Will you return to Covid restrictions and mask wearing?

I've just remembered this :eek2:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Foreign visitors have been upset by China’s anal swab tests for COVID-19, prompting complaints of inconvenience and even psychological trauma, and stoking debate over their necessity.

The Chinese Center for Disease Control says the test is performed with a sterile cotton swab, which looks like a very long ear bud, that is inserted 3 cm to 5 cm (1.2 inches to 2 inches) into the anus before being gently rotated out.

Early this week, Tokyo complained about the tests on some Japanese travellers to China, saying they had caused “great psychological pain”

South Korean visitors can now submit stool samples instead of “Chinese authorities taking them directly”, Choi Young-Sam, a spokesman of the South Korean foreign ministry, said on Tuesday [I knew his dad choi old-sam :oops:]

Galicia, in northwest Spain, has performed them on some hospitalised patients, a few newborns and those with psychiatric illnesses for whom it was impossible to administer nasal swabs, its health department told Reuters.
Imagine if this was the only way….

FWIW, Mack...do you. :)
I don't personally hang on left nor right (minds outta gutters, tyvm) - I generally use the metric of friends and fam then outward mixed with good due diligence.

Again, do you.
I'll home-stay if needs must again.

Read on in the article:

In other words whatever they found -- or think they found -- apparently applies to masks just removed from their sealed packaging which is likely the actual source of the problem. N95 masks are typically reused several times before being discarded so one would expect that whatever risk there was would have long since dissipated under normal use, as the study itself suggested. Typical Daily Mail pseudo-journalism, never pass on an opportunity to alarm people with bogus or misconstrued information.
Depending on what we are doing, we use the N95s 3 times max but usually toss it after one use unless we are wearing them when just wandering the hallways. They can be used a bit more though.

Then I have the joy of wearing this. One day I will wear it on the subway I swear.

1.jpg

Dudebro.....look up two posts and you'll find I already mentioned that. C- for attention- deficit :p

I don't believe even medical- grade masks are intended for extensive use, surely. I'd imagine the mask turnover's pretty high say in the medical profession, for the very reasons stated!

So wear them too long, they propel chemical resins and toxins, to go with respiratory issues. Couple that with the majority of users that wear them for durations, only to have momentary 'lapses' whereby they cough, sneeze, touch their face or mask, rub their eyes etc., somehow of the belief they're protecting themselves and others :laugh:

All the pandemic has ultimately proven is how unhygienic the masses are. People would happily share their hygiene apathy before in public, that's nothing new. Yet when people flouted basic etiquette under their designer mouthwear it really took the biscuit. Little wonder they're termed The Great Unwashed - they ain't wrong!

Only place masks ought to feature prominently is on public transport, that's one place where they're surely needed, and where many Asian countries treat it like it's not even an issue.

Fact is, I highly doubt many use the masks as intended, and most will view them as an accessory, or simply pantomime. And those clinging to the belief that their overuse is beneficial long-term have seemingly had a number done on them, aka Munchausen Syndrome. Not much else to say :cool:
If you want to catch a virus go sit on public transportation during rush hour lol. There is a joke at work "well I don't feel like coming in tomorrow so Im going to take the subway"

FWIW, Mack...do you. :)
I don't personally hang on left nor right (minds outta gutters, tyvm) - I generally use the metric of friends and fam then outward mixed with good due diligence.

Again, do you.
I'll home-stay if needs must again.

Dio you've had it once iirc, so know what it's like [depending on the variant], gives you a better idea of where it is on the scale of danger.

I'd put temporary mask wearing lower down on my concern list - compared to say having a novel vax forced on me - I believe the immune system can handle most things unassisted [until perhaps you're old or extra vulnerable due to asthma etc..] like flu and covid. Though they can be nasty and you don't want them ideally.

If possible I avoid getting near anyone I hear coughing, it's not just about yourself, there's a risk of passing bugs onto folk who it may cause more of a problem to. But you can only do so much though before it could become an obsessive worry that doesn't leave you, and that can be self-reinforcing when the actual risks are low at that time.

... I would not bother wearing any of the disposable face masks ... as they offer little to no protection whatsoever. ...
There is loads of evidence to the contrary but the
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
is not a bad place to start:
n95.png
IIRC the "95" in N95 means that the mask -- when properly fitted, of course -- filters out 95% of airborne particles of 0.3 microns (300 nm) diameter or less. Covid virus particles range between 50 nm to 140 nm.

Given that we live in the "post truth" era you can obviously find contradictory statements a-plenty: fill your boots if that's what you're into. It all comes down to what information sources you trust and what you want to believe. And how much you like playing Russian Roulette with your long term health.

Last edited:
Sorry, my bad. Bit gunshy about the level of disinformation going around, assumed you were talking about N95s and couldn't bear to let that pass without comment. Of course you're right, the rubbish fabric masks would be just as useful if you shoved them up your bum, to loosely paraphrase Rents in Trainspotting.

Considering natural immunity is now the proven best method of dealing with Covid, and the new strain is comparable to the second or third edition of the virus (which had very low mortality rates compared to Omnicron), I won't be wearing a mask.

I won't be getting any form of mRNA vaccine either. From what I understand, exercise, healthy eating, plenty of sunshine and fresh air (possibly some supplements) are the best forms of defence against this new strain, and come with much less risk of myocarditis and other potential consequences of permanently produced spike protein inflaming blood vessels and bodily organs.

Funny how we need fresh air, healthy food and plenty of sun. It's not rocket science :)

Would rather take Ivermectin than an mRNA vaccine personally.

Considering natural immunity is now the proven best method of dealing with Covid, and the new strain is comparable to the second or third edition of the virus (which had very low mortality rates compared to Omnicron), I won't be wearing a mask.

I won't be getting any form of mRNA vaccine either. From what I understand, exercise, healthy eating, plenty of sunshine and fresh air (possibly some supplements) are the best forms of defence against this new strain, and come with much less risk of myocarditis and other potential consequences of permanently produced spike protein inflaming blood vessels and bodily organs.

Funny how we need fresh air, healthy food and plenty of sun. It's not rocket science :)

Would rather take Ivermectin than an mRNA vaccine personally.

Here is my mega-mix. I take them all in one go to save me time from opening those lids 3 times a day.

It's usually 2 COD, 2 Ginseng, 2 Magnesium, 2-3 Zinc, and 2 Garlicks.

123.jpg

P.S. I do not recommend anyone repeating such practices as everyone's body is different. :D

Last edited:
Here is my mega-mix. I take them all in one go to save me time from opening those lids 3 times a day.

It's usually 2 COD, 2 Ginseng, 2 Magnesium, 2-3 Zinc, and 2 Garlicks.

View attachment 186536

P.S. I do not recommend anyone repeating such practices as everyone's body is different

Wow, would you say you have noticed any difference between taking and not taking supplements?

I have started taking daily Lions Mane and Cordyceps. Might plumb for a magnesium-based supplement also, but I do wonder about their worth.

I think getting stuff naturally is probably better for you, but having the kind of diet that embraces everything you need seems hard so supplements are the next best source.

Watched an interesting video on mushrooms. A cancer sufferer apparently assisted in their recovery by Turkey Tail mushrooms.

Last edited:
Wow, would you say you have noticed any difference between taking and not taking supplements?

I have started taking daily Lions Mane and Cordyceps. Might plumb for a magnesium-based supplement also, but I do wonder about their worth.

I think getting stuff naturally is probably better for you, but having the kind of diet that embraces everything you need seems hard so supplements are the next best source.

Watched an interesting video on mushrooms. A cancer sufferer apparently assisted in their recovery by Turkey Taail mushrooms.

Yes, but remember to not take anything literally every day. Then, your body will simply get used to it and you won't notice anything. I usually, take those supplements for around a month and then stop for around the same time.

I take them not because of Covid, etc., but because my diet is irregular. Sometimes i can have my first meal at 4 o'clock afternoon lol...

About the natural intake, yes i agree. But here in supermarkets, even the best quality foods are not qualitative. A few best places in the UK would be Marks and Sparks, Whole Foods Market or even better some decent farmer that does not put too much different crap in their veg and meat for quick growth.

But it's not easily accessible and affordable to all.

One thing I thing most people would agree with, if it wasnt splashed all over our TVs over the last 3 years, we would have never known there was a so called pandemic, let alone discussing 3 years later whether or not to start wearing useless masks or injecting more bioweapon gene injections for whats basically been a cold for the last 2 years.

When you sit back and look at it, people have gone stark raving mad, seriously!!

So, the government here in the UK are going to start an Autumn ( Fall ) drive for vaccination boosters, for those either over 65 or deemed to be vulnerable, ie have a condition such as diabetes etc.

It will be interesting to see what the take up of said campaign will be. Whilst I am no Andrew Brigden conspiracist, I for one will no longer be having any more Covid 19 vaccinations. But then I would never have the flu vaccination either and having had had flu twice in my life as well as Covid twice, I can attest the flu was 100 times worse in my own personal experience.

As I have said in a previous post in this thread. I will no longer accept or go along with any future Covid related lockdowns, face masks or perceived infringements of my rights due to Covid.

Each to their own of course and I respect everyones point of view if it differs from my own.

Whilst I am no Andrew Brigden conspiracist, I for one will no longer be having any more Covid 19 vaccinations. But then I would never have the flu vaccination either and having had had flu twice in my life as well as Covid twice, I can attest the flu was 100 times worse in my own personal experience.
While I have no idea who Andrew Brigden is, has it occurred to you that the reason your Covid was 100x less bad than flu, was because you HAD been vaccinated?

I've had 4 jabs and had Covid twice (the second time just 6 weeks ago) - and yes it was no more than a bad cold for a few days. But I honestly believe that the jabs stopped it from being much worse.
If I get offered a booster, I will be at the front of the queue again.

Some people seem to have forgotten about the nearly 7 million people killed by this dreaded virus. That was Covid, not just a bad cold!
Each to their own opinions, hope to see you soon matey :cheers:

+1.

Something that doesn't get mentioned much is that Covid has a reputation for nasty long-term effects, unlike any flu I've ever encountered. More than anything that's the reason for my/our extreme caution with Covid.

FWIW I don't believe the Covid boosters are 100% lovely either. We're pretty sure we've had some issues from our boosters that we certainly didn't have before. As wacky as it may sound this is not unheard of but in the scheme of things I'd still take the small(ish) issues from the boosters than the very not small issues that Covid can -- admittedly not always -- inflict.

Last edited:
While I have no idea who Andrew Brigden is, has it occurred to you that the reason your Covid was 100x less bad than flu, was because you HAD been vaccinated?

I've had 4 jabs and had Covid twice (the second time just 6 weeks ago) - and yes it was no more than a bad cold for a few days. But I honestly believe that the jabs stopped it from being much worse.

Some people seem to have forgotten about the nearly 7 million people killed by this dreaded virus. That was Covid, not just a bad cold!
Each to their own opinions, hope to see you soon matey :cheers:

Like I say I respect others opinions, but seeing and experiencing first hand the very REAL adverse reactions to the vaccinations, I will take my chances. Unless we have a pandemic similar to the bubonic plague from the middle ages, I have no intention to either being locked down, being forced to wear a mask that offers no protection ( note, I am not lumping in N95 masks or their equivalents into this - I know they offer protection against Covid 19, hence their cost ) or my basic civil liberties impinged.

The more jabs you get, the more likely you will get covid over and over.

I respect anyones medical decisions, but it is really is doing some independent research before going back for more and more of these injections.

Everyone I know that declined these "vaccines" has had covid either once or never, most people who are on jab 3 or 4 I know have had covid several times now. This suggests to me not only are they ineffective, but they are causing a kind of vaccine induced AIDS.

We all slag the government off all the time, yet so many believe every word they say when it comes to these jabs, I really dont understand why considering its now obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse they dont bloody work, let alone all the excess deaths now occurring in highly vaccinated countries around the world!

As President Ronald Regan once said.....

Screen Shot 09-06-23 at 09.27 AM.JPG

No, I believe they do work and certainly minimise the potential for serious complications. However, for me having seen first hand the adverse reactions they can and do cause, it is not worth the risk having anymore.

All medicines carry the potential for adverse side affects. Just get a packet of paracetamol and read the leaflet.

However, in terms of the mortality rate of covid, the vast majority had secondary underlying conditions or were into their old age. Not saying that Covid shouldn't have been treated seriously, it should and still is. But I don't see it as serious enough to curtail my life, ie mask wearing, social distancing, lockdowns et al. Hence I personally will not be consenting to any subsequent law or laws the government in the future try to bring in covering this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back