North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
"This requirement was intended to protect the nation from foreign influence".

Yep, I get the irony. Trump, a natural-born citizen attempting to persuade the Ukrain president (a foreign influence) to dig up dirt on his political opponent, hence jeopardizing a vital national interest - the electoral process in 2020.

Interestingly from wikipedia:

Natural-born-citizen clause

Status as a natural-born citizen of the United States is one of the eligibility requirements established in the United States Constitution for holding the office of President or Vice President. This requirement was intended to protect the nation from foreign influence.

And yet here you have a lady who was born and grew up in NE england with british parents, playing a major role in the removal of a natural-born citizen from the office of President. Don't you see the irony, she wouldn't be able to run for the presidency but she can play a critical role in the impeachment of someone who can.

Why is it ironic?

What you are implying - nay, stating - is that anyone who is not an American citizen by birth is therefore a second rate citizen and not as patriotic?

That is certainly is what it sounds like and is an appalling stance to take; criticising someone and totally discounting their expertise/knowledge etc. purely because of their accent and place of birth.

No wonder the USA is in such a mess, with bigoted views like this being propagated over and over again.

As for only natural-born citizens being able to become President - that is such an antiquated rule it needs to be abolished poste haste, as many other countries have had Presidents/Prime Ministers/Senators etc. who were naturalised, and who have been a credit to their adopted country.

Perhaps Arnold Schwarzenegger - born and brought up in Austria, with very strong traces of his original accent remaining - should never have been elected Governor of California as he obviously isn't as patriotic as an American-born citizen.

president Trump telling ppl at florida rally...that dems don’t want thanksgiving... to be called thanksgiving.

he is just bat shit crazy

dont know how ppl still
take him seriously.

or

its fake news.

It's the same kinda stuff that goes around on Facebook and Twitter how liberals want to get rid of Christmas, or how a family that had to flee their country seeking asylum gets much more welfare money than a regular citizen in need,... You name it and there is a fake news meme about it. The sad part about it is the president of the USA says this on live tv and in his tweets.

It's the same kinda stuff that goes around on Facebook and Twitter how liberals want to get rid of Christmas, or how a family that had to flee their country seeking asylum gets much more welfare money than a regular citizen in need,... You name it and there is a fake news meme about it. The sad part about it is the president of the USA says this on live tv and in his tweets.
76747559_10213292477621556_5468279802089701376_n.jpg

(just happened to cross my feed recently) :p

I just saw a clip from Kimmel where he showed Mr T signing the Women's Suffrage Centennial Commemorative Coin Act with lots of ladies around him.

He then turns around and asked with all seriousness: "Why wasn't it done a long time ago"? only to answer himself: "I guess the answer is because I am now president. We get a lot of things done that nobody else did." :rolleyes:

Because this year is the centennial you dummy as in 100 years. That happens only once.

Geez, I am baffled that Americans can still keep quiet about this guy with the stupidity he shows every day and even worse, that some are saying he was sent by God. :rolleyes:

I just saw a clip from Kimmel where he showed Mr T signing the Women's Suffrage Centennial Commemorative Coin Act with lots of ladies around him.

He then turns around and asked with all seriousness: "Why wasn't it done a long time ago"? only to answer himself: "I guess the answer is because I am now president. We get a lot of things done that nobody else did." :rolleyes:

Because this year is the centennial you dummy as in 100 years. That happens only once.

Geez, I am baffled that Americans can still keep quiet about this guy and even worse, some saying he was sent by God. :rolleyes:
saw this earlier today and was surprised you hadnt added to the thread; I was expecting it. :)

Why is it ironic?

What you are implying - nay, stating - is that anyone who is not an American citizen by birth is therefore a second rate citizen and not as patriotic?

That is certainly is what it sounds like and is an appalling stance to take; criticising someone and totally discounting their expertise/knowledge etc. purely because of their accent and place of birth.

No wonder the USA is in such a mess, with bigoted views like this being propagated over and over again.

As for only natural-born citizens being able to become President - that is such an antiquated rule it needs to be abolished poste haste, as many other countries have had Presidents/Prime Ministers/Senators etc. who were naturalised, and who have been a credit to their adopted country.

Perhaps Arnold Schwarzenegger - born and brought up in Austria, with very strong traces of his original accent remaining - should never have been elected Governor of California as he obviously isn't as patriotic as an American-born citizen.

:rolleyes: as I said before I'm not in the US, I didn't discount her knowledge because of her accent, I just made the point many americans may not like a woman, who sounds a lot like a brit, attempting to stir up **** about their president.

the founding fathers put that clause in the constitution, so the reasoning was good enough for them. Can you name some naturalised presidents/prime ministers that were a credit, I can't think of many, most politicians are a pain in the ass, spouting bs they don't believe for a living.

President Schwarzenegger :laugh: I think he would've had a chance, some people were disappointed that he couldn't run for the top job, because they thought he was no-nonsense and different to the career politicians before who had done a bad job. [Some of the same reasons Trump got elected.]

"This requirement was intended to protect the nation from foreign influence".

Yep, I get the irony. Trump, a natural-born citizen attempting to persuade the Ukrain president (a foreign influence) to dig up dirt on his political opponent, hence jeopardizing a vital national interest - the electoral process in 2020.

So if the ukrainians uncovered wrongdoing by Biden the american voter mustn't be informed because the source of the information is foreign?

Biden gets the protection of immunity from exposure because he's running for the presidency, that makes a lot of sense, trump's been accused of the same thing in this thread, becoming president to avoid criminal charges until the statute runs out or something.

:rolleyes: as I said before I'm not in the US, I didn't discount her knowledge because of her accent, I just made the point many americans may not like a woman, who sounds a lot like a brit, attempting to stir up **** about their president.

the founding fathers put that clause in the constitution, so the reasoning was good enough for them. Can you name some naturalised presidents/prime ministers that were a credit, I can't think of many, most politicians are a pain in the ass, spouting bs they don't believe for a living.

President Schwarzenegger :laugh: I think he would've had a chance, some people were disappointed that he couldn't run for the top job, because they thought he was no-nonsense and different to the career politicians before who had done a bad job. [Some of the same reasons Trump got elected.]

She was not stirring up anything...she was doing her duty, she was called upon to testify.

Twisting it around mack... Trump was trying to force a foreign state into discrediting Biden. You assume there actually is any dirt on Biden, there isn't.

She was not stirring up anything...she was doing her duty, she was called upon to testify.

What did she know though that was relevant to the impeachment process, the media seemed to like the fact that she dismissed the idea ukrainians may have meddled in the 2016 election as russian propaganda. Maybe that was her sole purpose, to get that point across to the viewing public.

Twisting it around mack... Trump was trying to force a foreign state into discrediting Biden. You assume there actually is any dirt on Biden, there isn't.

You can't know that for certain, what we do know is he leveraged a billion dollars to get the ukraine's prosecutor fired, the prosecutor appointed by poroshenko and voted in by a majority in their parliament. I think it is a possibility he was trying to help his son's new employers, think of it the other way would he want the ukraine to fire that prosecutor and then hire a replacement who would go after burisma.

It is an unsubstantiated claim.

As a vice-president, Biden was prodding Ukraine’s leaders to tackle the rampant corruption that made their country a risky bet for international lenders — and pushing reform of Ukraine’s cronyism-ridden energy industry. He then delivered the message in 2014 to Poroshenko: “You have to be whiter than snow, or the whole world will abandon you.”

At the same time, Mr. Biden’s son Hunter
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
which according to some administration officials threatened to undermine Mr. Biden’s agenda. Although there's no proof whatsoever for this assumption.

Thanks to Trump and Giuliani, that subplot has now swallowed the storyline. Their efforts to press Ukrainian officials to investigate unsubstantiated charges against the Bidens have propelled Trump to the brink of impeachment. They have also put Biden on the defensive at a critical moment in the Democratic presidential primary campaign. And that is the whole idea: Republicans hoping to redirect the spotlight onto the Bidens.

And now IG's report came and it says that FBI didn't spy Trump's campaign. Trump and right-wingers keep accusing everyone and you seem to be always wrong. Now you're going after Hunter Biden and spoiler alert...you won't find anything wrong there either. Wonder who is your next target.

In the meanwhile Trump's lawyers keep going to jail. Nunes meeting with criminals and seeing what he can do and of course lying about it. Are there any honest people left in the right-wing after McCain died and all honorable people leaving the republican party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back