Instant $1m or 50% chance to win $100m?

Red.
I could never live with it if I lost the million.

Besides, 100 million would make me nuts.

Btw great promo Mark, when is it going live? :D

I think Mark needs to add a poll here :)

P.S. GREEN :D

For the record, average cost of a 3 bed room home in in many areas including my own on the low end is 150K - 200K. That 1 million after our U.S. government gets done with it would be more around the 600K mark. Subtract purchasing a home for your family and you're looking at 350K - 400K left. In other words for those who would play it safe and not make any risky investments, that wouldn't be much to retire on. I'm 31 would certainly not be set for life, unless I'm dieing next year. So yes I would go big, simply because I can stomach losing 350K - 400K, and as my wife said we don't have it anyway. We both work hard, and are happy with out living situation. If we win we win. If not O well. Not to mention I would easily want to give a large chunk to my parents and my wifes parents. On that amount giving them each 50K (100K total for one side - 200K total for both) would be the likely option. Yea I'm living the comfortable life now. Sounds like I'm getting what me and my wife already make with our combined incomes.

I'm not sure what your comment was suppose to mean, but I doubt it was meant in good heart, as it really wasn't needed. And as someone else referred to the choice of picking green as stupid.

Sorry we voted the way we did. Next time I'll try to please you instead of living my life the way I choose :rolleyes:

Edit: In terms of need. We have talked about this countless times as it's fun to do. We each agree on giving parents a large amount. Her brother, my sister, a large amount. And our closes best friends a large amount. Pay of all of their bills first, and then the one lump sum after. Everyone named has sacrificed much for us, and helped us get where we are. Their support is unquestioned. It has little to do with spending money on nice cars and stupid crap. And keep in mind we area now only working with 350K-400K. It would be a nice chunk, but not life changing for us.

It would be nice to have that kind of fund, to dolly out as we see fit. Their are a few things I would like to do to help our association at work as well, which would cost a pretty penny.

edit: Sorry these thoughts aren't clear and concise, but I'm rushing to start getting ready before wife loses it on me. We are suppose to be heading to a wedding rehearsal thing.

edit 2: Please see post number 29. Leaving this one up for thread integrity.

Boy my reply did sound so bad now that i reread it. But truly i did not mean it that way. I KNOW many people personally whose life would not be changed with a mil.... due to where they live and current status in life. Many of my own family probably would not be impacted that much, so I was not pooh-pooh-ing your reply or choice. I wish i had the guts to choose green too! Perhaps with some different choices in life I would be in that situation to choose Green too heck if i was debt free and even 50k in the bank i would choose Green lol! But for where I am in life, I would have to choose red. SO i apologize for the way my reply sounded, I respect your answer and choice and i no way would it please me if your answer was different. Cheers! will copy my original post below... to judge if it was meant with a bad heart - maybe irony or bad humor or mean spirited. I am pretty self aware, so I would consider my initial reply as a little bitter and uncalled for too!
But it was very much in agreement to what you said,.. i did say that in some parts of the world, and this is a global community, so that's what i highlighted, in some parts of the world 1m would be like 5m somewhere else, its subjective.

my original post : Quote Originally Posted by Alfran -
I'm happy for those who said green - because 1 mil wouldnt be too life changing for you...
I would go for RED for sure. In many places in the world you could actually survive without having to work ever again with 1 mil... with the right investments and living simply.

Last edited:
I'd go with Red a bird in the hand and all that:p Knowing my luck the green wouldn't work out.

easy red a cool million would keep me low rolling (well a few big ones as well) and pay the leccy

for the rest of my natural :thumbsup:

Fun thread to dig up. I'm still pushing red.

Maybe 32Red would like to develop this into a reality/game show kind of hybrid. If you think about production costs for a show, consider that the six stars of Friends each earned one million USD per episode.

As someone pointed out the value of those two buttons is 50 million.

You could have promos, raffles etc. to win a chance to audition. I know when Who Wants To Be a Millionaire Canadian Edition came out there was a toll call at $2 a pop and I spent $20. It is a lot of years ago, but I know I spent a whole day calling to just successfully get through 10 times.

It would be exciting TV for sure. Of course we see the reveal button, not all the participants would reach final stage to be presented with that choice. Or there could be a number of boxes or doors holding different challenges.

Needless to say Ant & Dec would be asked to host, and Dunover asked to do an as it happens review of the premier episode.

EASY CHOICE....

cooltext255218823780242.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back