• Denmark vs Belgium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Denmark vs Italy

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I saw a stadium boo someone's national anthem. From that point I lost all respect for the UK football fans. And yeah I get it, the nationistic spirit is high during these games - but just imagine booing a national anthem during the Olympics.

But then - would you expect the fans to act any different. :p
Well obviously you have never encountered football fans...just saying.

Why do we have to have the National Anthem when England play? For the game against Scotland the Scots had Flower or Scotland played and we should have had something much more rousing,for example Jerusalem which is always used for the England rugby team.

Sat around my friends, defeated the minute we saw the team and could tell from the tactics my joke about Southgate planning 11 men on the goal line last week was not funny anymore. Even went to the shops early before half time to beat the rush because the game felt so flat.

When the first goal went in I was screaming what a brilliant manager he was lol just for fun of course, personally think we were lucky....or is Southgate really that tactically good?

Couldn't have wished for a better German player to miss than Muller, don't think he would have missed that 10 years ago.

In any case, Come On England! Playing poor (or did we :p) and getting a result is never a bad thing.

Agree you should never boo an opposing teams national anthem but I dont think they have much place at a football match. Have boo'd many a fan for many reasons but its always with a laugh at the end, just to wind each other up so i'd be a liar if I said I would never have got swept up and boo'd my head off, but with a laugh and giggle, and hopefully a share of a pint after with them.

Cant see Ukraine causing any problems for England on Saturday, potentially the Czechs in the semi's who they've already beaten... big chance for England to get to the final, probably against Spain or Belgium and anything can happen in a final.

And as a Leeds fan for 45 years so proud of how Kalvin Phillips has played throughout the tournament, strong in midfield and can pick out a pinpoint pass when needed.

I got the distinct sense the fans were booing the players during parts of the match such was the lack of action, good result in the end but grealish, who is probably the hottest english property in the epl, shouldn't be getting splinters sitting next to gareth on the bench.
As an West Brom fan, who hates villa and Diving Grealish, I must admit he has been fantastic for England he should start next game he does more coming on as a sub for 20 mins than most of the rest do the whole game. Putting rivalry aside he's 1 of englands best talents

Why do we have to have the National Anthem when England play? For the game against Scotland the Scots had Flower or Scotland played and we should have had something much more rousing,for example Jerusalem which is always used for the England rugby team.
England should have Agadoo-doo-doo by Black Lace.

Well obviously you have never encountered football fans...just saying.
Ha ha - I didn't say I was surprised :p - but yeah, unsportmanslike conduct in international games should never be condoned. Imagine booing someone's national anthem at the Olympics - you'd be tossed to the curb, I'm sure. :axeman:

I was as disappointed with the "defensive looking" selection as anyone at the start of the match... But I have to give credit where it is due - I thought every single England player was totally superb!
Definitely one of the best England performances I have ever seen :thumbsup:

And the manager was spot on as well - bringing Grealish on fresh when the Germans were starting to tire was the turning point in the match.
After 55 years of hurt can we finally dare to dream...?

Probably not! :D

KK

As an West Brom fan, who hates villa and Diving Grealish, I must admit he has been fantastic for England he should start next game he does more coming on as a sub for 20 mins than most of the rest do the whole game. Putting rivalry aside he's 1 of englands best talents
I dont know if Grealish is 100% fit, if I remember correctly he has his own specific training regime which to me would suggest he hasnt fully recovered from his injury earlier in the season.
I think that what Southgate is doing with Grealish is perfect, he is bringing him on when he can do the most damage and I dont know if he would be as effective playing from the start as he has so much energy for the last half hours and most defences cant cope with that.

Ha ha - I didn't say I was surprised :p - but yeah, unsportmanslike conduct in international games should never be condoned. Imagine booing someone's national anthem at the Olympics - you'd be tossed to the curb, I'm sure. :axeman:
Football is a different animal when it comes to the crowds it attracts. You can't compare the crowds that football attracts to the Olympics, Tennis, Rugby or many other sports. As Dunover points out, it is a lot better than it was in the 70's 80's and 90's. Not condoning the booing of a side's national anthem, but like with crowds at boxing events it is sadly to be expected. On the flip side, the passion shown by fans at football, is hard to match by any other sport.

England deserved to win the game. Pickford was my MOTM, closely followed by Grealish.

But if Muller doesn't fluff his lines in the way Mbappe had done the night before, we might well be having a different conversation today.

England have a great chance to reach the final now, but there are still some hurdles.
A lack of supporters for the Ukraine game in Rome being one of them.

And then there are the Danes (if England and Denmark both win their QFs).

I don't know what it is, but the journey they have been on has been quite the roller coaster.
And they are very much on the crest of the emotional wave at the minute.
A definite threat to play the role of party poopers.

The way this Euros has gone, I can't help but feel that there is still a shock result or two somewhere in the pipeline.
I mean, who honestly thought that the Group of Death would have no representation in the QFs?

Italy and Spain cannot go both to the final since they are facing eachother in the semi.

my prediction (days ago) was - and still is- final Italy Denmark

these two teams are NOT the best teams of the Tournament, but for some reasons they will get the final.

Italy and Spain cannot go both to the final since they are facing eachother in the semi.

my prediction (days ago) was - and still is- final Italy Denmark

these two teams are NOT the best teams of the Tournament, but for some reasons they will get the final.
I’m a dummy didn’t realise. Well England have a chance too if we beat Ukraine tonight I’ll start believing haha

Thought I would pop this in - courtesy of Schick and I am hoping Harry Kane can hit the back of the net later. Nothing better than a free 50 quid.

1625332732322.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back