This MAY create a fervour....but

In both Northern and Republic of Ireland. Apply the same rules stated about Glasgow. Celtic and Rangers. Very important!
in those days, my biggest fear was chilling to a pint and being blown out of my pub chair.
I didnt know the politics then (correct me..NRA? there were closed streets and bombings) ...but pub wise, If i could slam a pint...or 6..I was ok lol

in those days, my biggest fear was chilling to a pint and being blown out of my pub chair.
I didnt know the politics then (correct me..NRA? there were closed streets and bombings) ...but pub wise, If i could slam a pint...or 6..I was ok lol

I wouldn't mention as deep as that. Just remember what I said about football bars. And you'll be fine, those days are gone now mate. :)

Still the fierce rivalry between celtic and rangers fans though.

And bear in mind there are members from Ireland and Northern Ireland who we don't want to offend etc man.

You know what i really hate people assuming all scottish have red hair.

I get a tinger of br-inger in my facial hair when I grow it out(mums auburn) but we aren't all full blown ginger nuts!

Oh, my travels were ...eesh, im old....25 years ago? I was young, dumb and full of...er....vigor.
Id love to go back - was golden years, and for all the misconceptions and ignorance (my part) I wouldnt trade those memories for a million dollars.
As a Canadian (and thank gods wasnt American - not slagging those from the US - but Canadiana bought much love) I felt welcomed and brought into the fold, overall

You know what i really hate people assuming all scottish have red hair.

I get a tinger of br-inger in my facial hair when I grow it out(mums auburn) but we aren't all full blown ginger nuts!
lol.Id never assume ALL ginger, but Ill admit, Id assume heritage.
Hey, I'm a 6'1 blonde haired, blue eyed guy - I ALWAYS get one assumption

lol.Id never assume ALL ginger, but Ill admit, Id assume heritage.
Hey, I'm a 6'1 blonde haired, blue eyed guy - I ALWAYS get one assumption

Blonde hair(particularly with blue eyes) stereotypes are your Swedish, Russian German Polish or Ukrainian lol.

Blonde hair stereotypes are your Swedish, Russian German Polish or Ukrainian lol.
Too lazy too, but I do recall reading the whys and whereabouts about gingers (red, orange, bronzed blondes) - it does (no?) come down to Ir/Sc heritage and migration to your vicinity?

Too lazy too, but I do recall reading the whys and whereabouts about gingers (red, orange, bronzed blondes) - it does (no?) come down to Ir/Sc heritage and migration to your vicinity?

To an extent yes but the traditional irish girl is green eyes and red hair, whereas scottish is funnily enough blue eyes ginger hair. supposedly.

But because different people got with different shade/eye colour etc other types of red were made auburn,strawberry blonde, Black hair with ginger beard even blonde with ginger tints and ginger beard. it's quite fascinating!

To an extent yes but the traditional irish girl is green eyes and red hair, whereas scottish is funnily enough blue eyes ginger hair. supposedly.

But because different people got with different shade/eye colour etc other types of red were made auburn,strawberry blonde, Black hair with ginger beard even blonde with ginger tints and ginger beard. it's quite fascinating!
I should be more aware ( and I was, but for loss of facts not in play and usage).
Im a mutt. My face fur has a red tinge . Im blonde...a nordic blonde (sun)...platinum..a brunette no sun....and a beard wants to go red......been strawberry blonde in my youth...all over the map lol

I belong to several - formal and informal - debate groups (this was a topic of conversation, and I thought it could be fun to share bearing in mind it's MEANT to be fun).
I was curious. This is an international forum, and let's keep it civil and not personal, and accept that generalities do not mean absolutes.

What are some stereotypical qualities attributed to your peers/culture/nationaility.
Many stereotypes are steeped in truths, some are gross over generalizations. Some are flat out misconceptions.

I'l lbegin with a gross over generalization rooted in truths, locally and internationally preceived -
Canadians are overly apologetic with an innate need to add sorries, excuse mes, thank yous, and a multitude of prefaces and postfaces. We're people who apologize when you step on our toes.

Kindly, speak on your national/work/peer stereotypes rather than others' - its easier to banter on one's own and dispute it. Let's not delve into cultutal attacks.
That being said, nothing wrong with harmless blanket assumptions and perceptions ex it always rains in England :p

(see, hasnt started and im already being pc and apologetic :p )

English people are like that around here (southwest) they say sorry just for existing like if they are standing somewhere and it's remotely possible they may be obstructing you and causing you 0.1 secs of delay :p
Compare that to my experience in Spain where people will push in front of you or stand right in your way and not say a word/care less . The weird thing is in England we know it's silly to say sorry so readily over the slightest thing or even preemptorily yet if they don't say sorry it's like "oh right yeh just push right past me without saying anything - how rude !"

There's a lot of truth in this list:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

One thing is definitely true. Let's say you have a business meeting with a finn, a swede and an american. The american will ask how are you, the swede will talk for 20 minutes not saying anything and the finn will tell you exactly how they are. Good or bad. And with a one sentence. Because there's no need for small talk. :D

the romanians are perceived as gypsyes throughout Europe as the percentage of them here is the highest than in other countries, the bad apples cover good apples, the politically correct 'roma' term for gypsy isnt helping either, we are the second nation in immigration after Syria mainly because of 'the lack of...', we assimilate well wherever we go but we are obsessed with our own food and is the first choice even overseas, anything branded German is sold lightning fast or naturally worshiped, we even elected a German president, if you stay a week in each region of the country is like you visited different countries, people are very different for example in east than in west, different behavior, whereabouts and temperament, we have the least highway km after Bulgaria it takes forever to undergo the country by car, we welcome very well the foreigners if they have the nerves to drive for hours to visit objectives(beware of the scum(most of) called taxi driver), we pride with our girls beauty and fortunately i can still say in 2018 'hi sweetie' without getting the answer 'dont call me sweetie, its patronizing' like i read in a post on this forum, they still like to be the center of awe, the extreme feminism is yet to develop here. we are also very hypocrites in relation to religion, which is still a big thing lesser for the youth, we partake in the non stop religious events that plague the calendar shortly after which(or during) we curse each other in different manners, most christians expecting divine intervention to help their shitty life, to win, to be heatly, to anything. if you see a car with at least 2 crosses(easily up to 10 or more) tied at the mirror rearview car, he is more than likely a romanian moron

1) The english are boring people
2) Asians are either Doctors or Scientist
3) Canadian women are polite until pissed off and then they have a scathing tongue
4) Weed is a gateway drug
5) All Irish men are hot
6) Jamaican women rule the house
7) All scots are redheads ( I'm first generation Canadian, my parents are from Scotland and are dark hair, blue eyes)

Being a stereotypical Geordie bloke while out on the pull and I spot a girl I fancy in a pub I revert to type. I just sidle up to her,spin round and rub my ass up and down her leg before casually walking back to my pint at the bar dragging my knuckles behind secure in the knowledge that I've secured a shag for the night :cheers:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back