US political crisis

I'm not sure what specifically she objected to, could be any one or more of a 1/2 dozen things in this thread.

In the mean time is it too soon for another video, seeing the impeachment show starts tomorrow?

A big dose of double standards from the dems again, with most of the media and 'fact' checkers all too willing to cover their arse.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

GOP Sen. John Cornyn told reporters after today's impeachment proceedings that former President Trump's defense team was "not one of the finest I've seen."

“And then I thought the President's lawyer, the first lawyer, just rambled on and on and on and didn't really address the constitutional argument. Finally the second lawyer got around to it, and I thought, did an effective job," he said.

:oops:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

GOP Sen. John Cornyn told reporters after today's impeachment proceedings that former President Trump's defense team was "not one of the finest I've seen."

“And then I thought the President's lawyer, the first lawyer, just rambled on and on and on and didn't really address the constitutional argument. Finally the second lawyer got around to it, and I thought, did an effective job," he said.

:oops:

Having a bad brief and then a good one is all part of the plan, remember

1612930646430.png
:p

I happened to watch some of the show yesterday and caught the edited part O'Reilly mentions in the video but was not 100% sure it was from the same speech. I wonder if they thought nobody would notice?

I happened to watch some of the show yesterday and caught the edited part O'Reilly mentions in the video but was not 100% sure it was from the same speech. I wonder if they thought nobody would notice?

maybe if it was true Somebody would notice.

did you go listen to the speech?

what bill just did is what he is accusing the dems of doing.

go read the transcript. And if you don’t trust the transcript You can go watch the speech on youtube. Unedited.
its in the last minute of his speech. He says it twice. feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

So we're going to, we're going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I love Pennsylvania Avenue. And we're going to the Capitol, and we're going to try and give.

The Democrats are hopeless — they never vote for anything. Not even one vote. But we're going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones because the strong ones don't need any of our help. We're going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.

So let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.

I want to thank you all. God bless you and God Bless America.

Thank you all for being here. This is incredible. Thank you very much. Thank you.

Yeah im not so sure what part is supposed to be edited.
I guess technically it is edited since they didnt show the whole speech, but its not like they edited it to say anything other than what was said.
They did leave out about an hour of lies about the election, Trump telling the supporters "We fight like hell, and if you don't fight like hell you're not going to have a country anymore."

So basically telling them, go to the capitol and fight like hell to save the country.
But im sure he meant fight like hell in a very peaceful way.
:laugh:

Probably didnt help that Giuliani warmed up the crowd with peaceful statements as "lets have trial by combat"
Cant for the life of me understand people still defending them and what they did.

Edit: Its true that he mentioned "peacefully" once during his 70 minute speech filled with lies about the election and numeroues instances of him telling the crowd to fight to save democracy, fight to save the country etc.
But i dont think anyone honestly thinks mentioning that once absolves him from the rest of what was said.

Last edited:
maybe if it was true Somebody would notice.

did you go listen to the speech?

what bill just did is what he is accusing the dems of doing.

go read the transcript. And if you don’t trust the transcript You can go watch the speech on youtube. Unedited.
its in the last minute of his speech. He says it twice. feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

So we're going to, we're going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I love Pennsylvania Avenue. And we're going to the Capitol, and we're going to try and give.

The Democrats are hopeless — they never vote for anything. Not even one vote. But we're going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones because the strong ones don't need any of our help. We're going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.

Thank you all for being here. This is incredible. Thank you very much. Thank you.

No, I didn't hear the Jan. 6th speech as I had stuff to do. Nor will I watch a 70 minute video. I'm only a spectator these days. Plus I'm not defending Trump so don't read anything in to it.

But you make my point for me, if its as bad as they/you say, there is no need to edit the word peaceful out. I think it underminds the Dems case.

Yeah im not so sure what part is supposed to be edited.
I guess technically it is edited since they didnt show the whole speech, but its not like they edited it to say anything other than what was said.
They did leave out about an hour of lies about the election, Trump telling the supporters "We fight like hell, and if you don't fight like hell you're not going to have a country anymore."

So basically telling them, go to the capitol and fight like hell to save the country.
But im sure he meant fight like hell in a very peaceful way.
:laugh:

Probably didnt help that Giuliani warmed up the crowd with peaceful statements as "lets have trial by combat"
Cant for the life of me understand people still defending them and what they did.

Edit: Its true that he mentioned "peacefully" once during his 70 minute speech filled with lies about the election and numeroues instances of him telling the crowd to fight to save democracy, fight to save the country etc.
But i dont think anyone honestly thinks mentioning that once absolves him from the rest of what was said.

I did catch that part of Giuliani saying something, something combat and totally cringed to myself, actually it was more like wtf are you saying Rudy and then I had to go get stuff done.

No, I didn't hear the Jan. 6th speech as I had stuff to do. Nor will I watch a 70 minute video. I'm only a spectator these days. Plus I'm not defending Trump so don't read anything in to it.

But you make my point for me, if its as bad as they/you say, there is no need to edit the word peaceful out. I think it underminds the Dems case.
The word peaceful is NOT in his speech. He never said the word. So it wasn’t edited out.

BIll is lying.
as well, I told you to watch the last minute of the speech. That’s where he says it.
As you were.

I did catch that part of Giuliani saying something, something combat and totally cringed to myself, actually it was more like wtf are you saying Rudy and then I had to go get stuff done.
He tried to backtrack it by saying he was referencing game of thrones.
Nothing in his speech implied that in any way, but i guess he realized it was a pretty dumb thing to say and had to come up with something.

The word peaceful is NOT in his speech. He never said the word. So it wasn’t edited out.

BIll is lying.
as well, I told you to watch the last minute of the speech. That’s where he says it.
As you were.
Does he not mention once that they should march down and peacefully protest?
It gets drowned out by the numerous times he tells the people to fight like hell, fight to save democracy, fight to save the country etc, but im pretty sure it was mentioned once during the speech.

Edit:
Timestamped

He tried to backtrack it by saying he was referencing game of thrones.
Nothing in his speech implied that in any way, but i guess he realized it was a pretty dumb thing to say and had to come up with something.

I even told my buddy when Rudy and the other lawyer (Powell) came out and accused the Dominion people that those were serious allegations and they better have proof or they're gonna get sued. Both know better being lawyers.

I pretty much gave the Trump legal team until the Pennsylvania case which the Supreme Court decided not to hear, that was good enough for me.

It gets drowned out by the numerous times he tells the people to fight like hell, fight to save democracy, fight to save the country etc, but im pretty sure it was mentioned once during the speech.

Edit:
Timestamped

the point is they didn’t edit the word out because it is not there in that clip they showed. so there was no edit.

Now, it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we're going to walk down, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down, we're going to walk down.

Anyone you want, but I think right here, we're going to walk down to the Capitol, and we're going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them.

Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated.

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.

This US doctor on twitter is a dem voter and here is his take:

also:

There’s a very low chance the Senate will vote to convict Donald J. Trump with the two thirds supermajority necessary to do so under our Constitution. Let’s put an end to these theatrics and get back to the business of solving our pressing issues here and now instead of the past.

Rather than focusing on former President Trump and not even getting the 2/3 votes necessary for a Senate conviction, we could be working on providing healthcare and $2000 monthly payments to all Americans suffering in this horrible pandemic. That matters far more than theatrics.

-------------

Maybe the dems were right to come out and strongly condemn the speeches etc...but carrying it on this far makes it seem to me that trump is still living rent free in their heads; If they did the opposite from now on, just forgot trump and got on with their policy program of helping the little guy as it were, quite a few republicans would be impressed I'm sure. It would be refreshing and start to give hope, I don't think this achieves that one iota.

I even told my buddy when Rudy and the other lawyer (Powell) came out and accused the Dominion people that those were serious allegations and they better have proof or they're gonna get sued. Both know better being lawyers.

I pretty much gave the Trump legal team until the Pennsylvania case which the Supreme Court decided not to hear, that was good enough for me.
Yeah, they made some really bold claims, some of them downright crazy, and will probably suffer for it now.
If im not mistaken i think dominion has filed defamation lawsuits against both Rudy & Powell.

It was fun to see how quick fox,oann etc backtracked about Dominion when talk about lawsuits started happening.
"Oh we never really meant dominion was in any way part of some sort of election fraud, and we have no evidence indicating anything like that"

Yet that was everything they were talking about in the weeks leading up to them turning 180 and taking everything back.
Guess money talks.

Edit:
Timestamped

This is similar/same video the media has been showing, but the one O'Reilly showed was the one the impeachment managers played in Congress. I watched it live and noticed the little hiccup, over the word peaceful right off.

This US doctor on twitter is a dem voter and here is his take:

also:

There’s a very low chance the Senate will vote to convict Donald J. Trump with the two thirds supermajority necessary to do so under our Constitution. Let’s put an end to these theatrics and get back to the business of solving our pressing issues here and now instead of the past.

Rather than focusing on former President Trump and not even getting the 2/3 votes necessary for a Senate conviction, we could be working on providing healthcare and $2000 monthly payments to all Americans suffering in this horrible pandemic. That matters far more than theatrics.

-------------

Maybe the dems were right to come out and strongly condemn the speeches etc...but carrying it on this far makes it seem to me that trump is still living rent free in their heads; If they did the opposite from now on, just forgot trump and got on with their policy program of helping the little guy as it were, quite a few republicans would be impressed I'm sure. It would be refreshing and start to give hope, I don't think this achieves that one iota.

What is the alternative?
Dont worry Donnie, since you didnt succeeed in destroying democracy we are letting you off the hook.
But you better not try it again you rascal!

What is the alternative?
Dont worry Donnie, since you didnt succeeed in destroying democracy we are letting you off the hook.
But you better not try it again you rascal!

practical politics rather than gestures and signalling?

Did the first impeachment achieve anything, the dems are becoming a laughing stock to their own voters if the doctor is anything to go by, and he seems pretty clued up and wanting more constructive outcomes than petty theatre.

This is similar/same video the media has been showing, but the one O'Reilly showed was the one the impeachment managers played in Congress. I watched it live and noticed the little hiccup, over the word peaceful right off.
I think it may be from different parts of the speech.
He said numerous times to march down to the capitol.

I think if they wanted to blatantly edit a video to make him look bad, they could have picked alot more damning things he said.
"if we dont fight we wont have a country anymore" "fight to save democracy" etc.

practical politics rather than gestures and signalling?

Did the first impeachment achieve anything, the dems are becoming a laughing stock to their own voters if the doctor is anything to go by, and he seems pretty clued up and wanting more constructive outcomes than petty theatre.
But doing nothing is basically saying its ok to try and overturn an election based on conspiracies and lies, as long as you dont succeed.
And that makes no sense.

Imo the dems have no choice but to go forward with impeachment.
They cant say that Trump tried to overturn the election based on conspiracies and lies, and then NOT try to impeach.
If they think he tried to overturn the election based on lies, and that he was responsible for inciting the crowd that stormed the capitol, they have no choice, they have to go for impeachment, they cant just let it go with a slap on the wrist.

jjj.jpg

But doing nothing is basically saying its ok to try and overturn an election based on conspiracies and lies, as long as you dont succeed.
And that makes no sense.

Yes but the supreme court were too afraid to look at the claims, so that reinforces the conspiracy theories. The fact is lots of liberals hate trump and his voters, all this right and wrong stuff and guff about destroying our democracy is basically hogwash, they want to hurt him and they want to hurt/weaken them to the maximum possible.

Yes but the supreme court were too afraid to look at the claims, so that reinforces the conspiracy theories. The fact is lots of liberals hate trump and his voters, all this right and wrong stuff and guff about destroying our democracy is basically hogwash, they want to hurt him and they want to hurt/weaken them to the maximum possible.
Too afraid?
Isnt it pretty standard that the supreme court does not look at cases that gets laughed out of the lower courts for lacking evidence?
Or were they also too afraid to look at the cases?
The cases where Trumps own lawyers were not even arguing fraud had taken place.

Too afraid?
Isnt it pretty standard that the supreme court does not look at cases that gets laughed out of the lower courts for lacking evidence?
Or were they also too afraid to look at the cases?
The cases where Trumps own lawyers were not even arguing fraud had taken place.

It looked to me they were afraid of the potential consequences, this would have been one of the biggest and most complex cases ever, I can understand why they didn't want to touch it though.

I think it may be from different parts of the speech.
He said numerous times to march down to the capitol.

I think if they wanted to blatantly edit a video to make him look bad, they could have picked alot more damning things he said.
"if we dont fight we wont have a country anymore" "fight to save democracy" etc.

How do you know they didn't? I didn't watch much of it but each side gets 16 hours to present their case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back