Neteller Check Bounces!

lots0

Banned User - troll posts - flaming
I was one of those Americans with a few bucks in neteller.

I requested a check the first day I could and today the check showed up in the mail and I went to cash it...

The bank told me they had so far turned down over $50,000 in Neteller checks, not including my check, as of 2:00pm today...

The Neteller checks are no fucking good...

The check Neteller sent me was made on this account:

CARDLOAD INC.
Suite#64008, 5512 - 4th street nw
Calgary,Alberta T2K 6J0

The Neteller checks are no fucking good...

The check Neteller sent me was made on this account:

CARDLOAD INC.
Suite#64008, 5512 - 4th street nw
Calgary,Alberta T2K 6J0

i just got my ACH from Neteller a few days ago. it was processed via cardload and seems to have gone thru with no problem.

sorry to hear about your check. if I was a betting man I'd guess that the banks never got the memo that it's ok to accept these.

I guess I won't bother trying to cash my 74 cent check. Yes, you read it right, 74 cents.

:lolup:

I sure hope they start accepting them soon though...for everyone else's sake.

I requested a check the first day I could and today the check showed up in the mail and I went to cash it...

The bank told me they had so far turned down over $50,000 in Neteller checks, not including my check, as of 2:00pm today...

The Neteller checks are no [expletive deleted] good...
The title is misleading, it gives the impression that the checks are written on an account with insufficient funds, when the problem appears to be with your bank.

The title is misleading, it gives the impression that the checks are written on an account with insufficient funds, when the problem appears to be with your bank.
Until the word appears can be removed with certainty from your post, the title is not misleading. mind boggling, do not make me pull a MIKE031 and grant u a deathwish,:D

When I talked to the bank manager (yes I talked to the manager) he told me about the the other $50 thousand that his bank had already turned down after I started arguing with him about taking the check.

He told me that the Federal Reserve would not process the check... So he was unable to even determine if there was a Neteller (CARDLOAD) account because of the way the Federal Reserve was handling this.

The bank manager also told me something interesting... He said, that the DoJ can't over ride a law, (in other words the DoJ can NOT tell you it is OK to break the law) and the current law says that the Banks can NOT process these checks and the Banks are going to follow the law.

The bank manager also told me that the EFT's were handled differently than the paper checks, he thought that was why the EFT's went threw when the paper checks would not.

I am so angry, I feel like wiping my rear with my worthless Neteller paper check and then sending it to the US Attorney in New York with an invitation for him to eat it...

Poor Poor Neteller

Good post Lots0

The EFT/ACH network is very different, and I think NACHA (the organisation behind ACH transactions) will possibly step in soon and block Card Load from sending them.

This creates a big bind for Neteller, how do the give you your money when they want to and your bank and government says NO.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if only certain banks are pulling this, since my bank cashed my Neteller check today without question.

Did you just deposit the check or cash it outright?

According to the Bank Manager I talked too, it is the Federal Reserve, so it would be all the Banks and not just a few of them.

My check was a bit bigger and I wanted to cash it, not deposit it, so they tried to verify the check right then and there.

It is just like a forged check, (I got one a while back) the Bank took it (they did not try to verify the check on deposit) and even gave me cash back when I deposited it... Then in a about a week I got an overdraft notice from the Bank when they found out the check was a phony...

I'm wondering if only certain banks are pulling this, since my bank cashed my Neteller check today without question.
Of course, mine was just for a whopping 50 bucks.

I would redeposit that money, and not touch it.

I believe the only reason they cashed it is the fact that you had available funds to cover the check, even if it was bad. When cashing a check, they do not do any checks to see if the check is good or not.

Don't be surprised if they deduct $50 from your account when/if the check doesn't clear.

What a fine mess this is... how will it turn out? As c_note said, nacha will probably stop processing the ach. Will the fed set up a special account that NT pays into and youd have to get a check from the fed rather than NT? Documents please.

I should mention that afaik Section 5364 doesn't require anybank to do anything unless they have been given the directive and guidelines by the regulators. I either missed that news, it hasn't been announced yet, or Lots0's bank manager is being overzealous.

I've been doing a bit of Googling...I can't find another instance out there in any other forum in which someone has found that their check is no good. I know that doesn't mean that much, but it's still interesting.
My personal bank account is only used for transferring money from or to Paypal, Ecocard, and ePassporte, and the occasional pack of cigs...when I cashed the check there was a balance of 3 bucks in there.

And yes, I know I may be just grasping at straws here.

Until the word appears can be removed with certainty from your post, the title is not misleading. mind boggling, do not make me pull a MIKE031 and grant u a deathwish,:D

It is clear from lots0's post that the check did not bounce, it had no chance to bounce as his bank refused to accept it.

When I talked to the bank manager (yes I talked to the manager) he told me about the the other $50 thousand that his bank had already turned down after I started arguing with him about taking the check.

when I cashed the check there was a balance of 3 bucks in there.

Which bank was this? I have never seen a bank that will actually cash a check on the spot without having funds to cover it in the account. Hell, I even tried to cash a CASHIERS check last week for $750 and they wouldn't do it because I only had a few bucks in my account as well. They made me deposit it, and wait the normal 24 hrs for the check to clear.

It is clear from lots0's post that the check did not bounce, it had no chance to bounce as his bank refused to accept it.
Suit yourself, whatever! I find the use of the term "bounce" as a generic term for a situation of this type regardless of technicality. I get your point, you missed a point..................Big cocaine bust headlines read all the time''Narcotic bust,blah,blah......", Since when did cocaine become a narcotic yet the term narcotic is generically used all the time for cocaine which granted is 100% wrong but now a fully accepted generic term for cocaine, maybe you see my point now.

Last edited:
What a fine mess this is... how will it turn out? As c_note said, nacha will probably stop processing the ach. Will the fed set up a special account that NT pays into and youd have to get a check from the fed rather than NT? Documents please.

I should mention that afaik Section 5364 doesn't require anybank to do anything unless they have been given the directive and guidelines by the regulators. I either missed that news, it hasn't been announced yet, or Lots0's bank manager is being overzealous.

Several months ago banks were 'alerted' to watch for online gaming transactions, but as far as I know (can't find anything new online about it) , the feds (Sec. of Treasury, etc.) have not formally sent out the guidelines and directives for UIGEA to the banks. Sooo.... I agree, it sounds as if the bank is taking all this anti-gambling stuff seriously.

And if the DoJ set up their own account to launder NETeller payments to US players... wouldn't that be 'payment processing' and against the law, too? :p

The bank manager also told me something interesting... He said, that the DoJ can't over ride a law, (in other words the DoJ can NOT tell you it is OK to break the law) and the current law says that the Banks can NOT process these checks and the Banks are going to follow the law.
Why couldn't he work for a telephone company and not allow wiretaps without warrants?

The law does not say that the checks can't be processed. It does say that it is illegal to process a transaction for the purposes of gambling.

As this is a payment of accounts, it should not fall under that restriction. Furthermore, the Treasury Department has yet to provide the guidelines under which a transaction is deemed to be for the purposes of gambling - and thus they cannot effectively enforce the law anyhow.

While I won't go far as to say the bank is wrong, I tend to believe that they have misinterpreted the new regulations.

Which bank was this? I have never seen a bank that will actually cash a check on the spot without having funds to cover it in the account. Hell, I even tried to cash a CASHIERS check last week for $750 and they wouldn't do it because I only had a few bucks in my account as well. They made me deposit it, and wait the normal 24 hrs for the check to clear.
Small town, everybody knows everybody, etc. Plus we have a family account and savings account. The tellers knew I'd been waiting months for the Neteller money...and didn't bat an eye over cashing it, the same as they've never had a problem with cashing checks from pokerrooms, etc.
So, I don't know why one bank goes apeshit, and another doesn't.:what:

Small town, everybody knows everybody, etc. Plus we have a family account and savings account. The tellers knew I'd been waiting months for the Neteller money...and didn't bat an eye over cashing it, the same as they've never had a problem with cashing checks from pokerrooms, etc.
So, I don't know why one bank goes apeshit, and another doesn't.:what:

Ahhh, ok....

They probably knew that there was enough money in the other accounts to cover it, or just knew that you were good for it, in case it bounced :)

That's the nice thing about small towns and small banks, compared to large corporations/bank chains.

I also tried yesterday to cash the check at a check cashing place.

I had the same result. The check cashing place would not cash it either.

So... The bottom line is unless something changes, I am really and truly out the money and Neteller gets to keep my money and there is not a damn thing I can do about it.

I also tried yesterday to cash the check at a check cashing place.

I had the same result. The check cashing place would not cash it either.

So... The bottom line is unless something changes, I am really and truly out the money and Neteller gets to keep my money and there is not a damn thing I can do about it.

Bummer... Have you asked them to cancel the check and affect an ACH transfer?

Good luck:thumbsup:

You can try..

If you can get neteller to change it to ACH, that would be your best option.

If you can't, sign the check over to someone you trust who uses a credit union/5 branch type bank, and have them write you out a check or send you a transfer. Also, what bank is the check drawn on? You might be able to cash it at a branch of that bank (if its less than a couple thou).

This "MIGHT" work. No guarantee's, warranties, limitations or realibility implied. Might not work as advertised. Warranty void if seal damaged/removed.

Why did the check cashing place refuse it? My guess is because it was Canadian, not because it was from Cardload or Neteller.

Anyway, it sounds like your bank is being a douche by not accepting the check. I'd look into another bank, another check cashing place. Endorsing it over to someone else's account might be tough (third-party checks and all) but worth a shot in desperation. You could also try contacting the Bank upon which the check was drawn and see if there's any way to change it into a cashier's check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back