CM Announcement New forum on the horizon - your wish list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like that when you click any link in thread (or where ever) it would open in new tab. Then you would still stay at same place in thread you were instead of you have to press yourself back and many times one link have some other links in story and you can end up quite far where you were (yeah, should remember to use open in new tab in browser but maybe this is just something i'm used to).

Threads over 200 or what ever amount of pages could be closed and new one opened with same name and "Vol 2" after name so all could see that there are older posts from some earlier thread about same subject. Too long ones are bit overwhelming and could be stored for all to find who wish to.

Proberly working search function is not easy to make that you actually find what you are looking for, hope that get sorted and we can avoid double topics (it's more efficient to see if there are some lot discussed issues if posts are under one topic instead of 12, from number of pages and posts can easily see how big issue is and how many are struggling with something).

Not much to give, i find CM very clear and easy to follow, nice to see that Bryan still have passion to make this better place to us to be :thumbsup::thumbsup::cheers:

A streaming tears emoji would be great for the 'screenshots that suck' thread...
500_F_138020343_Fi9rgus7fOyT04Th6LE2Ch9OgzLm4YqA.jpg

Agree with 'open links in new tab' - its REALLY annoying not having that happen

May be more work than its worth, however just an idea....

How about an activity indicator next to username, could use the green, amber, red system.

For example, logged in in last 7 days, indicator is green, over 2 weeks, amber, over one month red. May help flag up AWOL reps etc who need to log in for their accreditation and not so clued up members whether their PM is worthwhile and stands a chance of a reply or more like pissing in to the wind.

Would be cool if I could click on my avatar in the thread title (see pic), and the thread auto-searched all my messages within it. Probably highly unlikely but it's something I've always wished was available.

Can the search function be addressed please.

Unless its me not using it correctly ( :oops: ) when I type the actual thread name (assuming I've remembered it correctly :p ) I regularly get pages of stuff that I'm not after, maybe slightly related but just one keyword if that :confused: and rarely directed straight to what I am looking for.

Cheers!

+1 - definitely the worst thing about vB.

+1 - definitely the worst thing about vB.
We haven't used vB since December 2018 :lolup:

Anyway, to keep everyone up to speed, I have been traveling extensively for the past couple of weeks, I am back home now to catch my breath, but will be heading to Japan on Monday for another couple of weeks (I'm a grandpa now and will be visiting my eldest daughter and grandson :D).

So the relaunch will be happening the first week of July upon my return. Sorry it has taken a bit longer than expected, but it's a big task that takes a lot of attention to detail, and I need to be in the commander's chair when it happens. :thumbsup:

Anyway, to keep everyone up to speed, I have been traveling extensively for the past couple of weeks, I am back home now to catch my breath, but will be heading to Japan on Monday for another couple of weeks (I'm a grandpa now and will be visiting my eldest daughter and grandson :D).

So the relaunch will be happening the first week of July upon my return. Sorry it has taken a bit longer than expected, but it's a big task that takes a lot of attention to detail, and I need to be in the commander's chair when it happens. :thumbsup:

Welcome back boss.
I think we have been mostly well behaved this time, in your absence...
and congrats on the new family addition x

So we now have a Mini Meister :eek:! All bow down to Bryan Jr! (Till he's old enough to drink a pint with us at the Meister Meets of course! :cheers:

Technically he's a mini-mini me.

And when he's old enough to drink in the UK, I will be pushing 80 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back