A Bookies view of Self Exclusion

neilw

Moderator of Live Games forum
Staff member
webmeister
CAG
MM
A Bookie friend of mine who's generally vocal about issues facing the gaming industry has written this piece about Self Exclusion. IMO he talks a lot of sense.
Rather than just ranting, he's prepared to help the regulators get it right.

Hope you enjoy the read.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Neil.

A Bookie friend of mine who's generally vocal about issues facing the gaming industry has written this piece about Self Exclusion. IMO he talks a lot of sense.
Rather than just ranting, he's prepared to help the regulators get it right.

Hope you enjoy the read.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Neil.
Page not found! Duff link.

Interesting article. How self-exclusion is done on a whim by many punters for the smallest reasons, only to play somewhere else that day, and that the system is fundamentally broken.

Used as an exploit too. The responsibility always lies with the individual - no one can expect bookies to babysit players and manage their impulses. It's only fair to see the other side of the argument once in a while :cool:

Well the first sentence is utter BS. Lots of VLT markets (Greece for example) have self exclusion. And they are easier to enforce as all players have to use a player card to log in.

You can’t start and article with a blatant lie just for sympathy purposes.

It’s a very badly written article in my opinion. It totally ignores the fact GamStop is coming soon and instead seems to infer nothing is being done. Which is a lie

Well the first sentence is utter BS. Lots of VLT markets (Greece for example) have self exclusion. And they are easier to enforce as all players have to use a player card to log in.

You can’t start and article with a blatant lie just for sympathy purposes.

It’s a very badly written article in my opinion. It totally ignores the fact GamStop is coming soon and instead seems to infer nothing is being done. Which is a lie

It's this Bookies view, personally I think he's right to question and challenge self exclusion as it stands and also to highlight there is more that could and should be done with the new changes.
He does mention Gamstop and suggests they haven't done enough research.
I like that a bookie has a view, just as we players have. There should be more debate so that new solutions are fit for purpose.

I don't see what problem he has with Self Exclusion being 6 months, any player can use the Take a Break option for up to 6 weeks in most cases so depending on the severity they should be able to pick one of the other.

As someone who has literally last week had to self exclude from everywhere because of a serious gambling addiction the process of Self Exclusion and Gamstop when it comes in couldn't be better managed. The only annoying thing about some operators is them NOT having an automatic Self Exclusion process. I was at absolutely rock bottom this time last week and pretty much still am. Did I really want to be talking to people on Live Chat when I just NEEDED to close everything as quickly as possible.

Reversing withdrawals that have sometimes been sat there for 2 months because of low withdrawal limits are the one that got me. Something that flies directly at odds with Responsible Gaming but there seems to be absolutely no mention of that anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back