General Election 2019 thread

Gardengate inquiry

Given that there are criminal investigations and given that partygate took place too long ago legally for any prosecutions are they investigating drug use?
12 people are being investigated. 300 photographs, 70 statements already taken. 500 peaces of paper submitted containing info and the team investigating will probably be bigger than what would be expected to conduct a murder investigation. It seems to be pretty serious.

Oh and happy brexit anniversary :p

For sure Boris is off his tits 99% of the time. Here he is on meth, thinking he's playing for England at Wembley but mercilessly tackling an Under- 12 Blind local Rugby team player:

boris-tackles-kid.gif

On the bright side, and despite Covid's best efforts to undermine the great achievement that is Brexit, the wobble-headed buffoon did (sort of) get it done, so Happy Brexit Day! Woo!

bojo-lockdown.gif

For sure Boris is off his tits 99% of the time. Here he is on meth, thinking he's playing for England at Wembley but mercilessly tackling an Under- 12 Blind local Rugby team player:

boris-tackles-kid.gif

On the bright side, and despite Covid's best efforts to undermine the great achievement that is Brexit, the wobble-headed buffoon did (sort of) get it done, so Happy Brexit Day! Woo!

bojo-lockdown.gif
I give this a like on behalf of Mr Ike's close neighbour and friend :thumbsup:

Inflation set to top 7%
Interest rates rising
Taxes rising
Domestic energy prices to rise by 50%
GDP forecast slashed
Living standards falling
Overall tax burden on normal people at the highest level for 70 years
Food bank usage in the UK now at unprecedented levels

All hail the party of economic competence! All hail Boris 'Got Brexit Done' Johnson!

I'm sure it's all worth it.

1643892965216.png
1643893011770.png

Inflation set to top 7%
Interest rates rising
Taxes rising
GDP forecast slashed
Living standards falling

All hail the party of economic competence! All hail Boris 'Got Brexit Done' Johnson!

View attachment 164103
View attachment 164104
It’s happening all over, it’s not just the UK.

Also, can you go one post in here without having to shoehorn Brexit into it??

Inflation set to top 7%
Interest rates rising
Taxes rising
GDP forecast slashed
Living standards falling

View attachment 164103
View attachment 164104
Yawn and it would be different would it if Labour had been in charge.

Well the lockdowns you wanted may have a lot to do with it. You know the amount of money spent on furlough. Bailing out all the businesses. All the extra costs. But suppose Brexit is easier to blame.

And very soon all the people that still want country locked down at moment will be moaning how dear everything is.

Was the cost of the shambles of lockdowns the way they were done in this country worth it. By looking at things to come I would say no.

Inflation set to top 7%
Interest rates rising
Taxes rising
GDP forecast slashed
Living standards falling

Inflation - hardly the govts fault. Covid, transport issues, worldwide shortages or labour etc. and high fuel prices.
Interest rates up - yes, an inevitable consequence of inflation, still piddling compared to the average rate for the 3 decades up to 2008.
Taxes rising - yep, we all want better social care, it comes at a cost, most people always maintained they would be happy to pay more for better treatment of the elderly etc. Now you got it.
Domestic Energy prices- same the world over unless you produce 100% of your own requirement of fossil fuels, I cannot see how the govt. can make things cheaper on that front. We could always produce more from older and new North Sea fields but Grizzling Greta and Holyrood have spurned it.
GDP Forecast slashed - still growth, but not as much, same as most other of the 20 leading economies.
Living Standards falling - yes, less income, less purchasing power and more to be spent on energy.
Tax burden - more expenditure as wanted by the voters, so more taxes, plus the COVID debts to be paid. Inevitable.
Food Bank Usage - raise the number of food banks by 25% overnight, their use will rise by 25%. I accept that alas many people genuinely need them, but they do get used an awful lot too by people who walk up smoking L&B's at £11 a pack of 20. Go see for yourself.

So your mate Starmer's solution to all this would be.....?

Speaking of which, and this could go in the Covid, Brexit or this thread, but at this point they've all merged into one phantasm anyway so what's the difference, here we have a brief overview on the Cons' Covid Cash Calamitous Cock-ups, as audited by The Daily Mail.

daily.jpg

Well may as well not have bothered to do anyhing about Covid then and let the polulation crack on with it as they see fit. That would have made us prosperous and saved at least £32.9bn

Damned in they do, damned if they don't springs to mind.

Somebody was always going to pay the price of this pandamic. Nothing is free in life.

Well may as well not have bothered to do anyhing about Covid then and let the polulation crack on with it as they see fit. That would have made us prosperous and saved at least £32.9bn

Damned in they do, damned if they don't springs to mind.

Somebody was always going to pay the price of this pandamic. Nothing is free in life.
I don't think anyone expected nothing to have been done, seemingly it's that extreme 'way' of debating that makes these threads so constructive.

But short of outright praising the Government for how they allocated the money, on glorified portaloos like Nightingale hospitals, dreaming up 'Eat out to help out' schemes that floundered spectacularly, furloughing the nation up to the eyeballs whilst small businesses were going under left right & centre, and Tory contract cronyism in regards to profiteering off the crisis, I'd love to know how that £32 Billion wasn't wasted, irrespective of which party of goons was in power.

I'm all ears

It is the job of the opposition to hold Government to account. The same opposition that was all in favour of the furlough scheme and opposed the scrapping of it. And it is not that the furlough scheme was something unique to this Country. Many others implemented similar to support those that were not able to work.

As to the "eat out to help out", well that depends which reports you read as they are very mixed in terms of results and benefits.

Im afraid you need to wake up to whats going on my friends @interlog and @ChopleyIOM.

These are leaders of countries wasting money.

Fail, after fail, after fail.

Its not the oppositions responsibility to hold the government to account. Red or blue, Brexit or not, they are all unfit and the system is, for want of a better description, though its the most appropriate word - fu@%^d

It's the population that hold governments to account. It's the population they have to answer to.

This is not some school kid who spent a few hundred quid on his parents debit card on Fortnite. These are supposedly the most intelligent, industrious and educated people in the land, leading the country and making decisions.

Personally think you are both in fairyland, completely out of touch with reality and sucked into the division.

p.s. sorry, couldn't think of a nicer way to put it. I really don't mean to be rude :)

Of course it is the job of the opposition to hold the Government to account. That is the way the system work.

Now you may not agree with the system, pretty clearly, so what is the alternative?

Of course it is the job of the opposition to hold the Government to account. That is the way the system work.

Now you may not agree with the system, pretty clearly, so what is the alternative?

A different system, not keep voting in the same powers that be. They are not separate entities, it's an illusion, call me a conspiracy theorist if you wish to diminish the argument.

My new hick town of Honiton is paying £10,000 to clean a war memorial. All in favour of cleaning but I know how much these things cost. This is just at a grassroots level, and it spirals upwards through to bigger amounts of backhanders and lining of pockets so they can lead a cushy life whilst the peasants suffer.

NHS is being run into the ground deliberately through red tape and failing systems to push private healthcare. Overspending in areas we don't need and paying friends of the inner circle to do jobs they have zero experience or knowledge about.

The system is corrupt and to keep voting for it is not voting for change. Tell me a party that has fulfilled 10% of their pledges during elections in the last god knows how long. Yet, you keep voting them in.

Make small changes at local level, don't get sucked into the con and make your voice heard, stand up and be counted, sometimes you have to make a stand.

No matter what system you use, whether that be first past the post or proportional representation you put your trust in the ones that you vote for. Coalition Governments don't always work, look at the mess the Dutch are in as an example.

The bigger an organisation (a big Company) or structure (Government) the more layers of bureacracy which in turn drives cost.

I rather have the NHS, including all of their faults, then what our American friends have. I think that we are one of the few countries in the world that has true free health care, certainly compared to say the Netherlands where there is compulsory health insurance.

Yes I agree our system is better than some and we have a good standard of living, which has to count for something.

I just wonder when the bubble over increasing spending will burst and what the consequences will be. I don't think the NHS will be around for our children. Hopefully, im wrong.

Please excuse my previous posts, although I stand by my views, I could have put them forward in a less confrontational manner, like yourself.

I don't have the answers, and a democratic system is the only way. Just not sure that ours is clean enough for it to work. I don't believe bigger organisations need the in-depth structures and red tape that we have. Sometimes, to dig a hole, you don't need anything but a spade. Not several consultations about how big or how deep, followed by reviews and alternative watchdogs, and further organisation to watch over the watchdogs. That's where all the money is going.

Simple plans and direct routes are the most effective. We have far too much red tape to do a job efficiently and as cost-effective as it can be. Need to put the brakes on and assess where it's all going, and cut out the middle men and box tickers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back