odds and ends

Oh goody, just what we need now "Monkeypox virus causes a disease that is similar to smallpox, but with a milder rash and lower death rate"

Yes, worrying indeed. There were three cases I heard of last week.

To say they are not linked seems strange though, and even more concerning. You would hope they could tie the three together to a source.

This is another amazing coincidence:

According to Aaron Kheriaty, MD's twitter feed:

1/ Monkeypox origin story. During the covid pandemic in May 2021, the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) and the Munich Security Council (MSC) convened an international pandemic war-game “Tabletop Exercise on Reducing High-Consequence Biological Threats.”

2/ The scenario had participants imagine” a “global pandemic involving an unusual strain of Monkeypox,” a virus found in Africa, beginning one year later, on “May 15, 2022.”

3/ In typical pandemic war-game style, the biosecurity simulation script imagined catastrophic outcomes with over a quarter billion deaths worldwide from the genetically engineered monkeypox strain.

4/ Although the name sounds like it was written for a dystopian movie script, monkeypox is a real virus discovered in Africa in 1970; roughly 10% of cases are fatal.

5/ Then, in mid-May 2022, right on schedule, authorities in the real world reported outbreaks monkeypox in Europe, the U.K., the U.S., and Australia. The WHO convened an emergency meeting to address the outbreak a few days later.

6/ Fortune magazine reported on May 19 that “U.S. government places $119 million order for 13 million freeze-dried Monkeypox vaccines,” with an option to buy another $180 million, from biotech company Bavarian Nordic.

This carbon bollocks is one big con job in my humble opinion; years ago it was a substance in aerosol spray that was damaging the ozone layer, they never mentioned carbon, they changed the aerosol ingredients and the ozone layer slowly repaired itself afaik - they never mention it now at least - but now something that you can basically link to all human activity is the problem, never mind individual carbon footprints what about the tons of polluting factories in china and elsewhere, cutting down the rainforest etc..

"The leaves of growing trees absorb atmospheric carbon dioxide, releasing oxygen and locking up the carbon until the tree eventually dies and, decays, or is burnt."

Oak trees live for ages, probably others like those big redwoods also live yonks, so that's a solution, grow more trees to balance the carbon.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

It's a crazy world we live in where a VR legless body grinding up against a female avatar while others clap and splash money can lead to sexual assault accusations :)
I wish we could go back to the good old days when people had a bit more class.
People still sent nudes of course, but you can hardly compare it to todays sloppily taken photos of naugthy bits, because back in the day it was done in style.

This is just me making a guess, but i think that back in 1828, sexual harassment over the internet was less common than it is today.

"Beauty Revealed is an 1828 self-portrait by the American artist Sarah Goodridge, a watercolor portrait miniature on a piece of ivory. Depicting only the artist's bared breasts surrounded by white cloth, the 6.7-by-8-centimeter (2.6 by 3.1 in) painting, originally backed with paper, is now in a modern frame.
Goodridge, aged forty when she completed the miniature, depicts breasts that appear imbued with a "balance, paleness, and buoyancy" by the harmony of light, color, and balance.
The surrounding cloth draws the viewer to focus on them, leading to the body being "erased".[1] Goodridge gave the portrait to statesman Daniel Webster, who was a frequent subject and possibly a lover, following the death of his wife; she may have intended to provoke him into marrying her. Although Webster married someone else, his family held onto the portrait until the 1980s, when it was auctioned at Christie's and acquired by Gloria and Richard Manney in 1981."

Last edited:
I wish we could go back to the good old days when people had a bit more class.
People still sent nudes of course, but you can hardly compare it to todays sloppily taken photos of naugthy bits, because back in the day it was done in style.

This is just me making a guess, but i think that back in 1828, sexual harassment over the internet was less common than it is today.

"Beauty Revealed is an 1828 self-portrait by the American artist Sarah Goodridge, a watercolor portrait miniature on a piece of ivory. Depicting only the artist's bared breasts surrounded by white cloth, the 6.7-by-8-centimeter (2.6 by 3.1 in) painting, originally backed with paper, is now in a modern frame.
Goodridge, aged forty when she completed the miniature, depicts breasts that appear imbued with a "balance, paleness, and buoyancy" by the harmony of light, color, and balance.
The surrounding cloth draws the viewer to focus on them, leading to the body being "erased".[1] Goodridge gave the portrait to statesman Daniel Webster, who was a frequent subject and possibly a lover, following the death of his wife; she may have intended to provoke him into marrying her. Although Webster married someone else, his family held onto the portrait until the 1980s, when it was auctioned at Christie's and acquired by Gloria and Richard Manney in 1981."

Yes, funny how in such a so-called progressive and liberal society, the Millenials seem to objectify themselves more than any other generation. Maybe, no matter how far we pretend we have evolved away from primal instincts, true human nature cannot be escaped.

Partner brought me back some R Whites on her lunch break. As a tribute to her enterprise, I've been playing the ad on loop, just for her, as a thankyou of sorts

They were still showing that in the 1980's when I was at school, the Hank Marvin lookalike. I'm surprised it says 1973. One advert that gave me the creeps as a secondary school pupil was this evil, horrible-looking little German turd (not the one with the moustache).

P.S. The kids at whom this product is aimed were terrified by the horrid little bastard apparently!

Last edited:
You're not allowed to say ma'am to women anymore, they get enraged. LOL
fair enough, i get weird looks for saying 'ma'am'

FWIW, my mother also taught me to say bro*d and c*nt lol

I...think I've shared this before
My mum is a midget....no, like really, 4'6 ( i am allowed to say it )
I've seen her lift up a woman by her shirt....and..well. paste her lol...'you do NOT call me a c*nt or a bro*d

I'm like...um.....go, mum lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back