The War Against Online Gambling

Flag-waving & being over-sensitive to a common expression doesn't really quite convince me on this matter...the fact is that is your fault, in my opinion...how American's are being so overly manipulated by the rich...you've allowed, without much protestation - for wealth & politics to be combined - the two go together - if you're mega-rich, you become a Senator & fund the campaign etc.

Over here - the wealthy bankers & aristocracy more or less know they're not wanted & tend their polo grounds instead....leaving it to a motley collection of middle class lecturers & old etonians.

Flag-waving & being over-sensitive to a common expression doesn't really quite convince me on this matter...
Who cares what you think...

There are a lot of things about your government, the British Government, I don't like, but as I am an American, it's none of my business... So I don't say anything. However, I do talk about the things I like and admire in your government.

And don't start with the "US" economy is effecting us in the "UK" as well... Thats your fault for letting your government and economy be dominated by my government and economy.

You really want to piss people off, keep insulting their Country...

Chu, could you elaborate on this. The single most important step the UK took to improve there economic presence was the euro. I would appreciate more input and light on the subject.

Sorry, I missed your reply on this.

Well, for a start the UK's economic rescue package, whatever you call it, had a much bigger impact and reception than the US one.

About online gaming, the difference between the 2 is the regulation of the industry. The UK authorities are bright enough to see that it is not worthwhile to stop online gaming given that it is an internet thing and prohibition will not work. The US is seemingly willing to bow to the religious sector and hypocritically claim that this is a morality issue and banning online gaming will prevent people from being addicted to gambling. So UK is all for regulation of online gaming whereas US aims to prohibit it to appease the anti-gambling community thru the stupid and sneaky bill passed last year Attached to the Safe Port Act). Now that the US Government is strapped for cash they will want to open more sources for revenue and if it does decide to regulate the industry the taxes it could get could be substantial. Not being in the US myself, my opinion may not necessarily be as well-based as other US or UK members here who get a clearer picture of the whole issue.

Flag-waving & being over-sensitive to a common expression doesn't really quite convince me on this matter...the fact is that is your fault, in my opinion...how American's are being so overly manipulated by the rich...you've allowed, without much protestation - for wealth & politics to be combined - the two go together - if you're mega-rich, you become a Senator & fund the campaign etc.

Over here - the wealthy bankers & aristocracy more or less know they're not wanted & tend their polo grounds instead....leaving it to a motley collection of middle class lecturers & old etonians.

Not over sensitive Tristan, I just have enough sense to recognize an insult when I hear one. I travel internationally often and I always make a point not to insult the people of whatever country I am in. You see, I like diversity in life and enjoy experiencing other cultures. I've found common ground everywhere I go. I can assure you that there is not a single government on this earth that is not without inept leaders and foolish followers.

As for the US position on online gaming, I think every American in this forum has expressed their anger and discontent about the matter. We would like for it to be legalized and accepted as an industry, but it will not make or break this country.

I want you to know that there are many attributes of the English people that I both admire and respect, but I don't respect anyone that feels the need to insult people they do not know. Not only is it foolhardy and a direct reflection of your nasty disposition toward Americans, it is also the response expected from the uninformed and unsocialized.

Watch how you throw the word YOU around. Not EVERY American is "manipulated" by the rich.

We can fight, bitch and moan all we like, but it doesn't change a gd thing.

So, for future reference for everyone reading this,

QUIT GROUPING ALL AMERICANS TOGETHER AS ONE.

I never voted for DUBYA SO DON'T BLAME ME!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back