Vegas Partner Lounge -- Free BMW Every Day!!!*

chalupa

Experienced Member
Here's the e-mail:

Fasten your seatbelts, because starting 1 April 2005 you could win 1 of 250 convertible BMWs with Vegas Partner Lounge Casinos! That's right here's your chance to win your very own BMW Convertible.

All you need to do is deposit and wager 150 casino credits within 24 hours to qualify for the daily draw! Terms and Conditions apply for more information visit
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
.

---------

Man... that's a lot of BMW's, I'm thinking. Is Vegas Partners really big enough to support such a giveaway? So I click the link to view the terms and conditions, all still looks well. Hmmm... some suspicious asterisks though. You have to click yet another further link, and... finally...

It turns out if you deposit and wager a pile of money, you could be the lucky owner of one of
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
. That'll look sweeeet in your driveway. If you happen to be Ken or Barbie.

Actually... just kidding, sucker!! The one at that link is an impressive 1:18 (and sells for a whopping $24.95), the ones that Vegas Partners are giving away are only 1:43.

Can you imagine not reading the fine print, "winning" and then finding out what you received? Especially if you lost a few grand in the process?

WHY do companies belittle their reputations with cheap stunts like this??
 
Last edited:

Casinomeister

Forum Cheermeister
Staff member
chalupa said:
WHY do companies belittle their reputations with cheap stunts like this??
Yeah but, it aslo states: culminating in a Grand Final event in Miami in November 2005 where our finalists stand the chance to win 2005 BMW Z4 worth $35,000. And there will be 70 finalists...
 

m249a

Dormant account
'05 z4 drop top is worth 42-44 grand depending on the location and season.

Hard top is worth just over 40.

I would like to be plugged into whoever they are buying it from. 35 grand is less then wholesale value for that car. If any cmeister forum member wins that car, I will give you $37,900 cash sight unseen, for a clean title.

Then I will sell it for $39,950........50 bucks under the luxury tax cutoff... :D
 

chalupa

Experienced Member
'05 z4 drop top is worth 42-44 grand...

Yeah, if it has an engine. Didn't you read the fine print?

:D
 

rayharold

Dormant account
m249a said:
'05 z4 drop top is worth 42-44 grand depending on the location and season.

Hard top is worth just over 40.

I would like to be plugged into whoever they are buying it from. 35 grand is less then wholesale value for that car. If any cmeister forum member wins that car, I will give you $37,900 cash sight unseen, for a clean title.

Then I will sell it for $39,950........50 bucks under the luxury tax cutoff... :D
Per T&Cs

"If you win the Grand Prize, you may exchange the same for its cash equivalent."
 

m249a

Dormant account
rayharold said:
Per T&Cs

"If you win the Grand Prize, you may exchange the same for its cash equivalent."
Or I'll buy it, and they can get an extra $2,900 for it.... :thumbsup:
 

sirius

Senior Member
This group is not recommended any more! Seems to be going a similar way to Integrity regarding 'promotional abuse'. I can't really say much more at the moment.
 
Last edited:

Casinomeister

Forum Cheermeister
Staff member
sirius said:
This group is not recommended any more! Seems to be going a similar way to Integrity regarding 'promotional abuse'. I can't really say much more at the moment.
By whom? :what: Why're you ragging on them?? It's a promo! It's a funny promo - it's supposed to be tongue in cheek - and they ARE giving away a Beemer. So what's the prob??
 

sirius

Senior Member
Sorry, it's nothing to do with this promo! I am asking the VPL guy at the mo if they've ever removed the bonuses from any players after they met the terms. They have at least threatened to do that.
 

sirius

Senior Member
I have verified with the casino representative that they do have this policy of 'warning' players who they 'feel' are abusing an offer and threaten to remove the bonuses if they don't change their style of play.

In part of the commmunication, the representitive stated that:
This is when a player deposits a large amount (thousands, as you say) to collect a large bonus, and then plays very small amounts, as not to risk too much of the bonus money in the account. A player is notified that our risk dept has identified them, and that their current style of play is deemed to be abusive. This gives the player a chance to alter their style, and stay in the clear, if it is not their intention to abuse the system.........
...............
we do not see it as an 'intimidation tactic' as you suggest, but rather as an early warning to the player.
The email players receive 'warning' them about their style of play contains terms such as 'promotion abuse' and 'minimal risks'. I think it's mainly about betting levels but some casinos state minimum bets in the terms and conditions (32red is one).

It is open for abuse if you allow the casino to use their 'discretion' in removing the bonuses for unverifiable reasons (the terms should be clear to the player).





You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
 

555YY

Dormant account
sirius said:
Sorry, it's nothing to do with this promo! I am asking the VPL guy at the mo if they've ever removed the bonuses from any players after they met the terms. They have at least threatened to do that.
EDIT

nevermind, was thinking of vegas affiliates :(
 
Last edited:

chalupa

Experienced Member
casinomeister said:
It's a promo! It's a funny promo - it's supposed to be tongue in cheek...
I agree it IS funny... but in a pathetic unintentional sort of way. :)

I think you're wrong about their intentions... if you read the e-mail(s) and the web page that they refer you to is not presented tongue-in-cheek at all.

Depositing money in an offshore casino requires a great deal of trust, and lying* in an e-mail makes one wonder what else they might be deceptive about.

Certainly not the worst thing a casino has ever done, but I still award them the prestigious Screeching Weasel keychain:



(By the way, if you're too weasely to earn one fair-and-square, you can apparently purchase it
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
along with similarly obtuse items. People buy this stuff???)





* Yes -- lying -- you think you wouldn't get perjured in court for similar prevarication?

"Mr. Jones! Earlier you claimed you DIDN'T stab your wife!"
"I didn't stab her your honor, I sliced her."
"Oh, ok. No problem. Proceed".
 
Top