North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did I say, in the first post, that may warrant this thread getting forked?

I thought we could have an open discussion about N. Korea and Kim Jong-Un behavior of recent past.

We can't do that?

Sure

But given the history of the forum on such hot tOpics...and already proven in these posts.

If you discuss North Korea...you will have to discuss the USA...and if you’re discussing the USA...you will have to talk about trump...add all that and the American haters to that....and you’ve got a thread that no one will want to take part in cuz of the president trump thread that went up in flames.

And within three posts we already had some fighting about what was said that didn’t involve North Korea at all....then there was my post about the anti USA posts and that caused some silliness...then max got complaints and had to come on here....and now your post asking for clarification on a post that I posted a week ago if not more...

So to answer your question more truthfully. No we can’t do that.

Well naturally if you are discussing North Korea you will need to discuss the USA, since the USA have their military muscle in South Korea since the Korean war; which of course (Technically hasn't ended) is seen as a threat from NK point of view.

Obviously since people will need to be discussing the USA; they will indeed need to discuss Trump as a result, since he is the sitting US president.

Please please please stop with the victimhood of describing people who disagree with Trump or the USA as "American Haters". I'ts beyond pathetic now when you can not comprehend the difference between people who hate USA government foreign policy & people who hate American citizens.

It's really simple:

A) I hate Americans; they are obnoxious, rude, bloodthirsty school shooting animals.
B) I hate the American Government; they are always getting involved in world affairs, playing world police and breaking International Law by arming and funding terrorist organizations in the Middle East.

One is not the same as the other in any way whatsoever. So please direct me to a post where people have been Anti American in the example used in A).

What's going on now between North Korea & South Korea; I think it's absolutely great. I do not care what the reasons are for North Korea getting into peaceful discussions; whether people want to be cynical and say things like "They must have detroyed their Nuclear Testing facilities and have no cards left to play" or whatever; it is the best possible news for the entire region.

I don't know exactly what is going on behind the scenes. But in my opinion peace & stability in this area is a step in the right direction from all parties involved. Hopefully we see an end to more conflict around the world and less of the muscle flexing to the Media and Twatter.

I don't particularily view don't Donald positively; I think he's a buffon. Broadcasting every thought and opinion you have on Twatter isn't beffiting of the position of President for anyone in the world.

Regardless. If it turns out Trump is an any way responsible for the current situation going on now with the potential for peace between North & South Korea then I absolutely applaud him for it. He deserves every credit.

It will be the only time I would not mind him saying: "People don't know this, but I brokered a peace deal between the two countires; I was very smart, believe me"

EDIT: And of course, let's take what's going on right now with a tiny pinch of salt. While it appears great with all the symbolic gestures and inclusiveness.

With all the "Trade War" stories & Brexit (Involving Trade) there of course could be an ulterior motive and a far bigger picture.

Last edited:
Discuss or bash?

Discuss or bash?

Well people have opinions. Opinions are part of peoples discussions.

If you have a negative opinion of someone then you could use many adjectives to decribe those opinions, "Bashing" is one. If someone has a positive opinion of someone you could say "Ass licking" is one.

I don't see your point. If you are sensitive to negative feedback of someone you support, then do we just shut down all threads because you don't like peoples opinion? Or "Bashing"?

Steviedoo ended her response to weesies question: "Can we not discuss such threads without it being forked?"

With: "So to answer your question more truthfully. No we can’t do that."

So because people can't take negative criticism of Trump or the USA Government, they report threads to have them closed?

Let's all just take the whole internet down if you are so sensitive to what you read or with opinions you don't agree with....jeeesh.

Bafoon

Very dirty and ignorant, self entitled people.

obnoxious, rude, bloodthirsty school shooting animals

Is it any wonder why the " World police" (America) are very selective about which "nasty" Countries President/dictatorship go unpunished/unchecked when there is no financial or strategic gain for America and its chums?

This video may shed a bit more light on America profiteering once again by foreign intervention. Who will be next?

Other than that, Mr. T will have a peripheral, if any, influence to what is happening and that only if anything at all will actually happen. The major talks / decisions will be made between Russia, China, NK and SK although Mr. T will spin it to be all his works.

Well people have opinions. Opinions are part of peoples discussions.

If you have a negative opinion of someone then you could use many adjectives to decribe those opinions, "Bashing" is one. If someone has a positive opinion of someone you could say "Ass licking" is one.

I don't see your point. If you are sensitive to negative feedback of someone you support, then do we just shut down all threads because you don't like peoples opinion? Or "Bashing"?

Steviedoo ended her response to weesies question: "Can we not discuss such threads without it being forked?"

With: "So to answer your question more truthfully. No we can’t do that."

So because people can't take negative criticism of Trump or the USA Government, they report threads to have them closed?

Let's all just take the whole internet down if you are so sensitive to what you read or with opinions you don't agree with....jeeesh.

We can’t have a discussio, no...cuz of all that went on in the president trump thread....sorry....the criticisms were getting personal...and that is why the thread got shut down....look at this thread....I posted a week ago...and weesie is now asking me why I said what I said....and I take it she took it personally.

So we are all now extra sensitive...me included.

No one accused anyone of hating American people But if You hate our policies it feels like you hate us. I think that’s my feeling and anyone else who is American.

You hate what the USA government does...well we are the USA governement. I don’t think we see a distinction.

But you are right PEACE is good.

Is it any wonder why the " World police" (America) are very selective about which "nasty" Countries President/dictatorship go unpunished/unchecked when there is no financial or strategic gain for America and its chums?

This video may shed a bit more light on America profiteering once again by foreign intervention. Who will be next?

Other than that, Mr. T will have a peripheral, if any, influence to what is happening and that only if anything at all will actually happen. The major talks / decisions will be made between Russia, China, NK and SK although Mr. T will spin it to be all his works.

Thank you.

See geordiecolin. I was not the only one who thought the way you started off that post was anti American.

And I’m sorry maybe you might not see it as that but it is.

Last edited:
Bafoon

Very dirty and ignorant, self entitled people.

obnoxious, rude, bloodthirsty school shooting animals

Uh, no.

buffoon

noun
noun: buffoon; plural noun: buffoons
  1. a ridiculous but amusing person; a clown.

Thank you.

See geordiecolin. I was not the only one who thought the way you started off that post was anti American.

And I’m sorry maybe you might not see it as that but it is.

But slotplayer is using a quote I used as an example. To show that people are Anti American.

I didn't call Americans obnoxious, rude, bloodthirsty school shooting animals. :rolleyes:

Nor did I call Trump a "Bafoon" which Slotplayer also wrote. I called him a buffoon. I don't even think the word Bafoon exists.

Here is what I did say:

It's really simple:

A) I hate Americans; they are obnoxious, rude, bloodthirsty school shooting animals.
B) I hate the American Government; they are always getting involved in world affairs, playing world police and breaking International Law by arming and funding terrorist organizations in the Middle East.

One is not the same as the other in any way whatsoever. So please direct me to a post where people have been Anti American in the example used in A).

So I don't understand Slotplayers manipulative post to try and put what I wrote in a negative anti american manner; which it wasn't.

You guys are clearly being toxic and I'm baffled by the mental gymnastics yous will go through to enforce your ideas that a lot of us CM members are Anti American when in fact we are not.

Last edited:
But slotplayer is using a quote I used as an example. To show that people are Anti American.

I didn't call Americans obnoxious, rude, bloodthirsty school shooting animals. :rolleyes:

Nor did I call Trump a "Bafoon" which Slotplayer also wrote. I called him a buffoon. I don't even think the word Bafoon exists.

So I don't understand Slotplayers manipulative post to try and put what I wrote in a negative anti american manner; which it wasn't.

You guys are clearly being toxic and I'm baffled by the mental gymnastics yous will go through to enforce your ideas that a lot of us CM members are Anti American when in fact we are not.

Hang on a minute....don’t put me in same category as slotplayer.

I just agreed with his post cuz he quoted the geordiecolin post...that’s it. Cuz there was someone else who thought it was anti American. (I edited my earlier
post quoting slotplayer to reflect my agreement to that and nothing else in that post)

Anyway chipkin I’m not toxic. I was merely responding to your posts cuz you said why do you think we are American haters.

As for your or his definition of bafoon...yes he got it wrong. And he should apologize.

Hang on a minute....don’t put me in same category as slotplayer.

I just agreed with his post cuz he quoted the geordiecolin post...that’s it. Cuz there was someone else who thought it was anti American. (I edited my earlier
post quoting slotplayer to reflect my agreement to that and nothing else in that post)

Anyway chipkin I’m not toxic. I was merely responding to your posts cuz you said why do you think we are American haters.

As for your or his definition of bafoon...yes he got it wrong. And he should apologize.

Yea but he used a quote of mine which was used to point out that people aren't anti american to spin it like I said something anti american.

Then you agreed with his post to reinforce your view that people are anti american...which I clearly don't agree with just because they disagree with Trump or American Foreign Policy, I feel like opinions (Negative or not) are part of discussions on political threads.

I also meant it was toxic in general to keep reinforcing the view of people being anti American. It's toxic to the discussion. I don't mean you are personally a toxic person, I'm sure you are great :thumbsup:

Edit: I also don't want an apology from anyone.

Yea but he used a quote of mine which was used to point out that people aren't anti american to spin it like I said something anti american.

Then you agreed with his post to reinforce your view that people are anti american...which I clearly don't agree with just because they disagree with Trump or American Foreign Policy, I feel like opinions (Negative or not) are part of discussions on political threads.

I also meant it was toxic in general to keep reinforcing the view of people being anti American. It's toxic to the discussion. I don't mean you are personally a toxic person, I'm sure you are great :thumbsup:

Edit: I also don't want an apology from anyone.

No I agreed with his post cuz of the geordiecolin quote. Not because of his nonsense he manipulated to make it seem you said those things. Which is way out of line. And I’m sorry I agreed with him now cuz it was only part of his post and made it seem that I agreed with the nonsense he manipulated to make it seem you said those things. Sorry

No I agreed with his post cuz of the geordiecolin quote. Not because of his nonsense he manipulated to make it seem you said those things. Which is way out of line. And I’m sorry I agreed with him now cuz it was only part of his post.

Ah, I thought you were agreeing with it overall. And like i said I don't want or need an apology from you, you've done nothing wrong apart from having an opinion :thumbsup:

Last edited:
just two cents here
threads get shut down when people don't follow the posting rules - example: being rude to other members.
And in politically charged threads, often attacks become personal rather than the subject at hand.
Personally, I can't stand Trump. That's my prerogative. That's my posting prerogative.
That doesn't mean I'm anti-American and to think so is silly. I can call him a silly-billy, or being an 18+ thread, an ass-hat. I can't however, call a member that. I don't have to agree with a member's political leanings, or religious, or anything really - here, in CM, howeveri have to respect, or at least, tolerate it and be civil. That's all. Nothing more. Nothing less.
And yeah, we're all human, and bite back when the subject is personal. And when that happens, as adults, a public or private apology does wonders - and where needed, reporting a post, comes into play.

But for me, let's say, just because I don't beleive in example, capital punishment, just because some American states DO have it, or some members prescribe to it doesnt mean I'm anti-American or anti-American members because of policy.

:)
anyway, rant over
(phew good thing it's a rant thread :p )

Last edited:

Here is what I did say:

Nothing manipulative about it, that was just 3 pages worth of insults and cheap shots, what would happen if the thread went to 152 pages like the "Trump" thread?

Its not any single one that makes them come across as Anti-USA/American/Trump. its the collection.

I was quoting you, I know what buffoon means and knew it was spelled wrong.

You didn't put a question mark next to your example, it was written as a statement. Maybe it was an opportunity at getting in a cheap shot without making it obvious and getting some push back? Perhaps it was just a bad interpretation by me?

I will say you're fair minded though. I don't think I can recall a post where someone was willing to give "T" credit if it was justly deserved.

@Steviedoo

I do not like what a lot of the uk government does. If someone from outside the uk claimed to hate the uk government, being a gambler who cant turn down a +ev gamble I'd take a side bet that once given anyones reason(s) that i would nod and agree with them.
I would ceartinly not feel as though if you hated our government then you also hate us. By doing so it could possibly mean that if i turned from once loving our governments policies and to begin hating our governments policies then by such reasoning perhaps i should now hate myself.
I, alike many people from the uk can often be seen in comment threads away from this site stating that i do not agree with decisions they (uk government) have made and as such they do not carry my blessing neither do they represent me because i, alike many people in the uk, have often been disgusted by their actions and in full agreement sometimes of those who display anger(its the net, so hate to! lol) towards our country.. and many uk citizens can often be seen stating this as well online, that this is a feeling for many citizens of the uk, who refuse to just stand behind shameful PM's waving flags because they are those who speak for us, and as such claim to represent us.
Often, uk citizens can be found apolagizing for a government that they have grown tired of and simply do not like in an attempt to remind others that our government does not carry the will of alot of its citizens anymore, and for quite some time.

Im sorry, but i have also seen hundreds of comments on various different places online where Americans strongly disapprove of usa policies, and often needlessly apolagize on behalf of their government claiming many americans are tired of the decisions made by those who represent them. Spending tax money taken from citizens and using it to send family and friends to fight and die in wars they should not need to sacrifice themselves for (just like the uk as well) all the while bringing further resent and anger towards the country as a whole.....while those who give the orders drive home in an expensive car, spark up a cuban and watch the latest slaughter unfold (of both their own citizens and also who is deemed the enemy of the week) unfold from a comfy 2.5k arm chair .

So unless thats just hundreds of trolls on different media sites, forums and youtube vids that i alone have stumbled across, who claim many also share their feelings, it cannot be all americans who feel that by attacking US policies it is an personal attack . I think It would be horrendously naive to make that assumption but at the same time forgivable simply because such intervention and policies have been pissing people off for so long that the US (and to a large degree, the uk included) for one reason or another is always being verbally attacked from other countries.
ive found statements that simply say "the biggest terrorists on this planet are the US, UK and france" . I dont take this personally despite it saddens me to read. But i can with an open mind understand their reasoning for coming to such a conclusion, due to our continuous attempt at intervention.... something we seem to be hell bent on doing... to the point our government has to lie to its citizens in order to gain enough positive backing before sending its citizens out too do its desired dirty work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back