Brexit - whats the difference.....

We have been warned that the powers that be want us to reduce our meat consumption by up to 90% for quite some time now and there is a worldwide move to push us to it. It is not simply a UK/EU issue.

So from glancing over the last few pages, am I right in thinking gammon for Xmas dinner?
No as that comes from a pig.

Supposedly all pigs will be culled and no more bacon gammon or pork sausages.

Would say just be Veg. But no doubt the EU will ban us from Brussels sprouts as well because of Brexit.

And supposedly doesn't matter as by christmas all shops will have no food at all and be no petrol to drive for messages anyway.

So from glancing over the last few pages, am I right in thinking gammon for Xmas dinner?
Or beef. Or chicken. Or turkey twizzlers as apparently they won't be affected. Or lamb. I am waiting for these mythical shortages to appear locally, still haven't, just been up Morrissons and not a single sodding car in the open fuel station either.

I am going to mash up a great lump of quorn, bleach it a bit, add some chicken flavouring and mould it to look like a turkey crown.

Hope everyone's up-to-date on the latest buzzwords doing the rounds, in this case 'levelling up'. Is everyone feeling levelled-up today?

In the big cack-blur that is Brexit/ Corona and whatever else, Doofy has told the nation that there will be no more drift and dither about the 2016 Referendum, a clamping down on immigration so a to drive wages up, and a bit of a Winter of discontent a-comin', as further tax rises are sure to follow.

This is to save the NHS, which the nation was told to save, and thought were saving, but has apparently not really been saved and taken a 'meteoric' hit. The same NHS we subsidize to save us and wasn't granted to the populace by Tinkerbell, incidentally.

Also some ramblings in that wobble-headed way of his about knowing this was always going to happen, and planned for, you sillies

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I'm trying to get my head around the utter failure of logic in your post Webzcas, but like a slot that just refuses to spin a round, I get a 'server error' every time I try.
It is quite simple, James O'Brien is an agenda driven individual who as soon as I see or hear him, I automatically switch off. QED

It is quite simple, James O'Brien is an agenda driven individual who as soon as I see or hear him, I automatically switch off. QED

'Opinionated radio presenter is agenda driven' shocker. Nice to verify the Hitler stuff was a load of nonsense at least. You just don't like the guy.

Also, it's possible to not like someone or their agenda, and for them to still be right.

I'm curious if you'd actually take issue with any of the substance of what's said in that clip. (If you really don't want to watch it, then it's summarised in my post.)

Poland's top court rules against primacy of EU law -msn/DW

"The attempt by the European Court of Justice to involve itself with Polish legal mechanisms violates ... the rules that give priority to the constitution and rules that respect sovereignty amid the process of European integration," the ruling said.

A ruling by the ECJ in March said that the EU can force member states to disregard certain provisions in national law, including constitutional law.

-----

Unelected EU busy bodies try to tell national elected politicians how to govern, part: lost count

Last edited:
So we're headed for a Pexit? :eek:
Polexit
Brexit
Gerexit
Frexit
Belexit
Holexit
Spexit
Porexit
Luxexit
Hungexit
Swexit
Denexit
Czechit
Slovexit
Romexit
Slovaxit
Eirexit
Finexit
Itexit
Bulgexit
Cyprexit
Crexit
Estexit
Maltexit
Lithexit
Grexit

Mmmmm... none fall of the tongue easily aside from Greece (possibly) and France (not on your nellie).

Or beef. Or chicken. Or turkey twizzlers as apparently they won't be affected. Or lamb. I am waiting for these mythical shortages to appear locally, still haven't, just been up Morrissons and not a single sodding car in the open fuel station either.

I am going to mash up a great lump of quorn, bleach it a bit, add some chicken flavouring and mould it to look like a turkey crown.
Mate you are missing what is developing worldwide with the vast reduction in meat farming.

Further affirmation of a Polexit likelihood. EU's delving into individual states' sovereignty is one biscuit taken too many, and almost amazing that a country dare preserve its own constitution, tsk

One can almost hear the wailing of ministers into their chouquettes

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Polexit
Brexit
Gerexit
Frexit
Belexit
Holexit
Spexit
Porexit
Luxexit
Hungexit
Swexit
Denexit
Czechit
Slovexit
Romexit
Slovaxit
Eirexit
Finexit
Itexit
Bulgexit
Cyprexit
Crexit
Estexit
Maltexit
Lithexit
Grexit

Mmmmm... none fall of the tongue easily aside from Greece (possibly) and France (not on your nellie).
If Myanmar where European would it be Myexit?

2016: Brexit will improve your lives
2018: Project fear
2021: The following food shortages are actually good

Some impressive mental gymnastics from GB News which is now telling us that the shortages that Brexit would definitely not lead to, and definitely isn't responsible for, are actually a good thing anyway.

1633774449467.png

If only the brexiteers had known about last year's covid lockdown and the dvla backlog 5 years ago, then I'm sure their predictions would've been more accurate.

I don't even remember project fear listing shortage of hgv drivers; business became dependent on cheap (don't like that word but that's how they would've seen it) labour, some didn't address the problem of when it would be cut off. But if the dvla had processed the 56,000 hgv applications/tests, it's likely that issue would be far less.

Remainers are in effect arguing for an unlimited supply line of lower cost foreign labour, when you boil it down that's what membership meant, most people realised it was causing knock on problems, public services being stretched and pay suppressed being two.

If only the brexiteers had known about last year's covid lockdown and the dvla backlog 5 years ago, then I'm sure their predictions would've been more accurate.

I don't even remember project fear listing shortage of hgv drivers; business became dependent on cheap (don't like that word but that's how they would've seen it) labour, some didn't address the problem of when it would be cut off. But if the dvla had processed the 56,000 hgv applications/tests, it's likely that issue would be far less.

Remainers are in effect arguing for an unlimited supply line of lower cost foreign labour, when you boil it down that's what membership meant, most people realised it was causing knock on problems, public services being stretched and pay suppressed being two.

Not really, there's nothing stopping any national government putting whatever employment and wage laws into effect they want, in or out of the EU. Zero hours contracts and a minimum wage that is far too low, for example, have a lot to answer for. (I'd like to see the former outlawed and the latter be a lot higher.)

Also, there's not a great deal of evidence to back up the pay suppression argument, it definitely did happen to a limited degree in certain sectors, but the overall impact was a lot less than many people imagine. I'll see if I can find the studies/research into it, I was reading over some of it a few weeks ago.

Project Fear (now rebranded as Project Reality) cited labour shortages in many areas as a near certain consequence of a hard Brexit, and that's exactly what's happened.

Not really, there's nothing stopping any national government putting whatever employment and wage laws into effect they want, in or out of the EU. Zero hours contracts and a minimum wage that is far too low, for example, have a lot to answer for. (I'd like to see the former outlawed and the latter be a lot higher.)

Also, there's not a great deal of evidence to back up the pay suppression argument, it definitely did happen to a limited degree in certain sectors, but the overall impact was a lot less than many people imagine. I'll see if I can find the studies/research into it, I was reading over some of it a few weeks ago.

Project Fear (now rebranded as Project Reality) cited labour shortages in many areas as a near certain consequence of a hard Brexit, and that's exactly what's happened.
It has quite an impact on people when there are 500 applying for a job instead of say 50, most people in europe seem to be able to speak good english, that's not the same for italian or dutch, french etc...that played a part in the inbalance, before 2005 you had a bit of labour movement which was sustainable but after it skyrocketed.

The EU members have recently cited similar concerns in deciding not to allow the balkan countries/states to join, without the uk as the main country of attraction they'd be having to cope with millions more workers seeking work in theirs, causing pressures.

Don't forget the increasing demand on housing, education, health services, policing, social security etc...

I agree the min wage should be more realistic to living costs, but it can't keep up with housing costs in the SE, and some foreign workers were happy to room share and send as much saved money home. They were being exploited in a way, with poor housing conditions, criminal rings, gangmasters and all sorts, people trafficking for pimps etc...

Edit: Agree re zero hr contracts, I have a distinct feeling they came in during labour's tenure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back