Transparency In Published Expected Returns (By Game)

Please read first post in thread before voting.

• Yes, expected returns on individual games should be published

Votes: 64 87.7%
  • No, expected returns on individual games should not be published

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just by way of an update to this topic, I have chatted with Bryan and we have decided to put a written argument together to present to the software providers.

This requires some research and careful reasoning, analysis of the pros and cons and the presentation of arguments plus counter-arguments to obvious rejoinders. With other commitments, that will take a few few weeks in itself. There are good reasons as to why a change like this should and shouldn't be implemented, but unless a case is presented for discussion it will never move forward. We both agree something like this would have some benefits, borne out by the fact that at least one software provider already does this successfully and to no obvious detriment.

I would add that with the need to present a written case, have discussions and no doubt an element of debate, plus the fact we are talking about multiple software providers, I wouldn't hold your breath for anything soon, if at all.

If anyone wants to PM me any input that might be useful, arguments for and against an initiative like this, or anything they think could be useful for us to consider, feel free. If you've already put points over in this thread, please don't to re-send them - it will be considered in the research phase. Also, this is not initially about how or where they are published, or even who publishes them, but the fact that the figures are published. Logistics can follow on when the principle is agreed.

Consequently, I am closing this thread now as it has achieved it's objective and at a suitable stage I will open another thread for continuation of input and updates.

Cheers,

Simmo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back