

Yes it's a football tournament, but I find it hard to ignore the backdrop to where and how it's being held, and that's before you even get into the fact that the infrastructure for it all was literally built on the back of modern slavery.

I'm conflicted TBH, I do enjoy watching England play and I want them to do well. If they manage to progress to the quarter-finals or better I'll watch the games, but the fact the tournament is being held in Qatar is rotten to the core, as is FIFA itself.
Oh FFS! Now he's starting a Qexit thread...

Oh FFS! Now he's starting a Qexit thread...

I like the sound of that, cheers dunover, I'll be able to enjoy the football whilst also being suitably outraged at the hideousness of all the dead bodies the footballers are playing on top of.

You know, I think you might be onto something here, there's possibly a version of this you can do that involves the UK leaving the EU.....

I'm sure the EU would love to rewrite the governance rules for fifa or even the game itself, one thing they haven't been able [yet] to get their power hungry mittens on! :p

edit: Not defending or ignoring the worker's deaths building the stadiums and infrastructure, apparently it's around 6500 since the WC was awarded, it is sad.

Last edited:
Some viewing if anyone wants to clue themselves up a bit. Short version is the infrastructure was built by slaves, thousands of whom died. FIFA is hugely corrupt, Qatar bribed and intimidated their way to being hosts, Qatar itself is a very unpleasant place to be if you're gay (or lots of other things), and the whole affair is the absolute epitome of the rottenness at the core of FIFA and the World Cup. Doesn't mean the football can't still be enjoyed, but the context around it shouldn't be ignored - those stadiums and associated infrastructure were built at the cost of thousands of human lives.

Got a bet on Argentina to win heavily.. guess that was a mistake against lowly saudi. guess it shows anyone can win! :laugh: Argentina been pretty aweful though.

Wow - that has to rank as one of the greatest footballing upsets in WC history, if not the greatest!

We have witnessed something special for sure. I didn't even think SA were capable of winning games! Truly deserved though, they played with real character :thumbsup:

Wow - that has to rank as one of the greatest footballing upsets in WC history, if not the greatest!

We have witnessed something special for sure. I didn't even think SA were capable of winning games! Truly deserved though, they played with real character :thumbsup:
USA 1 - 0 England 1950
Algeria 2 - 1 West Germany 1982
Cameroon 1 - 0 Argentina 1990
Senegal 1 - 0 France 2002
Saudi Arabia 2 -1 Argentina 2022

Yes, this easily makes the top 5 of all time.

It was looking still pretty good about ten minutes ago, with the score still at 2-1. Now France are scoring for fun!

anchorman-escalated.gif

Don't stress it. The Canadians are going to be way too polite to win.

"Hey there buddy, I see it's still 0-0. Would you like a penalty, friend?" before hacking the Belgian attacker down in the area in the 89th minute.

That's not just sportsmanship, that's Canadian sportsmanship 🍁

Let's not forget the 1990 eng vs belgium classic, fair play to Belgium in my lifetime they've always punched above their weight in terms of size of country to world football ranking, [I don't think I've ever seen them let in 3 goals or be thrashed] and the match commentators would always pick out Enzo scifo as their danger man and top player, and he was pretty good.

I have a small theory England will do well in this tournament not because of the tactical and motivational brilliance of Southgate, but because the players want to be out there in Qatar enjoying the sunshine as long as possible, rather than back home traipsing around on damp cold training pitches.

Let's not forget the 1990 eng vs belgium classic, fair play to Belgium in my lifetime they've always punched above their weight in terms of size of country to world football ranking, [I don't think I've ever seen them let in 3 goals or be thrashed] and the match commentators would always pick out Enzo scifo as their danger man and top player, and he was pretty good.

I have a small theory England will do well in this tournament not because of the tactical and motivational brilliance of Southgate, but because the players want to be out there in Qatar enjoying the sunshine as long as possible, rather than back home traipsing around on damp cold training pitches.

Classic nightmare... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back