windows 10

Updated last night to my windows tablet, no problem. Played INetBet after nd all it well. Not seeing much difference except looks but this is a new tablet.

Full of optimism, I downloaded and installed Windows 10 but I am starting to regret doing so after a day spent trying to sort out my monitor (a Samsung T260) which the software no longer seems to recognise despite reinstalling drivers; my previous "favourites" list has vanished to my intense irritation, along with my Google task bars which were set up to my liking, and various other changes that have been made to the manner in which my PC was set up to my personal prference.

It's all very time consuming and frustrating as I try to sort it all out (I guess I should have anticipated this sort of stuff)

Can anyone refresh my memory as to where to find the magic button that lets one revert to Windows 7 Premium?

Full of optimism, I downloaded and installed Windows 10 but I am starting to regret doing so after a day spent trying to sort out my monitor (a Samsung T260) which the software no longer seems to recognise despite reinstalling drivers; my previous "favourites" list has vanished to my intense irritation, along with my Google task bars which were set up to my liking, and various other changes that have been made to the manner in which my PC was set up to my personal prference.

It's all very time consuming and frustrating as I try to sort it all out (I guess I should have anticipated this sort of stuff)

Can anyone refresh my memory as to where to find the magic button that lets one revert to Windows 7 Premium?

I'm not certain Jetset, but if you go into your updates list, perhaps you can uninstall Win10 and it will automatically revert back to Win7?

I've held off this long, but may try to upgrade my old Win7 laptop to Win10 as there's nothing critical on it. Anyone having problems with existing software and drivers going bonkers with Win10? (Other than Jetset's monitor drivers and Favorites taking the p*ss?)

Upgrade to Win10 has to have been within the last month. Here's some instructions for rolling back:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Last edited:

It says it will go back. Start Menu >>settings>>update and security

Finding it difficult to resist the challenge - and the frustrations of losing material mentioned previously - I persisted with Windows 10 and have now decided that the advantages of keeping it outweigh those of going back to W7.

There are a lot of really useful new features, and the O/S is really smooth and fast....I am now a convert!

I am considering upgrading.

What settings do you exactly lose? Are any programme files/documents going to disappear? What about Internet Explorer and other browser's favourites?

Ok,

Hubby has windows 7 and he tried to install windows 10 last night. It went along fine and then this morning it had reverted back to windows 7.

He didn't tell me the exact message, but is there something he needs to do to go to win 10?

like go to win 8?

No idea what could have been the problem.

*just my two cents worth...well, maybe a nickel or dime :)*
I've had one heck of a first start of the year...literally "blew up" a desk top and a laptop...so I went out and bought myself an HP all in one computer. It came loaded with Windows 8 (which I hated because I was going to have to go buy programs I use a lot...i.e. word pad, note pad and paint...costly to buy the office suite). I was offered the upgrade to Windows 10...installed it, but failed to turn my firewall back on (was only a day or two) while I was installing some programs. *guh* I took the computer out of sleep mode one morning and there were several pop ups stating that someone from Miami, Florida had tried to access several programs on my computer. I ended up having to reinstall Windows 10, BUT it saved all the programs I had previously installed. And I remembered to turn my firewall back on immediately. Had to change all my passwords (just a little paranoid), but I am loving this new version. It's a LOT easier to navigate than windows 8 (jmo) and I can sync my tablet and phone with the computer...I can send my pics from my phone to my computer without having to pull sd cards, hooking up cables etc. I'm still learning some of the preprogrammed apps, but so far I am finding it very user friendly.

Despite some initial reservations, I've been using W10 for a couple months now and I'm very pleased with it.

I was a big W7 fan but don't miss it all now that I'm comfortable with 10.

Ok so I've been reminded every five minutes to upgrade to Windows 10, bearing in mind the offer ends tomorrow I believe.

I go to actually do it and then I get the indefinite blue spinning circle in the middle of a white screen. I think about 10 million people have left it as long as me. Whoops!

A year isn't enough time! I need an extension!

Windows 7 it shall remain then :eek:

I personally hated windows 10 which is why I ended up switching over to a Mac. I didn't update my old laptop, I just couldn't do it. I hated windows 10. My boyfriend has it on his laptop, it's just weird.

I really like windows 10 been using it a while now to the point were i go to my freinds who hates windows 10 even though he has never tried it and still uses windows 7 and i dont enjoy my time on the computer as much.

Also if anyone wants to try windows 10 and have windows 7 or 8 you can still upgrade for free through microsofts assistive tech program.

Assistive tech is for anybody who has ever had to use things like the narrator, on-screen keyboard, or high contrast desktop theme etc.

Microsoft does not require any proof and I updated a couple of my freinds last weekend both of whom have had to use the on screen keyboard once or twice.

win 10

i just order single use keys in packs of five works out ultra cheap for 5 copys of pro i do alot of laptops thou can get the lifetime keys but hey im not putting that on a laptop i sell for $100 lol.

This is certainly a novel way to launch a new O/S.

I've received the option to get 10 free, and despite some fears that it may screw up something else on my desktop I think I'm going to go for it, although I've been very happy with 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back