Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87

geordiecolin

7 day suspension - flaming
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
One forgets how well-spoken and presidential Obama was in his pomp, after 4 years of "yuge", "biggly" & "coffefe"
I couldn't help notice how respectful the reporter was towards Obama. It was almost as if he was among friends :laugh:

I believe there has been a lot of people elected to the supreme court in the last year of a presidents tenure for obvious reasons

mack341

It's going to be a woman come what may, democrat or republicans in power, and there can only be so many suitable candidates. If the republicans can appoint a female conservative judge now, what sense is there in them waiting and risking allowing the democrats to appoint a liberal female judge in 2021?

Considering the riots, protests and law & order issues as well, the chance to pick a new judge can't have come at a better time.

geordiecolin

PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
It's going to be a woman come what may, democrat or republicans in power, and there can only be so many suitable candidates. If the republicans can appoint a female conservative judge now, what sense is there in them waiting and risking allowing the democrats to appoint a liberal female judge in 2021?

Considering the riots, protests and law & order issues as well, the chance to pick a new judge can't have come at a better time.
The fact is that there has been 10 occasions in the past where a new member has been elected to the supreme court in the last year of a presidency,including in Obama's last year,so there can not be any complaining from the bias and blinkered.
But there will be

mack341

Yes it shouldn't matter, the best person for the role and careful consideration ought to be the way, however if another male judge is appointed I'd be flabbergasted.

mack341

The fact is that there has been 10 occasions in the past where a new member has been elected to the supreme court in the last year of a presidency,including in Obama's last year,so there can not be any complaining from the bias and blinkered.
But there will be
I didn't know that, seems to be short memories then from the complainers in the US media and politics. I think obama's last day in office was 20th jan, busy doing his pardons, and we're in late sept now so Trump has 4 months minimum left as president. That should be enough time to appoint a new judge, check their record and credentials etc.. I'm sure they've already done much of the groundwork as they knew ginsburg was seriously ill.

geordiecolin

PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
I didn't know that, seems to be short memories then from the complainers in the US media and politics. I think obama's last day in office was 20th jan, busy doing his pardons, and we're in late sept now so Trump has 4 months minimum left as president. That should be enough time to appoint a new judge, check their record and credentials etc.. I'm sure they've already done much of the groundwork as they knew ginsburg was seriously ill.
I think the first time was back in the late 1700's so the president was set many times for the,erm,President

Steviedoo

Meister Member
MM
The dems should shut up and sit down. It is the job of the senate to confirm judges the presidents picks. It is no ones fault this has happened during two election years. Just plain luck. They didn’t like garland. oh well. They didn’t want him for obvious reasons Cuz he was the pick of a democrat under a republican senate...what were the chances they were going to like his choice. Zero.

the dems will have to figure it out...they will maybe look to expand the Supreme Court to safeguard roe vs wade and other issues...if biden wins and if they win the senate that is...

im not a republican but let’s get on with it....

Playford7

Meister Member
MM

no question trump will win, have a look beyond MSM and it’s pretty clear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)