Brexit - whats the difference.....

... interesting choice of words, as if the current state of the environment doesn't merit stricter regulations.
For many years people took no notice of the environment, Greenpeace, Green party etc at the moment they are upfront in the media and people's minds so it makes sense they will do better than before at the next election.

Surely they will just vote for him on the premise that he is still playing games so they will not give him the satisfaction of a no confidence vote and just vote for him as they know he can't do anything.
Apparently according to a BBC journo if Boris holds a no confidence vote and loses and a new govt cannot be formed persumably by Jeremy Corbyn then a general election is automatically triggered he didn't say what would happen if they voted confidence in him.

That's because common sense hasn't got anyone thinking that they would actually vote 'confidence' :eek:

But knowing how low they'd stoop, keep your eyes peeled for that one!
Despite their importance to the British constitution, for a long time the rules surrounding motions of no confidence were dictated solely by convention. However, since the
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
, a vote of no confidence must be passed in a specific form in order to create the possibility of an early general election. Under the Act, if a motion of no confidence in the government is passed in express terms, the house must then adopt a vote of confidence in that same or an alternative government within 14 days, or a general election is held.

Polling showing increasing support for Boris too. Why are the alliance so scared of letting people have their say?? If no deal was as unpopular as remainers try to tell us it is, why is Boris so popular?

Remember, they were polling as low as the teens% just a couple of months ago.

So from the woman who couldn't figure out why some people need foodbanks.

I'm sure she wanted to shred Benefits during her tenure as Work and Pensions Secretary too and had secretly hoped to ship most of the Windrush generation out quietly, but God forbid 21 of her towel-slapping-in-the showers chums get axed by Boris and she's distraught. Vile woman anyway, goodbye!

Just amazing how low you all stoop with your posts describing anyone who just might be in favour of staying in the EU or doesn't cheer for Boris and Farage.

And in the same breath, you ask for respect for your side. :rolleyes:

I have seen no one in this thread on the "Remain" side using similar language that comes even close to yours, the "Leave" fans. You know, life taught me that those shouting loudest and most profane to be the weakest in society. I sure hope that that is not the case with you.

I wish you all well with your exit and shall wait patiently for your rants when things don't turn out to be all golden and your nationalistic wet dreams won't come true. Another old saying goes: "no everything that shines is indeed gold".
Vaya con dios! 113844

Just amazing how low you all stoop with your posts describing anyone who just might be in favour of staying in the EU or doesn't cheer for Boris and Farage.

I have seen no one in this thread on the "Remain" side using similar language that comes even close to yours, the "Leave" fans. You know, life taught me that those shouting loudest and most profane to be the weakest in society. I sure hope that that is not the case with you.

I wish you all well with your exit and shall wait patiently for your rants when things don't turn out to be all golden and your nationalistic wet dreams won't come true. Another old saying goes: "no everything that shines is indeed gold".
Vaya con dios! View attachment 113844

This is exactly why I made the decision to vacate this thread a few weeks ago, I've been enjoying the forums far more since then!

Here's some good reading though, to give folks an idea of how the rest of the world now sees the UK. (This is from Canada, to give you a handle on how far away the utter shitness of Boris Johnson has been noticed.)

Mr. Johnson is the author of 11 books, some admittedly banged out in the careless haste that is his style. But this week, without breaking a sweat, the PM penned the Odyssey and the Iliad of shambles. He faced his first votes in Parliament and lost them; lost his minority government’s governing majority; sacked 21 of his own MPs, including his party’s longest-serving member and Winston Churchill’s grandson; provoked his own brother into resigning from cabinet, citing a conflict between “family loyalty and the national interest"; and lost control of the House of Commons while remaining so offside the chamber’s confidence that it will not yet allow him to resolve the matter by calling an election.

Mr. Johnson did all that, and more, in the space of two days. What will tomorrow bring?

British politics today is what results from the collision of an unstoppable force, an immovable object and a clown car.

The unstoppable force is the dominant faction of Britain’s Conservative Party, which insists on not just an exit from the European Union, but the most catastrophic exit possible. It’s a plan for national self-defenestration. The immovable object is reality – the reality that a no-deal Brexit will play havoc with the economy and hurt real people; the reality that a majority of Parliament and the people will not back it; the reality that the Brexit-at-any-cost crowd can’t press the detonator without majority approval.

And the clown car is Mr. Johnson.

Vaya con dios! View attachment 113844
Aha! You must mean the vociferous bunch from the losing side, howling 'bollocks to Brexit' outside Parliament each day. I suppose it makes a change from covering their ears and shouting 'LALALALALALA' …...

Aha! You must mean the vociferous bunch from the losing side, howling 'bollocks to Brexit' outside Parliament each day. I suppose it makes a change from covering their ears and shouting 'LALALALALALA' …...

One of the pillars of democracy is the right to peaceful protest.

The remain protests have been bigger and had far fewer (something in the region of zero) arrests than the pro-leave protests.

And only side had someone on it who murdered an MP and then chose to ignore the “ceasefire” to allow grieving out of respect during the referendum campaign.

I’m glad I wasn’t on that side.

One of the pillars of democracy is the right to peaceful protest.

The remain protests have been bigger and had far fewer (something in the region of zero) arrests than the pro-leave protests.

And only side had someone on it who murdered an MP and then chose to ignore the “ceasefire” to allow grieving out of respect during the referendum campaign.

I’m glad I wasn’t on that side.

Interesting....a trading bloc that actually did work, without laws and sovereignty being compromised.

Or the remainer in Manchester who killed his Brexit-supporting neighbour?

Or the double standards, a Brexit supporter arrested for calling Soubry a Nazi and fascist, while remoaner demos called Boris and others the same and faced, er… nothing?

This summarizes it a bit:

The trouble is that the head-in-sand remainers are fed heavily biased information by the largely remain-supporting media and BBC etc. This instils in them a kind of self justification for their protests and behaviour and then we hear the meaningless soundbites regarding the size of their demonstrations and support. Meaningless, because the Brexit side already won the democratic vote and therefore most don't feel the need to take to the streets, expecting their decision to be honoured. I couldn't care less if 2 million remainers turned up at a rally - they LOST and are representing a minority. It's just that a sizeable minority of that minority cannot seem to accept the fact.

You know from what I see both here and outside of here its six of one half a dozen of the other. Reading some of the comments here from both sides makes me cringe . Actually what it translates to everytime is I'm right you're wrong you knob head... followed by a whole load of rhubarb in support of the latest statement.

It's like the minute politics are discussed everyone loses their marbles. Normally rational people turn into nut jobs.

But the constant swiping at each other is really not cool.

Cant we talk kittens and fluffy bunnies :cheers: :D :)

“Sunlit uplands”

At least two medications I take daily are on the list of things which will likely be unavailable without a trade deal.

Oh, that’s going to be fun. Best see if I can get my GP to do a three month prescription.

Last edited:
I feel like if there ever was a time, where a Guy from sweden who pretends to be a bear on the internet, could swoop in and become prime-minister.
Now would be the time.

With the world being in the state it is now, i dont think it would even register as crazy for people.

Usa and Russia are besties.
North Korea kind of almost ventures out in the world a bit.
The whole brexit debacle.
Elon Musk smokes weed and teams up with nasa to fly to the moon
Usas President twitters more than a 13 year old girl, and sulks because he cannot buy Greenland. Later goes on to fake mental health decline to avoid prison after his term is over (Last part is just me guessing)

And somewhere in the middle of all that there would be "Dude from Sweden becomes PM of UK after strange turn of events"
Would not even be the weirdest thing you had read that day.

aasd.jpg

Oh, and i am willing to listen if people have objections.
But ever since i earned the "Addocted" badge recently here on CM i have started feeling a bit smug.
Like Maybe all these smileys i have gathered makes me a tiny bit more important than people with less smileys. (<-----joke)
So i will listen to complaints, but only from people with a Reaction to Comment ratio of atleast 2:1.
Thank you, and good day!

The difference mack is that no one ever said that the EU is all "golden", but many of the Brexit campaigners including Boris and Farage are raving how everything in the UK will suddenly "turn into gold" the soon you leave the EU. That is quite a distinct difference.

But what can anyone do about the bits of the EU that are not golden, as you accept is the case, it's impossible to affect or change through the ballot box in each nation state.

The left are being hoodwinked by the EU, look at the tories who rebelled, have they got a record of helping the less well off, Oliver Letwin was one of the brains behind the poll tax.

And the biggest all time cheerleader for the EU is Tony Bliar, if that doesn't tell you something nothing will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back