Using remote files for your avatar

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
I have a new avatar I want to use, and it's hosted on a remote site.

Problem is, I can't use it, because it's too large..~96K.

Since it's not using local bandwidth, can the size restriction be lifted for remotely hosted avatars?

ps: It's only 100x75, well under the 150x150 restriction.

I have a new avatar I want to use, and it's hosted on a remote site.

Problem is, I can't use it, because it's too large..~96K.

Since it's not using local bandwidth, can the size restriction be lifted for remotely hosted avatars?

ps: It's only 100x75, well under the 150x150 restriction.
Try it now and see what happens.

Cashmeister(Bryan),

I'd like to post an avatar(gif) way bigger than the alotted 19kb. Would that be allowed or do any of you guys know how to shrink a regular .gif ? I'm trying GIMP but can't use it properly.

Thanks for any reply or answer.

Swede

Cashmeister(Bryan),

I'd like to post an avatar(gif) way bigger than the alotted 19kb. Would that be allowed or do any of you guys know how to shrink a regular .gif ? I'm trying GIMP but can't use it properly.

Swede

If it's not animated, you can convert it over to a JPG, and not lose too much quality, but have it compressed, hopefully under the max size for jpg's :)

I'm not sure how to do this in gimp, but if you are using xp, you can open it up in mspaint, then choose "save as" from the file menu, and choose "jpeg" from the pulldown menu.

Cashmeister(Bryan),

Swede
If you send it to me, I'll resize it for you.

Thanks guys. It's a 36-layer animation so standard resizing won't work, it's becomes too small and hardly visible.

I'll pass it to you in a PM Bryan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back