Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87

She seemed to be a proper advocate for Libertarianism and champion for equality, with her goes another piece of rationale and reasoned debate, long before Social Media hysteria came waddling along.

Because as we know today's hotbeds of discourse revolve around sexist air-conditioning or deadnaming someone

She seemed to be a proper advocate for Libertarianism and champion for equality, with her goes another piece of rationale and reasoned debate, long before Social Media hysteria came waddling along.

Because as we know today's hotbeds of discourse revolve around sexist air-conditioning or deadnaming someone
dont you dare condition that air; let that air grow up to be what it wants

but yeah, a liberal proponent, but so very much more

And we can all look forward to one more hotbed in the next 2 months

Mitch McConnell in 2016: “The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president."

Im sure he still feels that way.
:rolleyes:
oh for sure :rolleyes:

In a statement issued just over an hour after the Supreme Court said that Ginsburg had passed, McConnell said the nominee, who has not been named, “will receive a vote on the floor.”

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

(It's not mine, it's Barack Obama's :oops: )

Ruth Bader Ginsburg fought to the end, through her cancer, with unwavering faith in our democracy and its ideals. That’s how we remember her. But she also left instructions for how she wanted her legacy to be honored.

Four and a half years ago, when Republicans refused to hold a hearing or an up-or-down vote on Merrick Garland, they invented the principle that the Senate shouldn’t fill an open seat on the Supreme Court before a new president was sworn in.

A basic principle of the law — and of everyday fairness — is that we apply rules with consistency, and not based on what’s convenient or advantageous in the moment.

With all the mail ballots indications
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

(It's not mine, it's Barack Obama's :oops: )

Four and a half years ago, when Republicans refused to hold a hearing or an up-or-down vote on Merrick Garland, they invented the principle that the Senate shouldn’t fill an open seat on the Supreme Court before a new president was sworn in.

A basic principle of the law — and of everyday fairness — is that we apply rules with consistency, and not based on what’s convenient or advantageous in the moment.

Biden 1992

With all the mail in ballots media predicts a contested election, so they would really need to have a full 9 member supreme count to break a 4 to 4 decision.

Of course T is winning in a landslide so it may not be necessary.

Quite historic though, the Donald get 3 Supreme court picks and 2 nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize.
The left heads are exploding.

With all the mail in ballots media predicts a contested election, so they would really need to have a full 9 member supreme count to break a 4 to 4 decision.

Of course T is winning in a landslide so it may not be necessary.

Quite historic though, the Donald get 3 Supreme court picks and 2 nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize.
The left heads are exploding.

I've been thinking how it goes actually. If Trump gets another supreme court justice before the election...there will be many pissed off women I'm sure since knowing what kind of justices republicans pick. Collins will get to say bye for her seat too. And I think it might even hurt Donald with women voters.

If it's an election issue then it might even help Trump. He really needs all the help he can get at the moment. Curious to see what happens!

I've been thinking how it goes actually. If Trump gets another supreme court justice before the election...there will be many pissed off women I'm sure since knowing what kind of justices republicans pick. Collins will get to say bye for her seat too. And I think it might even hurt Donald with women voters.

If it's an election issue then it might even help Trump. He really needs all the help he can get at the moment. Curious to see what happens!

I heard this morning it could be a female Hispanic.

Forget the polls, Trump by a landslide.

Trump was a massive outsider last Elections, even more so in his unlikely run-up to even become a presidential nominee

This time round he'll be favourite I'd have said, but it won't be a comfortable night. I'd imagine it'll be quite close
well, win or lose, I'm sure we can look to a recount, claims of cheating and fraud, street riots and looting and maybe a city or 2 burnt to the ground

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back