North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame! He’s now gone into hiding actually, don’t hear much from the fantastic patriot lol

Yes, yes we are still a country. We're used to having no federal government so don't worry about us.

Actually even the Financial Times did a piece on the Belgian approach of locking down as they expected it to be very chaotic and it turned out to be alright.

Yes, yes we are still a country. We're used to having no federal government so don't worry about us.

Actually even the Financial Times did a piece on the Belgian approach of locking down as they expected it to be very chaotic and it turned out to be alright.
Sorry. I didn’t mean any disrespect with my post genuinely.
The Chinese virus was something nobody could prepare for or deal with as the people requested.
that would be impossible. It’s also very easy at the moment to attempt to score political points.
But Nigel ( mr Great Britain ) and his absence have hardly contributed to his public opinion, or lack of it.

I think Trump may have a point here, china's deaths per 100,000 doesn't look realistic on this chart.

View attachment 128640

While I do not trust 100% what China says, I experienced myself a few times during my travels the powers the Chinese government can exercise. So, let's start with saying that Hubei province has appr. 58 million people, which makes it comparable to Italy/Spain/UK.

Plus, you have to know what Chinese people do before the Lunar New Year. The holidays start on the day of the reunion dinner which was 25th Jan this year. Now, in China you do not get days off early and many do not have any other holidays in a year except for the CNY, usually starting with New Year's Eve.

In the weeks prior to the CNY, Chinese people try to avoid travel and prepare for the big day. Those not home will travel mostly 1 day before or on the day of the reunion dinner. It's like a mass migration in China every year, and to the largest extend it is all on public transport - trains, busses and air.

Now, Hubei province was shut down at 10am on 23rd Jan. People had 8 hours warning before the lockdown, hence, the vast majority did not get to travel for CNY, which IMO contained much of the potential spread. And a lockdown in China is a lockdown, not what we have in the Western world where you can still go out shopping, for walks etc.

Assuming the timeline of infections is somewhat correct, e.g. the first case appeared in mid-December 2019, there was a limited time for the virus to spread before the lockdown. More cities and provinces were locked down later on which further contained the spread.

Now, let's compare that to Europe and the US. For the entire period of 23rd Jan (the moment where the world should have been alarmed because the Chinese locking down an entire province should have served as a red flag) to end of Feb/mid-March, there was nowhere a lockdown, no restrictions of travel, nada, nothing, zip, zilch. Given a regular infection rate what we know from SARS of 1:1.4 (meaning one infected person will infect on average 1.4 people), you can do the math, considering the mobile society we have become.

E.g. Germany still held all its Carnival parties/balls, Austria did not close skiing resorts, etc. etc. Similar in the US, which is probably the country with most air travel/capita.

What made matters worse is that COVID-19 has a higher infection rate, simply because of the asymptomatic transmission which was not the case for SARS. You could easily detect and quarantine people with SARS because they were infectious only when they showed symptoms. I remember SARS very well because I was on a 3-week trip through Asia when it all started. The conference I was supposed to attend in Singapore that year was cancelled because of it. But it was relatively easy to contain, e.g. taking temperature measurements at the airport.

The last thing, think of the size of China and then look at some countries in Europe or the US. Some parts are heavily affected while others have very little spread. The same goes for China which taken by the size is larger than all of Europe. Hence, you won't have an even spread across the entire country.

Overall, I do not trust the Chinese numbers to 100% but neither those of any other country. However, I am pretty sure if every country would have locked down in a similar fashion as the Chinese did with Hubei (which is comparable to most countries in size and population), we would have seen much less spread, less infections and ultimately a much lower death rate. But we didn't!

If you want to call up history, compare the 1911 Manchurian pneumonic plague and the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic. Considering it was more than 100 years ago, you'll be surprised to find out who contained the disease quickly (comparable to the Hubei lockdown) and who covered it up so much that it cost millions of lives across the globe. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

Before pointing the fingers always at China as many of you do here, it may be worth looking at your own doorstep first. The funniest thing is that all are saying, China cannot be trusted. So why have then each and every one of your political leaders sat on their *ss for weeks without doing anything to contain the spread. They all knew it by mid-January 2020!!! Pointing the finger now to China is an easy scapegoat and an especially welcome one for Mr T. Geez, it was Obama the other day, then the WHO and now it's back to China. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Have some fantastic chocolates and the finest collection of Bonanza (ex?) players this generations seen.

And that's what's important.

But gave birth to Stella Artois but take that a mild transgression.

Belgium 2 England 0 - Farage seemed to inspire them after this :laugh:

Trump no matter your opinions will win 2020 with ease.
It’s those whom are so dead against him blindly that are infact gifting him more votes.
I’ll not bother with this anti trump thread any longer.
But will return to salt mine and gloat at the hatred spewed and lefty tantrums.
And sox
The American voting system is totally rediculous to my mind. Only two parties to choose from and as equally corrupt as each other.

Have some fantastic chocolates and the finest collection of Bonanza (ex?) players this generations seen.

And that's what's important.

But gave birth to Stella Artois but take that a mild transgression.

Belgium 2 England 0 - Farage seemed to inspire them after this :laugh:

Ex for now! With sportsbetting on its arse my disposable income is too :oops:

The American voting system is totally rediculous to my mind. Only two parties to choose from and as equally corrupt as each other.
They submitted the evidence 3 times to the FBI as the first 2 where either lost or ignored! But what these guys are submitting is only the tip of the iceburg as far as how evil the Clintons are

After about 3.5 years, he's finally found an opportunity to sign his "dream EO". :rolleyes:

Maybe the 1/3 of medical staff and nurses who are immigrants and work in US hospitals should stop working for a week to show him what immigration means to the US.

View attachment 128818
isnt america the leader in covid cases? does anyone even wanna go? :eek2:

The donald just read Harry’s nonsense...

Attachments

• 9AF27E34-0C4D-4C41-A8EA-3F737FE2A189.jpeg
    9AF27E34-0C4D-4C41-A8EA-3F737FE2A189.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 14
The donald just read Harry’s nonsense...

Aww that's cute! Little Donny has learned to read! You must be a proud parent <3
Hope you've remembered to give him plenty of compliments or he gets a bit grumpy. But that's expected for his age I guess. Just don't let him watch too much tv or he doesn't develop mentally. He should go out and play with his friends if he has any.

Guess dr. Trump and Fox were wrong (again). Hydroxychloroquine didn't seem to help at all. Seemed to have made things worse. Fox doesn't even bother saying anything about the actual studies of that medicine since they about advertised for that medicine.
Wonder when right-wing people get tired of being wrong on so many things all the time.

Guess dr. Trump and Fox were wrong (again). Hydroxychloroquine didn't seem to help at all. Seemed to have made things worse. Fox doesn't even bother saying anything about the actual studies of that medicine since they about advertised for that medicine.
Wonder when right-wing people get tired of being wrong on so many things all the time.

A good overview :)

Aww that's cute! Little Donny has learned to read! You must be a proud parent <3
Hope you've remembered to give him plenty of compliments or he gets a bit grumpy. But that's expected for his age I guess. Just don't let him watch too much tv or he doesn't develop mentally. He should go out and play with his friends if he has any.
And this is possibly the guy who will push aside the even older Biden to run against Trump. It wasn't so easy to find funnily enough in the media

Last edited:
And this is possibly the guy who will push aside the even older Biden to run against Trump. It wasn't so easy to find funnily enough in the media

47k dead americans and counting.
And sorry to ruin your day but no one is going to replace Biden as the nominee. Not Cuomo...not Clinton...not even Michelle Obama. But I guess that's what you desperate right-wingers keep hoping.
For you I'd suggest that you start watching Hannity...let's do this step-by-step. Plenty of conspiracies there too to keep you entertained. Just a bit more sanity I guess. Then slowly ease your way to Laura Ingraham who might accidently blurt out the truth every now and then. If you reach that far then try Tucker every now and then...see if he can entertain you enough. He'll surely go insane when talking about democrats/liberals/racism but on other things he can talk a bit sense to you I guess. If you reach that point...then we can try to have a rational conversation.

47k dead americans and counting.
And sorry to ruin your day but no one is going to replace Biden as the nominee. Not Cuomo...not Clinton...not even Michelle Obama. But I guess that's what you desperate right-wingers keep hoping.
For you I'd suggest that you start watching Hannity...let's do this step-by-step. Plenty of conspiracies there too to keep you entertained. Just a bit more sanity I guess. Then slowly ease your way to Laura Ingraham who might accidently blurt out the truth every now and then. If you reach that far then try Tucker every now and then...see if he can entertain you enough. He'll surely go insane when talking about democrats/liberals/racism but on other things he can talk a bit sense to you I guess. If you reach that point...then we can try to have a rational conversation.
I personally do not care too much who runs and who doesn't. Partly because its totally out of my control as a UK citizen and because the whole political system in America stinks.
Your jumping to huge conclusions when you suggest that I am a right winger. The rest of your post has no significance to me.
Again attacking the poster instead of addressing the post. That is where this forum is failing big time.

Back on topic as you decided to reply. What do you think of the high praise that Cuomo lavished on Trump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back