My online slots videos (plus UK AWPs)

Right, finally got around to watching this tonight, most enjoyable and brought back some amazing memories.

As always cannot resist sharing my experiences as with more recently Barcrest's Up n' Over

When you get some spare time @ChopleyIOM , try the following, this is how we played it

1) Ignore all wins as with your existing method, get machine warmed up and '?' rarely killing off.
2) Refuse 4 invincible boards (can take £2, even £3 wins instead of £1's)
3) Take the cash streak whether invincible or not
4) Return to refusing all wins to see if it will go invincible again within no more than £10 - £15
5) Refuse 2 more invincible boards if possible, if it is 'playing up' refuse at least one
6) Take cash streak again whether red board or normal
7) Bash for as much after play as possible, take maybe one JP and even £10'ers after that

Let me know please if your new results differ vastly from the video :)

Jon

Cheers Jono I'll give that a go :) (A couple of people left comments on the video broadly outlining what you suggested there.)

For the record though you do know you can play these things really easily yourself? The emulator and all the layouts are entirely free to download with no strings attached, the Fruit Machine Emulation scene is 100% a hobby for everyone involved and the golden rule is no one is allowed to attempt to profit from it in any way whatsoever.

If you register over at Desert Island Fruits (the sites I often mention in my videos), everything you need is there.

The only caveat is the emulator only runs on Windows 10, there are no mobile versions or anything like that.

Ironic again mate

I was only viewing "old fruit machines" on YT last night and watched a chap explaining this, daft thing was he was using a chipped emu :confused: but did say in his defence he'd not come across an un-chipped ROM.

I know where one of these machines still is to this day lol.......

Will watch after work :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I was getting slightly frustrated (and sweary!) with it 'cause it was playing like such an arsehole, remember that session was nearly four and a half hours so there was an awful lot that wasn't in the video!

I've had a few requests for another old video upload so here's one from November 2012 when Wild Rockets was a brand new game and Redbet were accredited here at CM :)

I've had a few requests for another old video upload so here's one from November 2012 when Wild Rockets was a brand new game and Redbet were accredited here at CM :)

Ah...those were the days, the disembodied tinny voice (pre-Razer Seiren days) and Wild Rockets, which I believe has been lost in the ether of the big html5 shake-up (as was Evolution?). My best was at Unibet on £1 spins, feature on 9th.spin, 11/13 Wilds with 2 red firecrackers on the left and one of the right for 1040x....

Second edit, I'll tell you again after 8 1/2 years - flying fucking squirrels and NOT motherin' MONKEYS!

I've still got the camcorder I used to use for my videos, it still works too :) I used to have some late night sessions back then, 2am-3am and more, still on the pop and slotting away, not sure I could manage it now :D

I used to love those NetEnt games, Beach, Evolution, Wild Rockets, it's a crying shame they killed them off.

Back when there decent bonuses to be had as well, trying to make wagering and get to a cash out.

1622370502931.png

An emptiable £250 jackpot UK club machine. It doesn't see Step To Nearest Win properly, silly thing.

Do you or anyone over at DIF know if the 0-50 happy period would drop or continue if the natural JP cycle was to kick in.

Can it even drop the JP (or a £75+) win in when playing it this way?

Without the cheat and the 'block' in place how does this machine meet its RTP naturally?

Cheers!

A shocking emptier that can leave a £25 jackpot compensated AWP wanting a terrifying amount of money afterwards to offer a win of more than £5.

(I'd be doing an online slots video this evening but I literally can't give Unibet money at the moment, hopefully that'll be sorted soon.)

A shocking emptier that can leave a £25 jackpot compensated AWP wanting a terrifying amount of money afterwards to offer a win of more than £5.

(I'd be doing an online slots video this evening but I literally can't give Unibet money at the moment, hopefully that'll be sorted soon.)

While I agree with some points you make, I'm surprised at others.

You get quite cross about the fact it was possible to do such a clawback on a player and that it was "legal" the fact is that it wasn't the intention or design for that to ever happen. However with all coding errors like this nearly all compensated machines would hammer the next players until the recovery was made.

Its a bit naive to think that wouldn't happen on any compensated machine that has a coding error really, and it's probably never on the mind of any player that has a method or emptier that the next players that come along are gonna get screwed! The minute I found out about games that had an empty I stayed well clear if there wasn't a clear way to tell if it had been done or not.

You have mentioned before that you have used methods before, how did you think the machine was going to react to recover the additional cash you extracted or did you just assume it was a victimless activity?

As you said in your video its quite a strange one, that what seems to be a invincible flag being set to 1 and then just wasn't set to 0 after the jackpot award, maybe the designer wanted a small amount of after play built in eg the flag was set to 0 after a feature entry and just didn't expect a player to find the loop of gambling to jackpot after, who knows.....

Again as you also hint to in your video and I agree, Maygay were never coded very well and it shows in the amount of errors and just general crap gameplay that Maygay's suffered over the years, but they were not alone and all providers will continue to have errors while they are coded by humans lol

Maygay dropped a load of their bollox over the years but they had nothing on Ace Coin

There awful coding and nearly everything they produced having some sort of empty or force sent them bust in the end.

I had at one point in the very early 90's almost 2K in my bedroom in £1 coins, about £500 in 20p's and tokens, that's not even mentioning the notes after cashing up.

Not once did I ever feel even remotely guilty as it was all perfectly legal and AWP's never felt guilty rinsing me previous to my new acquired knowledge lol :p

Back in those days we relied on the inexperienced to refloat the machines and they were about in abundance.

Maygay dropped a load of their bollox over the years but they had nothing on Ace Coin

There awful coding and nearly everything they produced having some sort of empty or force sent them bust in the end.

I had at one point in the very early 90's almost 2K in my bedroom in £1 coins, about £500 in 20p's and tokens, that's not even mentioning the notes after cashing up.

Not once did I ever feel even remotely guilty as it was all perfectly legal and AWP's never felt guilty rinsing me previous to my new acquired knowledge lol :p

Back in those days we relied on the inexperienced to refloat the machines and they were about in abundance.

Yeah those were the days, I had 3 large washing up bowls in my boot and just kept going back to offload tokens, £1's and silver.

I remember going to Skegness one weekend with so many tokens I didn't spend any real cash all weekend and went home with £2,500 cash and still had as many tokens as I started with lol

In the week it wasn't as bad as bank was open to offload the paper cash :)

Back then arcades didn't like letting you change much up for notes, I guess they thought you was most likely to spend it back that way.

While I agree with some points you make, I'm surprised at others.

You get quite cross about the fact it was possible to do such a clawback on a player and that it was "legal" the fact is that it wasn't the intention or design for that to ever happen. However with all coding errors like this nearly all compensated machines would hammer the next players until the recovery was made.

Its a bit naive to think that wouldn't happen on any compensated machine that has a coding error really, and it's probably never on the mind of any player that has a method or emptier that the next players that come along are gonna get screwed! The minute I found out about games that had an empty I stayed well clear if there wasn't a clear way to tell if it had been done or not.

You have mentioned before that you have used methods before, how did you think the machine was going to react to recover the additional cash you extracted or did you just assume it was a victimless activity?

As you said in your video its quite a strange one, that what seems to be a invincible flag being set to 1 and then just wasn't set to 0 after the jackpot award, maybe the designer wanted a small amount of after play built in eg the flag was set to 0 after a feature entry and just didn't expect a player to find the loop of gambling to jackpot after, who knows.....

Again as you also hint to in your video and I agree, Maygay were never coded very well and it shows in the amount of errors and just general crap gameplay that Maygay's suffered over the years, but they were not alone and all providers will continue to have errors while they are coded by humans lol

Hi there Reels I appreciate you might well not have watched all of the video as it was quite long, but I do cover most of those points in there.

In summary:

1) The fact that coding errors like this happened at all is completely unacceptable IMO. It's not as if these are rare or isolated cases, the sheer number of machines that have been 'doable' over the years is simply mind-boggling. It is an abject failure on the part of both the manufacturers and the regulators. So many machines were simply not fit for purpose, and could be left in a state that simply should not have existed.

2) I say in the video words to the effect of 'I always used to feel sorry for whoever played the machine after me, because I knew what it'd do to them'. I readily accept that makes me a hypocrite, but as an addict who had lost nearly everything to compensated machines (including my life) over the course of a decade of grinding, miserable addiction, I wanted payback.

3) The very nature of compensated machines means it is inherently, by definition, not a 'victimless activity' to perform some sort of method on a machine. I've always acknowledged that.

4) I'd love to know the real details of Maygay's coding, I've heard more than one person with a good amount of knowledge say over the years that they used illegal control methods on their machines.

Bonanza Megapays, already linked in the main Bonanza thread, but I'll keep this one up to date as well.

TL: DW - Just play normal Bonanza.

Hi there Reels I appreciate you might well not have watched all of the video as it was quite long, but I do cover most of those points in there.

In summary:

1) The fact that coding errors like this happened at all is completely unacceptable IMO. It's not as if these are rare or isolated cases, the sheer number of machines that have been 'doable' over the years is simply mind-boggling. It is an abject failure on the part of both the manufacturers and the regulators. So many machines were simply not fit for purpose, and could be left in a state that simply should not have existed.

2) I say in the video words to the effect of 'I always used to feel sorry for whoever played the machine after me, because I knew what it'd do to them'. I readily accept that makes me a hypocrite, but as an addict who had lost nearly everything to compensated machines (including my life) over the course of a decade of grinding, miserable addiction, I wanted payback.

3) The very nature of compensated machines means it is inherently, by definition, not a 'victimless activity' to perform some sort of method on a machine. I've always acknowledged that.

4) I'd love to know the real details of Maygay's coding, I've heard more than one person with a good amount of knowledge say over the years that they used illegal control methods on their machines.

I relation to #4 I also have it on good authority that was also the case. I also have it on good authority that a few of the empties were coded in on purpose to fund a gambling habit.....

Can I have a gold star for watching all of that latest video? Bonanza Megaways, well II think I'd rather take a cheese grater to my balls than sacrifice that much RTP to what is essentially eye candy for 99.9% of players. During the entire video I only saw the lowest JP won a handful of times - maybe 4/5 times of 2.5hrs? Even taking into consideration you can't win a jackpot on each trigger, there still must have been a healthy enough player base across the board to give you an idea how rare the JP hit frequency's can be. Compare that to how often the minor triggers on Mega Moolah and I know which one I would be playing.
I just don't think they've got this one right, particularly with a game that the fans and seasoned players know inside out. Oh, and in your add on in free play where you do actually trigger the feature, why on earth are they using what looks like a picture of the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas in the final screen? What the heck has that do to with a Gold Rush themed slot - I wonder whether they had to seek permission to use it.

I relation to #4 I also have it on good authority that was also the case. I also have it on good authority that a few of the empties were coded in on purpose to fund a gambling habit.....

100% backed up! - Spoke with a good handful over the years who said same or similar.

I also witnessed several times 'sales' of the knowledge from pro's to what we simply called addicts or weekend players for crazy (at that time) amounts of cash.

We sold the Barcrest Up N Over 'cheat' / method along with a hopper read key to one guy for £250, although he probably easily recouped this over the next few days as he also paid the same for the Lotta Luck method.

Seeing this thread though saddens me at times in a way as it shows me that we missed out on an awful lot too.

Can I have a gold star for watching all of that latest video? Bonanza Megaways, well II think I'd rather take a cheese grater to my balls than sacrifice that much RTP to what is essentially eye candy for 99.9% of players. During the entire video I only saw the lowest JP won a handful of times - maybe 4/5 times of 2.5hrs? Even taking into consideration you can't win a jackpot on each trigger, there still must have been a healthy enough player base across the board to give you an idea how rare the JP hit frequency's can be. Compare that to how often the minor triggers on Mega Moolah and I know which one I would be playing.
I just don't think they've got this one right, particularly with a game that the fans and seasoned players know inside out. Oh, and in your add on in free play where you do actually trigger the feature, why on earth are they using what looks like a picture of the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas in the final screen? What the heck has that do to with a Gold Rush themed slot - I wonder whether they had to seek permission to use it.

On Paddy Power the mega was dropping every 10 mins and for some reason seeding back below 300k

Yeah as I conclude in the video, it fails at being Bonanza and it fails at being a progressive.

No idea who it's ultimately aimed at TBH.

BTG's Lucky Streak Mk 2, clearly inspired by 1980s UK fruit machines, it's got its hooks into me!

Video also features a new PnG game and some silly £3 spins on Immortal Romance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back