some CM page loads taking forever?

maxd

Head of Complaints (PABs), Senior Forum Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone else noticed that some pages here at CM take forever to load? I'm just guesstimating at this point but it seems to me that thread and post pages are the real culprits.

Is is just me or are others having the same problems?

FWIW I'm using Firefox 3.6.22 (with a shit-load of add-ons but the problem is the same in a vanilla FF3.6.22 version) on an WinXP-SP2 box.

So far I don't have any problems with loading any page. I'm using Google Chrome on Mac OSx.

Has anyone else noticed that some pages here at CM take forever to load? I'm just guesstimating at this point but it seems to me that thread and post pages are the real culprits.

FWIW I'm using Firefox 3.6.22 (with a shit-load of add-ons but the problem is the same in a vanilla FF3.6.22 version) on an WinXP-SP2 box.

Yes Max, I have experienced the same thing. It happens quite often, so I usually "give up" and tries again later. I have not experienced this problem at other sites on a regular basis. (It does not happen every time but occasionally)

Last edited:
I have too, but thought it was just me as I'm only running on about half the power I used to. I miss having 3 or 4 windows open at a time. I also can't use the smilies unless I open another dialog box and copy and paste them. I am using win XP service pack3

Mine happens more in the middle of the night (my night that is). But I figured it's because we've had our power re-routed through all kinds of different substations and what-nots. My lights constantly flicker and I have to constantly reboot my modem when playing games or if I have more than 2 windows open at a time, so thought it was more on my end than anything else :)

It's a little sluggish for me occasionally - seems like late night for me too. Mostly when I'm trying to post. I use IE7 winXP.

Is it during a particular time of the day?

Not as far as I can tell, seems pretty much an all-day thing. Seems especially bad in the 9:30-10:30 AM range though that might just be me getting exasperated with it.

Thank to all who replied above, much appreciated.

Yeah, I sent you a PAB on this but you didnt respond.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back