• Denmark vs Belgium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Denmark vs Italy

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not talking about here when I say this and as a neutral I have no dog in the fight but,

The amount of people I saw complaining on social media and pundits alike saying Kane needs dropping. Sure as eggs are eggs those same pundits will be lauding him tonight. The game is so fickle in that regard. Fine line between hero and villain. Like if Germany had knocked out england. Kane would get slated and southgate would 100% get the bullet. Crazy how it all works. I've already seen the same people on social media that pissed and moaned about Kane for a couple of games then proclaim their love for him tonight and against germany. Lol.

Anyway I digress.

Nice win @cncas2123

I'm not talking about here when I say this and as a neutral I have no dog in the fight but,

The amount of people I saw complaining on social media and pundits alike saying Kane needs dropping. Sure as eggs are eggs those same pundits will be lauding him tonight. The game is so fickle in that regard. Fine line between hero and villain. Like if Germany had knocked out england. Kane would get slated and southgate would 100% get the bullet. Crazy how it all works. I've already seen the same people on social media that pissed and moaned about Kane for a couple of games then proclaim their love for him tonight and against germany. Lol.

Anyway I digress.

Nice win @cncas2123
It’s always the way. I’m a Chelsea fan and seen how fickle people were with frank who is a legend in my eyes. Harry shut them up and so has Sterling they can be proud

Anyway I digress.

Nice win @cncas2123
Agree 100%. There are a lot more glory chasers than real fans these days, they want every game to be won 5-0 and havent a real clue about how football works.
As a Leeds fan from I was 5 years old in 1972 I have seen the highs and the lows and know how football works, I hope the England fans get behind their team regardless of what happens in the next game and support their players whether they have a good game or a not so good game.

Edited to add - TBH I think Southgate has this tournament by the scruff of the neck, he has so much talent in the team and on the bench and he has used them perfectly so far.
The Scotland game was a one off, it was managed well by Southgate who got the point that was all they needed.

Time for football to come home...

Agree 100%. There are a lot more glory chasers than real fans these days, they want every game to be won 5-0 and havent a real clue about how football works.
As a Leeds fan from I was 5 years old in 1972 I have seen the highs and the lows and know how football works, I hope the England fans get behind their team regardless of what happens in the next game and support their players whether they have a good game or a not so good game.

Edited to add - TBH I think Southgate has this tournament by the scruff of the neck, he has so much talent in the team and on the bench and he has used them perfectly so far.
The Scotland game was a one off, it was managed well by Southgate who got the point that was all they needed.

Time for football to come home...
I think England have a real chance, a great one. However I'll balance that by saying we've really played no-one of any real quality yet. The two sides of the draw have been amazingly lop-sided.

Denmark will be the first real notch up in terms of quality and the final will be a notch up again with either Spain or Italy waiting.

It's one thing putting goals past the dodgy defence of Ukraine and another putting them past the backline of Italy.

Most of the top international teams seem to be in partial decline, apart from italy and england, [ and italy look like they rely on a veteran cb ] we could most likely field two 1st elevens. Best chance we've had in years, but still i'd like to know why gareth thinks grealish is in his second choice 11, subbed on when looking to get us out of a pickle. Mystic mack, the worst tipster going, predicts to get past denmark we will need jack.

I think Southgate has his favourites and Grealish is not one of them. He also sets up not to concede so sticks with players who are more disciplined in their role, whereas to be at his most effective, Grealish almost needs a free role.

It’s still very difficult to tell just how good this England team is, as already mentioned they haven’t played a good side yet. Personally, I think they are okay and that’s about it. Nothing they have done so far has taken my breath away.

How much of a triumph will it be if they win it? Well, it will be talked about at the start of every tournament for the next 50 years, until they win another, that’s for sure. It’s been an entertaining competition but the quality of football, as the last World Cup, is pretty substandard IMO.

My honest opinion, England have some fairly average players who through organisation, happen to play well as a team. Rather than a group of fantastic players who are capable of winning a game on their own. Nothing wrong with that but not scintillating to watch.

I think England have a real chance, a great one. However I'll balance that by saying we've really played no-one of any real quality yet. The two sides of the draw have been amazingly lop-sided.

Denmark will be the first real notch up in terms of quality and the final will be a notch up again with either Spain or Italy waiting.

It's one thing putting goals past the dodgy defence of Ukraine and another putting them past the backline of Italy.
Beg to differ there mate played a excellent German team who battered the current champions

Beg to differ there mate played a excellent German team who battered the current champions
That German team is a shadow of its old self which has needed new management for a while now. Even so, we rode our luck in that match. Muller buries that sitter and who knows what would have happened.

They’ll be a force again under Flick I think, ready for the W/C.

Never seen such an average german team, have they actually got a striker/frontman. Noticed that with a lot of the major sides, where are the household name strikers, the klinsmanns, nistleroy, van basten etc..I see converted wingers like memphis, who still looks overrated to me, but watching last night i had no idea who was the ukraine striker. Sorry france do have benzema who is decent but getting on.

England have kept 5 clean sheets, won four games comfortably, controlling each of those games and havent had to come out of 2nd gear yet.
Southgate has shown he is willing to adapt the team, formation and tactics to suit who they play against, and has got to the semis of a major competition with no scares or issues - and thats still not good enough for some???? To say they havent beat anybody is not doing any justice to England or those beaten teams, those teams earned the right to be in the competition.

Seriously, enjoy it while it lasts, support the team and be positive, dont continually look for negatives and get behind the team.

That was a brilliant game last night. Spain very unlucky. Great attacking football from Spain throughout and the Italians showed what a superb counter attacking side that they are. No wonder they have not been beaten in what is it, over 30 games now?

Ahem

Was much better game last night than expected before
That was a brilliant game last night. Spain very unlucky. Great attacking football from Spain throughout and the Italians showed what a superb counter attacking side that they are. No wonder they have not been beaten in what is it, over 30 games now?

Was happily surprised about Spain, thought it's gonna be most boring game i ever seen but it ended up being a good one and game was really enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back