Another music icon passes

Prince, music icon, dead at 57 at Paisley Park

Prince's body was discovered at his Paisley Park compound in Minnesota early Thursday morning.

Read more:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

pr.jpg

This totally sucks. He was such a genius and had so much more to offer. I was looking forward seeing him age and to see what was coming next. Another shitty day in the music world.

He was young too. Damn. So in the last few years we have lost the King of Pop Micheal Jackson, the Queen of Pop Whitney Houston and now the Prince of Pop. It is sad news indeed. All the greats are going far too young. RIP Prince.

I had read a few days ago that he had to cancel a gig due to flue but the gigs prior to that he was in great form. Got to be something pretty sudden. What a shame

Beyond ridiculous now, these aren't just musicians or popstars but icons of a generation. Bowie and Prince in the same year now?

This is tragic for many reasons, we are left with douchebags like Beyonce, Taylor Swift and One Direction. I almost feel sorry for today's youth :mad:

Beyond ridiculous now, these aren't just musicians or popstars but icons of a generation. Bowie and Prince in the same year now?

This is tragic for many reasons, we are left with douchebags like Beyonce, Taylor Swift and One Direction. I almost feel sorry for today's youth :mad:

The others I agree but Beyonce she is awesome :)

Yes, this sad news.

We have had so many great talents pass recently, as have been posted.

The last time I saw Prince was on an episode of "New Girl" on T.V .He was such a funny guy on this show and showed his 'other side' apart from singing. That episode had me in stitches!

He was humble to the end.

What a loss.

His emergency plane landing last week was not due to the flu but due to a drug overdose. This is the saddest part.

Unlike Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston or Madonna, Prince and David Bowie's music is timeless. I've had no desire to listen to any of Jackson's, Houston's or Madonna's discography ever again but I still listen to Prince and Bowie. Those two men put 110% into everything they wrote, composed and produced. They were a cut above other artists. It's sad we lost both these great talents in one year but they both will be immortal to me because of all the great music they gave us to listen.

Reading about the circumstances of his death, it sounds eerily similar to what led to Jim Henson's death in 1990. Flu-like symptoms that persisted for weeks and by the time they saw a doctor it was too late. Prince did see a doctor but I doubt it was much of an appointment.

Last edited:
Are you sure about this? Where does it state that this is fact?

The tests are still undergoing and to state this as fact is the 'saddest part', right now.

like seriously you think that his plane landed cuz he had the flu. I have been on million dollar film sets with mega stars and you wouldn't believe the bullshit they feed the public to hide whatever it is they don't want their fans to know. They are called publicists.

And he was on Percocet for his hip problem. And if this isn't true I will apologize for stating this as fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back