Video footage of Aussie's fighting over toilet paper

Altho i have not seen any needles or condoms in them, i tend to stay away from the two bottom rows, since those are in toddler-territory.
Not that grown-ups are much better when it comes to that sort of thing.

But its so nice being able to pick out a bag of candies where every single one is your favorite.
And the mix of sour,chocolate,gummys etc.
Well bogeys and snot are a prerequisite of our Pick n Mixes, so I didn't even feel the need to include them in the list.

But that mask you're wearing, imagine having to use that & gloves each time one set foot near WH Smiths. And that's before you get to the Confectionery section

Oh make no mistake, liquorice is heavily featured when i buy my lördagsgodis, as it should be. =)
Its mostly liquorice and chocolate.

Here's an explanation to our foreign friends:

The once-a-week tradition is historically linked the controversial experiments at Vipeholm Mental Hospital in an effort to research tooth decay. The Swedish Government asked the Swedish Medical Board to perform a series of human experiments to study diet and dental health. The Vipeholm Hospital, outside the city of Lund, was chosen to feed mental health patients large amounts of sweets to deliberately provoke cavities from 1945 to 1955.

Based on the findings that enormous amounts of sugar can be linked to tooth decay, the Swedish Medical Board introduced the concept of “Saturday Candy,” in 1957. Today, this unwritten rule is still followed by most families and the Swedish Public Dental Service still stands behind the concept.

The once-a-week tradition is historically linked the controversial experiments at Vipeholm Mental Hospital in an effort to research tooth decay. The Swedish Government asked the Swedish Medical Board to perform a series of human experiments to study diet and dental health. The Vipeholm Hospital, outside the city of Lund, was chosen to feed mental health patients large amounts of sweets to deliberately provoke cavities from 1945 to 1955.

Based on the findings that enormous amounts of sugar can be linked to tooth decay, the Swedish Medical Board introduced the concept of “Saturday Candy,” in 1957. Today, this unwritten rule is still followed by most families and the Swedish Public Dental Service still stands behind the concept.

Yeah, Lördagsgodis = Saturdaycandy
Shout out to the mental patients who sacrificed their teeth so i could grow up with Lördagsgodis.

Once a a week. If my local shop sold that i would be buying it once a day :laugh:

We're the foreigners now?

Only applicable in Brexit debate

This only just crossed my mind. Brexit is or was what Nietzsche actually called the "Death of God". To him it was the growing secularisation in Europe, but these days it could be interpreted as the loss of a "common" European voice.

Congrats UK. You broke us all.

This only just crossed my mind. Brexit is or was what Nietzsche actually called the "Death of God". To him it was the growing secularisation in Europe, but these days it could be interpreted as the loss of a "common" European voice.

I agree. I'm only British when it suits, other times I get outta dodge

Boo hisssss to the UK swine!

Europe is a continent, no more no less, and IMHO, there never has been any "common" European voice. The European Union was a very strong attempt to turn Europe into a single entity, but each country is simply too diverse in religion, agricultural practices, philosophy, history, basic beliefs etc. to ever have any really common ground.

BUT....

They still have Loo Roll in abundance... :drink:

Europe is a continent, no more no less, and IMHO, there never has been any "common" European voice. The European Union was a very strong attempt to turn Europe into a single entity, but each country is simply too diverse in religion, agricultural practices, philosophy, history, basic beliefs etc. to ever have any really common ground.

BUT....

They still have Loo Roll in abundance... :drink:

No, not that different really.

You a fan of Nietzsche? My ref to his work was about his take on religion and it's weight in 19th century Europe.

I'm not overly versed in Nietzsche's body of work, but I'll be damned if his 'tache isn't more lustrous than mine :mad:

View attachment 124976

I'm no expert in deciphering his work either. But do like some of his ideas.

And impossible not to admire that absurdly splendid lip hair :laugh:

It wouldn't matter how long he was locked up in his garret - he would never starve as that moustache is a stockpile of goodies just waiting to be eaten....:D
If you squint hard enough there's definitely some Shnitzel in there

Yay! I'm doing the happy dance... :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Loo roll back in stock at my local Coles. Still limited to 1 pack per person, but got my usual 8-roll, so...Yay!

Seeing is believing. Just like you can claim to have 14000x on Bonanza... I'm not believing a single word. 8 packs are as rare as a show me the money shot on BTG.

Screenshots or it didnt happen.

Nate

No, not that different really.

You a fan of Nietzsche? My ref to his work was about his take on religion and it's weight in 19th century Europe.

I agree not massively different under the surface, [ In a way this forum is good proof we can get along and relate to each other very well ] however to try and move to one over arching system of govt/rules etc.. a technocracy and force it all over europe is doomed to fail or be very unpopular. Where's the choice for different outlooks, will the greeks and germans think alike, if not how can they share the same govt and laws, one will always dominate and get their way when it matters.

Remainers say the EU is popular with the public, but show me a govt that is, I can't think of any, there's always at least 50% opposition. Therefore it's quite normal and logical to expect the EU to be unpopular too, except it isn't under any direct democratic control, so the citizenry is basically stuffed if they don't like the direction the commission and president decide.

Seeing is believing. Just like you can claim to have 14000x on Bonanza... I'm not believing a single word. 8 packs are as rare as a show me the money shot on BTG.

Screenshots or it didnt happen.

Nate

Reported for using BTG and Screenshot in the same sentence/post

It's like saying Candyman in the mirror a few times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back