odds and ends

In taking over New Netherland, the English did not expel any of its residents or seize their property, and they even permitted a series of Dutch mayors in New York City. As a result, the Dutch maintained a cultural and linguistic presence, with words like “cookie” and “coleslaw” creeping into the American vernacular. Their distinct architectural style also lived on, as did place names, such as Brooklyn (Breuckelen), Harlem (Haarlem), Coney Island (Conyne Eylandt) and Broadway (Breede Wegh).

I never knew coleslaw was dutch! - but apparently by the name of 'koolsla'

In taking over New Netherland, the English did not expel any of its residents or seize their property, and they even permitted a series of Dutch mayors in New York City. As a result, the Dutch maintained a cultural and linguistic presence, with words like “cookie” and “coleslaw” creeping into the American vernacular. Their distinct architectural style also lived on, as did place names, such as Brooklyn (Breuckelen), Harlem (Haarlem), Coney Island (Conyne Eylandt) and Broadway (Breede Wegh).

I never knew coleslaw was dutch! - but apparently by the name of 'koolsla'

To add to those place names: Flushing in Dutch is Vlissingen. Guess alot of people know Flushing Meadows from the US Open tennis.

There's probably a few other places that remind New York to its past like Bedford-Stuyvesant in Brooklyn. Peter Stuyvesant was one of the governors of New Amsterdam.

There seems to be a surge in unexplained hepatitis cases in mainly young children, highest number in the uk, but also going on in many countries, if caused by covid surely it would've started to happen in 2020?
I saw some articles talking about a 'adenovirus' possible being the cause.
Also saw some articles floating the idea of lockdowns contributing, kids not being out&about as much and not interacting with other kids especially during the early years makes for a much weaker immune system.
I think most cases have been kids 2-5 years old so they wouldnt have been vaccinated, but of course people are still trying to link it to the vaccines, saying its shedding/breastmilk from vaccinated people thats causing it etc.

Its odd, thats for sure.
If it were linked to Covid or the vaccines you think there would be a more widespread outbreak all over the world, but it seems to be 'hotspots' of outbreaks in just some countries.
Saw an article regarding Sweden saying that theres been an increase since late 2021, but apparently far from the increase UK has seen.

Google translated from this article (
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
)

"Björn Fischler, pediatric hepatologist in the section for gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition at Astrid Lindgren's Children's Hospital, tells Dagens Medicin that there have also been slightly more patients with acute hepatitis in Sweden where the cause is unknown.

- We have noted slightly more cases since the end of December 2021, but we do not see such a sharp increase as in the UK. In our case, I do not rule out that it is a matter of random variation, he says to Dagens Medicin.
"

Last edited:
I saw some articles talking about a 'adenovirus' possible being the cause.
Also saw some articles floating the idea of lockdowns contributing, kids not being out&about as much and not interacting with other kids especially during the early years makes for a much weaker immune system.
I think most cases have been kids 2-5 years old so they wouldnt have been vaccinated, but of course people are still trying to link it to the vaccines, saying its shedding/breastmilk from vaccinated people thats causing it etc.

Its odd, thats for sure.
If it were linked to Covid or the vaccines you think there would be a more widespread outbreak all over the world, but it seems to be 'hotspots' of outbreaks in just some countries.
Saw an article regarding Sweden saying that theres been an increase since late 2021, but apparently far from the increase UK has seen.

Google translated from this article (
)

"Björn Fischler, pediatric hepatologist in the section for gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition at Astrid Lindgren's Children's Hospital, tells Dagens Medicin that there have also been slightly more patients with acute hepatitis in Sweden where the cause is unknown.

- We have noted slightly more cases since the end of December 2021, but we do not see such a sharp increase as in the UK. In our case, I do not rule out that it is a matter of random variation, he says to Dagens Medicin.
"

I get the feeling they'll get to the bottom of this, and in a clearer way than they ever got a handle on covid, politics won't come into it, it'll play out like more like international health science used to pre 2020. Very much doubt they'll need to consult with B.gates or klaus, no 'hey bill, what do we need to do, help us' ...just how it should be :cool:

Probably should go in the covid thread, I tend to agree with you Kroffe, many young children haven't been vaccinated, so that would rule that out.

However just did a quick twitter search for hepatitis to see the latest news, but saw this, which is an interesting coincidence but not conclusive of anything regarding the children affected.

We report a case of a 65-year-old woman who experienced acute severe autoimmune hepatitis two weeks after receiving the first dose of Moderna-COVID-19 vaccine. Serum immunoglobulin G was elevated and antinuclear antibody was positive (1:100, speckled pattern). Liver histology showed a marked expansion of the portal tracts, severe interface hepatitis and multiple confluent foci of lobular necrosis

Some recent reports have been suggested that COVID-19 vaccination can lead to the development of autoimmune diseases. It is speculated that the vaccine can disturb self-tolerance and trigger autoimmune responses through cross-reactivity with host cells. Therefore, healthcare providers must remain vigilant during mass COVID-19 vaccination.

Edit: Could a breastfeeding angle be ruled out for those children, the report I saw said the median age was two, which would indicate many younger and some older.

Last edited:
Probably should go in the covid thread, I tend to agree with you Kroffe, many young children haven't been vaccinated, so that would rule that out.

However just did a quick twitter search for hepatitis to see the latest news, but saw this, which is an interesting coincidence but not conclusive of anything regarding the children affected.

We report a case of a 65-year-old woman who experienced acute severe autoimmune hepatitis two weeks after receiving the first dose of Moderna-COVID-19 vaccine. Serum immunoglobulin G was elevated and antinuclear antibody was positive (1:100, speckled pattern). Liver histology showed a marked expansion of the portal tracts, severe interface hepatitis and multiple confluent foci of lobular necrosis

Some recent reports have been suggested that COVID-19 vaccination can lead to the development of autoimmune diseases. It is speculated that the vaccine can disturb self-tolerance and trigger autoimmune responses through cross-reactivity with host cells. Therefore, healthcare providers must remain vigilant during mass COVID-19 vaccination.

Edit: Could a breastfeeding angle be ruled out for those children, the report I saw said the median age was two, which would indicate many younger and some older.

The main problem i have with the covid/vaccine angle is that i think it would be much more widespread if that was the case.

But maybe the countries that have big outbreaks of HEP now have things in common regarding the vaccines.
Maybe they all used the same vaccine, did all countries give vaccine to pregnant women, what ages were vaccinated, how long between vaccination and booster shots etc.

a.gif

I do not like the sound of this, reminds me of the euthanasia regime in soylent green, how long before we have govt approved euthanasia centers doing a roaring trade, 10-20 years??

Do you think the world would ever turn to Soylent Green? It seems preposterous, but a GM food Soylent Green slab to feed the world is not so hard to believe.

Ah no I hope he's not been trolling us:

Elon Musk puts Twitter deal on hold over fake account details​

Elon Musk has said his $44bn (£35bn) deal to buy Twitter is on hold after he queried the number of fake or spam accounts on the social media platform

Dan Ives, a tech analyst at investment firm Wedbush Securities, said Mr Musk's tweet would "send this Twitter circus show into a Friday the 13th horror show".

He said Wall Street would now "view this deal as 1) likely falling apart, 2) Musk negotiating for a lower deal price, or 3) Musk simply walking away from the deal with a $1bn break-up fee".

Mr Ives said if Mr Musk did still decide to go ahead with the deal, a "clear renegotiation is likely on the table".

He added many would view him highlighting the number of spam accounts "as a way to get out of this deal in a vastly changing market".

Do you think the world would ever turn to Soylent Green? It seems preposterous, but a GM food Soylent Green slab to feed the world is not so hard to believe.
We seem to be edging closer to that kind of world -minus the cannibalism- I think Bill gates, for pushing GM foods rather than bio diversity, is a maniac, he always dresses it up as helping the 3rd world.

We seem to be edging closer to that kind of world -minus the cannibalism- I think Bill gates, for pushing GM foods rather than bio diversity, is a maniac, he always dresses it up as helping the 3rd world.

Couldn't agree more. Clearly out to make a profit for his life rather than considering humanity and future generations. Lots in India heavily oppose what he has done in their country.

Partner brought me back some R Whites on her lunch break. As a tribute to her enterprise, I've been playing the ad on loop, just for her, as a thankyou of sorts

An example of marketing genius. Still sing it to the kids every time I get a bottle, once ive got home of course, not in the shop :)

Don't know how much people are 'up' on the latest religious fads, I know I am, and the one doing the rounds is demons/ demonology, and its subverting.....just about everything in sight!

In this case, demons having their wicked way via sex. I know this one particularly well, as my missus has been doing this for 22 years 🥁

So leave it to no one other than the Remix Bros to seal the deal. Warning: features speaking in tongues, aka 'gibberish'. Enjoy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back