Absolute Poker is absolutely rigged. (New evidence, near certain proof its rigged).

One thing - it ain't over yet. What needs to be determined at this stage is how long has this been going on? Obviously, there is a super-admin account, or whatever you want to call it, and my guess is that it has probably been used before this episode.

I have played with two accounts that have been accused of being related to AP founders years ago. Although there is nothing fishy from what I have records of you can be sure the insiders have been playing in these games for years.

Also thank you to all that have thanked me for the time out into this. Much of it was simply reporting what was found but I was able to help some since I have first hand knowledge of AP's operations. Also their spam helped hang them. They created several spam accounts at 2+2 using emails that were eventually linked to AP/KGC IP's and AP insider owned domains as well as emails that helped tie it all together. Most of my help came from chasing those leads down since I have been all over their disgusting spam at 2+2 all year. It's nice to know spammers left evidence that eventually helped break this investigation and link accounts to current and former AP insiders. I am finally happy that Absolute Poker has been spamming and shilling 2+2 for a year. :) These same spammers are several of the same insiders accused of all this cheating and they helped us catch them.

Really the thanks go out to JoseM, Nat, Marco and Adanthar. They helped discover and break down that 65,000 + line spreadsheet into something we could all understand. Without that none of this would have been possible.

'Absolute Poker on Friday morning admitted an "internal breach" following accusations from the online poker community that a company "employee" had been able to see other players whole cards.

An official from the company admitted the breach and that Absolute had only uncovered who the culprit was Thursday afternoon.'

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

They wouldn't try to pin it on whoever sent the Excel file out, would they?

Last edited:
Hmmm. It worked for me, but much slower than the first time. Here is the full text:

'Absolute Poker on Friday morning admitted an "internal breach" following accusations from the online poker community that a company "employee" had been able to see other players whole cards.

An official from the company admitted the breach and that Absolute had only uncovered who the culprit was Thursday afternoon.

"Players who were affected by this unfortunately situation will be paid in full," the official told Gambling911.com. "Furthermore, a third party investigation has already gotten underway and we will be inviting anyone from the online poker community who wants to take part in this investigation as a means of ensuring how committed we are to getting this matter resolved."

No management personnel were involved in this incident, the company official relayed.

"The person in question knew the internal system at Absolute Poker intimately. We want to ensure everybody that no person can hack into our system from the outside."

Absolute Poker is working diligently to have this matter resolved.

"We need to prove to the online poker community that this can never happen again," the official said.

A company statement sent out to the public was expected by late afternoon Friday.

----

Christopher Costigan, Gambling911.com Publisher

Originally published October 19, 2007 10:59 am ET'

Two questions:
1) Have you ever played blackjack at English Harbour?
2) How would you like your bug, medium-well?

Just kidding. I've never played at AP so I can't say which game is "crookeder". :D

Interestingly, there is a Link Removed ( Old/Invalid) between English Harbour and Nine.com. Or at least there was at one time. Supposedly Leisure and Gaming Plc handed off their properties accepting US business to a "private group" in 2006.

"Furthermore, a third party investigation has already gotten underway and we will be inviting anyone from the online poker community who wants to take part in this investigation as a means of ensuring how committed we are to getting this matter resolved."

How does one get involved? The reason I ask is because this smells like a big pile of........

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I don't know whether to :lolup: or:puke: more likely :sniper:

There's something else newsworthy hidden in that MSNBC article - the author seems to imply that there are laws in Costa Rica! :confused: :eek: :D

So a month ago AP says nothing happened, then a month later admits there was some chip dumping, now they claim an insider showed them up. They claim the hacker never intended to cash out, why dump all those chips they have already admitted to happening? If AP had not been busted out they would have kept this money forever, that makes them in on it even if this BS is true.

The whole thing is absurd.

So a month ago AP says nothing happened, then a month later admits there was some chip dumping, now they claim an insider showed them up. They claim the hacker never intended to cash out, why dump all those chips they have already admitted to happening? If AP had not been busted out they would have kept this money forever, that makes them in on it even if this BS is true.

The whole thing is absurd.
You made some good points there.

This is literally a geek trying to prove to senior management that they were wrong and he took it too far, he said.

a geek come on cant they do better then that??

I think that the reasons this got handled the way that it has, with a happy ending, is because the overwhelming majority of people in the industry want things to be run in a fair and honest way, said Small of Pocketfives.com. There is a perception that a lot of people in the industry are thieves, but thats not the case for the most part. When something like this happens, the rest of the people, as soon as they catch wind of it band together and look for ways to pool information and bring people down who have done harm to them.

Happy Ending for who??

I haven't checked the poker forums yet but has AP actually made the official statement yet?

I see nothing on their home page about it, but their testimonials page still gives the impression that everything is A-okay:

Dear Staff:
Just a thank you for being the very best the industry has to offer. You guys rock.
Thanks,
Bobbie

:puke:

Interestingly, there is a Link Removed ( Old/Invalid) between English Harbour and Nine.com. Or at least there was at one time. Supposedly Leisure and Gaming Plc handed off their properties accepting US business to a "private group" in 2006.

what's nine.com go to do with anything?

This looks like another English Harbour to be honest. Quick cover-up, come up with any excuse that vaguely fits and carry on as if nothing happened:

"The cheater, whose illegitimate winnings were estimated at between $400,000 and $700,000 by one victim, was an employee of AbsolutePoker.com who hacked the system to show that it could be done"

Yeah right. Just for fun.

“This is literally a geek trying to prove to senior management that they were wrong and he took it too far,” he said.

The spokesman said the employee did not withdraw any of the money from the accounts that were used in the scheme.

No explanation of the chip dumping.

I believe there was a link reported in a thread somewhere between somebody possibly implicated in the Absolute mess (AJ Green, was it?) and nine.com. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it.

Don't get stupid and derail this thread, please? If anybody can point to collusion, point. Make a thread related to it. I'm not a poker player so i have a hard time following grudges.

Allegedly, "Potripper", the primary account in question was registered to an executive at nine.com. This is early information though, and lacks a verifiable source.

AJ Green was the name given as the account holder.

Allegedly, "Potripper", the primary account in question was registered to an executive at nine.com. This is early information though, and lacks a verifiable source.

AJ Green was the name given as the account holder.

Please create fora for this.

Widely distributed by Absolute Poker:

"Dear valued player,

Absolute Poker has identified an internal security breach that compromised our systems for a limited period of time. The cause of the breach has been determined and completely resolved. In addition, all necessary resources, both internal and external, have been engaged to ensure this does not happen again. Our investigation is not fully concluded, and we wish to thank the extended poker community for any and all assistance related to the matter.

Game integrity has always and continues to be of the utmost importance at Absolute Poker. The Management of Absolute Poker is appalled by these findings, and is committed to our players and to the integrity of our site and the online poker industry.

All players affected by the security breach will be identified during the audit process that has been initiated and all funds, including interest, will be returned. Absolute Poker would like to apologize for the recent events and is committed to diligently working with outside security firms, auditing firms, the extended poker community and the Kahnawake Gaming Commission to ensure the situation is entirely resolved.

A comprehensive statement will be forthcoming shortly providing more details of the situation."

Following up on this, according to 911, Absolute has denied any involvement by Scott Tomm, but has thrown more light on the mysterious xls file, which was apparently sent out by a staffer through sheer laziness.

Quote:

An employee responsible for sending out the so-called "smoking gun" spread sheet with confidential client information (as well as the server info of the suspect players leading to Absolute's own server) did so out of "laziness".

"Instead of looking up specific information that had been requested, he could not find this information and simply shot the whole spread sheet to a customer," we were told by an executive at Absolute.

That [unnamed] employee was terminated and Absolute Poker is working to ensure that such an instance never happens again.

Information launched to the customer could potentially have been changed, according to management, though this is something that cannot be ascertained at this juncture in time.

Another important bit of information is the relationship to one-time partner in Absolute, Scott Tomm, and his role (or nonrole) in the "breach".

"Scott Tomm had no involvement in this matter," the representative said, adding that the former Absolute exec could have been "maliciously implicated". Unquote

Does anyone else catch a whiff of red herrings or a variety of escape routes being prepared here?

well i for one haven't seen any proof yet and untill there is and anyone can prove to me and lotso that ap ever did anything wrong i think everyone should just back off and let them make an honest living like the rest of us:eek:

Of course we also have claims made to MSN.com by yet another anonymous AP spokesman that there was a mysterious and so far unidentified hacker involved who had detailed knowledge of the AP systems, seems to have been in-house and went too far in trying to prove a point to the management.....

Lots of different routes being laid out here, methinks LOL.

'Information launched to the customer could potentially have been changed, according to management, though this is something that cannot be ascertained at this juncture in time.'

lol. They still have the spreadsheet, in its original form, or the data from which it was generated. Even if they don't have a copy of the spreadsheet that is now being circulated, they can see the information that has been taken from it being discussed. Yet they can't yet tell whether they are the same. Or are they trying to say that the lazy employee went to the trouble of altering the spreadsheet? Or the data on their system?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back